News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 03:10PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,129
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 471
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 421
Total: 423

The Hub

Started by beentheredoneit, 13-08-19, 04:03PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NavyNinja

At what point is the hub triggered though? Presumably it's not watching every little thing constantly? I know other colleagues have voided off items after a walk off etc that have included alcohol or expensive items that may have been de-tagged and/or approved and they've not had a investigation. What is it exactly that prompts a report? For example is it total price etc as surely the Hub is not aware of exactly what products are tagged in every store.

Redshoes

Who knows how things are triggered but stored transactions not recalled and void transactions are being monitored by the stores, so presumably by the Hub. There is now a daily cash office report that gives a list of void transaction, this is for all tills, not just self service. The team support and manager should be checking that they have had the receipts and explanations handed to them and match them against this report. They then need to look at CCTV to check the reason for the void if the receipt has not been handed to them and accounted for.
It's all about clarity. if you de-tag alcohol before it has been paid for that then turns into a walk off transaction, it will always trigger an investigation.

grim up north

All alcohol is de-tagged before payment?

Redshoes

Alcohol should not be de-tagged before payment has completed. If this happens in your store you are going against the company brief, that can be found on the help centre.

Nomad

Is there a notice on tags stating that the tag is and remains the property of the store, else if I pay for something I can only reasonably assume I own all the item and any attached parts, and no staff have the right to touch my property or parts thereof.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

lucgeo

Alcohol and high value are always detagged before payment on main bank...person at end loads trolley and walks away, whilst other person waits to pay by card, then a simple distraction technique...what's to then stop them bolt out before paying??

So on self serve...the assistant comes to verify age, but if put through at beginning of shop, they are then to stand and wait whilst the rest of the shop is put through, paid for, only then do they go to the detagger whilst customer waits??? All this faffing, other customers waiting, and one assistant covering up to 12 checkouts?? Hardly giving exceptional customer service  ???

This is why there are so many walk offs...no supervision on what others are doing, then the poor assistant gets it in the neck  :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

grim up north

I always use the main tills and if i buy alcohol it's always been de-tagged then slid to me. Thats what I was getting at. Another thing that happened last week, a young lady, whom I'm guessing liked to 'travel' approached the till I was at with an overflowing trolley. When the checkout lady said she was closing after me, the young lady said she had already paid for her trolley full, but just needed to pay for the bottles of pop on the child seat. Is that a common trick?

Robert Onedin.

I would think there is enough watching and checking of staff instore.Without this bloody Hub thing,but hey you know these f***s,once it is there they will use it.Must be a right miserable place,full of people hunched over screens watching to see people making mistakes.

King1999

Biggest laugh is Lewis and his arse licking brigade believe tosco is a better place,with all this checking up on staff c**p......5 years they’ve certainly changed the face of the company never thought it