News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:28AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 289
Total: 292

Managers pay review meeting 2017

Started by Woody44, 28-06-17, 07:31AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Compliance89

Maybe because it's only the in store team managers affected don't forget the store managers just got a lovely big bonus, if team managers had got that then maybe they would be ok with a pay freeze.

Woody44

trolleyboy96

Work to rule, our managers have started to turn phones off at break, I know most think managers get hours of breaks but being a busy store they get 15 mins then back out as they often rely on another manager to cover hence quick breaks.

They have started to go home on time as well which was a shock to some of the staff.

Hardwork no payrise

So I've just spent 40 minutes talking to usdaw, unfortunately 12 years ago when managers moved from section managers to line managers we moved to performance related pay, this in turn stopped usdaw being able to negotiate managers pay rewards. They have advised that all those affected need to make there voices loud and clear, so we have WMTY coming up, there is our first opportunity, blanket strongly disagree especially on the happy with your pay and benefits questions, use the comments box to how disgruntled and disillusioned we are, in previous years those managers above the pay ceiling received a lump sum instead of a hourly pay increase, there is no reason why this cant continue but tesco banned this last year, the union have actually told tesco this isn't right and that tesco risk losing managers to its competitors or seriously damaging their emotional loyalty to tesco, usdaw have also said all managers affected should either send a letter to Matt or Dave detailing  just how unhappy we are that store managers and SD's got a bumper rise but out hard work has been totally ignored, the more they see how unhappy we are the more they will need to listen to us. It's up to us affected managers to shout out and tell tesco its wholly unfair.

Also I like most of you work ridiculous hours our contract agreement says yes there are times we are expected to work more hours than contracted but this is for exceptional times of year,ie Xmas,Easter 5 star weekends, usdaw state it is unreasonable to ask managers to do 50 hour weeks every week, and if that's what we are being told to do then its because unreasonable work loads or environments and we have a right to refuse. So guys and gals if we want the reward we all know we deserve then its time to shout out and tell tesco this is not acceptable, who's with me, WMTY is our first voice, also I would like all of us to start flooding Matt and Dave with emails and letters detailing our disappointment and anger but sign it disgruntled unrewarded team manager, do not use your name as we know some managers will suffer bigger consequences for raising their voice, sorry for the long text but thought you all should know the facts, who's with me ?

Me2015

Get grievance in, no comms about us having to get an Exceed to get pay rise, all year it's been a perf related pay award, if you were met or higher, a pay award should be given.  No comms about what the pay levels are or how these are derived.

Hardwork no payrise

A grievance will only receive the blanket message that this is what tesco have decided, and thus nothing can be done,email Matt and Dave,ruin WMTY with our collective anger, I'll also be emailing national papers in the hope that one will pick up the story.

stresco224

What day is the 23rd December this year?? Good luck with managers doing super Sundays :D

Me2015

Yup hear what you saying but it's the only formal process available to us, bar jacking!  Our T&C's imply Performance Related Pay, by the sounds of it, performance has been achieved yet no pay rise.  There has been no consultation on the possibility that this would be any different, and to drip feed us this nonsense rather than being open and honest is paramount to DL thinking he is way above the reality of daily life in stores!

Quote from: Hardwork no payrise on 29-06-17, 10:10AM
A grievance will only receive the blanket message that this is what tesco have decided, and thus nothing can be done,email Matt and Dave,ruin WMTY with our collective anger, I'll also be emailing national papers in the hope that one will pick up the story.

Manager of many names

I have just sent an e-mail to Matt and Dave. I hope it articulated what we feel, here it is...

Good afternoon,
I felt the need to write to you to express my deep disappointment in the news that some Team Managers have found themselves to be in a position whereby they have met expectations within their performance review, but have now heard that another round of measures designed to save money has resulted in them not receiving a pay rise. I am sure you are aware but just in case you are not, let me share our experience. We are in a store that opened as a Cat8 several years ago. Since then it has reduced to Cat 7 due to severe mistakes made when investigating demographics of area, resulting in a short term "White Elephant" (huge expansion plans for area will improve this situation over next decade). How is this relevant? This has in turn reduced the grades of team Manager pay, and a s a result some individuals have found themselves over the pay grade for this store.
Consequently these individuals now are not eligible for any pay rise including the lump sum that has been a practice for past pay reviews. Now I understand we all need to align basic pay, however to not even receive a lump sum for good performance is in mine and many others opinion a shocking example of kicking those individuals in the teeth that have shown loyalty and passion for Tesco.... up to now.
The general opinion is that these individuals are being pushed out because of the higher pay they receive, and penny pinching in exchange for managers leaving the business. I hope you realise the damage you have done as a leadership of Tesco to so many individuals and groups of colleagues that you have alienated within the space of one week. In this I include Sunday workers.
I hope the Store Managers and leadership above them enjoy their pay rises....
Yours with a sad heart
Experienced Team Manager in process of leaving.

Manager of many names

Quote from: Northernstorelad07 on 28-06-17, 10:11AM
It seems only the seasoned managers are not getting anything because
Of this ceiling surely that would only effect a certain age group thus could
Be classed as discrimination ?

Constructive dismissal territory here. I have just sent an email to both Matt and Dave, and never do that sort of protest. No more mr nice gal!

Manager of many names

Our store an extra, the team managers only do the dutys with a few being covered by seniors. Store manager has made this decision...

jedi

When and how did usdaw inform line managers that they didn't negotiate our wages?
I have no recollection of ever being informed  >:(

Northernstorelad07

My question to Usbore I have been a manager for more than 20 years and paid my Union fees if they have not represented correctly surely they are taking money off me each for only partial representation ? Cannot be right if I pay the same as other members who receive full representation ?

TheViking

Quote from: Manager of many names on 29-06-17, 12:51PM
I have just sent an e-mail to Matt and Dave. I hope it articulated what we feel, here it is...

Good afternoon,
I felt the need to write to you to express my deep disappointment in the news that some Team Managers have found themselves to be in a position whereby they have met expectations within their performance review, but have now heard that another round of measures designed to save money has resulted in them not receiving a pay rise. I am sure you are aware but just in case you are not, let me share our experience. We are in a store that opened as a Cat8 several years ago. Since then it has reduced to Cat 7 due to severe mistakes made when investigating demographics of area, resulting in a short term "White Elephant" (huge expansion plans for area will improve this situation over next decade). How is this relevant? This has in turn reduced the grades of team Manager pay, and a s a result some individuals have found themselves over the pay grade for this store.
Consequently these individuals now are not eligible for any pay rise including the lump sum that has been a practice for past pay reviews. Now I understand we all need to align basic pay, however to not even receive a lump sum for good performance is in mine and many others opinion a shocking example of kicking those individuals in the teeth that have shown loyalty and passion for Tesco.... up to now.
The general opinion is that these individuals are being pushed out because of the higher pay they receive, and penny pinching in exchange for managers leaving the business. I hope you realise the damage you have done as a leadership of Tesco to so many individuals and groups of colleagues that you have alienated within the space of one week. In this I include Sunday workers.
I hope the Store Managers and leadership above them enjoy their pay rises....
Yours with a sad heart
Experienced Team Manager in process of leaving.

I suggest, dig in and wait, the next 12-18 months could be very interesting. In other words wait for a pay-off, unless you find something much better..

Me2015

Must be Breach of Contract! Performance Related Pay Rise is an implied term of our T&C's and to be told we aren't getting it and other are, while using the same criteria, must count for some sort of illegal move??

JL

Just be glad you are still in a job. Alot of the management need wiped out the structure is to complexed. Why are managers getting paid over the odds for filling.

Northernstorelad07

I have like others on here have worked for the company for best part of 30 years when we had larger teams working grocery ect a manager who may be on a larger wage filling might not be from design but is a consequence of step changes that have happened in the business. However we are being penalised for bring green perormers in past years. I have worked through the ranks since I was 16. Lost pension double time and even going back to having a Sat*rday premiums. Never saying anything. But now I feel I have stabbed in the back by people who have only been with the company less than 4 years.

What's happened to the core values ?

Me2015

Good one! 👍👍

Quote from: JL on 29-06-17, 02:59PM
Just be glad you are still in a job. Alot of the management need wiped out the structure is to complexed. Why are managers getting paid over the odds for filling.

Woody44

Quote from: Me2015 on 29-06-17, 04:20PM
Good one! 👍👍

Quote from: JL on 29-06-17, 02:59PM
Iam guessing you are both GA's the biggest problem I have with pay rise is there is so many GA's who don't deserve it and add no value to our store and don't get managed by there managers

Northernstorelad07

Me2015 it's ok to say that however at the end of the day wether you are a part time GA
Or team manager do you think it's right to be treated in this way by Tosco ? And accept that it's ok because we get to keep our jobs for another 6 months to a year ? I am grateful to have a job but I have some self respect. And when you have been in a job for a while and kept to all the rules to have your contract ripped up and told sorry not any more. We could say a lot of staff not just management should think the same just Kay down and take it ???

nhnr10

Quote from: trolleyboy96 on 28-06-17, 07:07PM
Biggest frustration in the open honest transparent world of Dave is that no one will say what the pay band is, if it's store size or sales or just manager head count, it's a farce a made up number that's secret.

Some not all managers have worked hard, took the difficult jobs that no one else wanted, yes they got a small payrise but now it means nothing, small or no payrise the last few years and now this cloak and dagger rubbish. Time to seriously consider redundancy when it comes round again.

It's not secret. The documents are out there in the SM and PM's hands. Paybands are fixed but the actual band each role falls into is store specific based on role, store size, dept and turnover. 90% of Team manager roles will fall into the L3,L4 and L5 bands.

yelsel

Sorry are these the same mangers who told ga's when we lost np1 we we still had a payrise even though we lost money days had a decent payrise nights didn't.  different now the boots on the other foot.  also the ga's are the ones who help you get your good reviews with our hard work getting your department right.. I work on pi we are the ones do the work not our manager we are lucky if we see them once a week. then supposed to say how brilliant the manager is on wmty

Northernstorelad07

Quote from: strebor on 29-06-17, 06:58PM
Sorry are these the same mangers who told ga's when we lost np1 we we still had a payrise even though we lost money days had a decent payrise nights didn't.  different now the boots on the other foot.  also the ga's are the ones who help you get your good reviews with our hard work getting your department right.. I work on pi we are the ones do the work not our manager we are lucky if we see them once a week. then supposed to say how brilliant the manager is on wmty

Well I have never had to speak to anyone about NP1 in 3 years I have lost pension, double time and now time and a half you were lucky because I never even got a brief from Sm about these things I also work in an area where we all work hard my team and myself. And to be fair what if anything could a team manager do or say that would have made a difference to the loss of NP1 ?

Last year no one spoke up about the double time colleagues would say it's only fair as everyone else is on time and a half. Never got a pay rise for a few years now. The boot has never been on the other foot for me

yelsel

didn't say they could do anything about it but to insist we had a payrise and were lucky not just 1 manager but them all.  think if they said it often enough we would believe it. but a lot of us lost double time and now losing time and a half down to time and a quarter don't think my payrise will do 10%.  do you think managers will be as condescending this time round

yelsel

I work on pi we are supposed to work 7pm- 12 now. it hasn't been forced on us yet but it will at some point then I will lose all night rate and hrs.  I'm not really getting at anyone just had to get the point over we are all losing out in one way or another. except people who work days mon - sat.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk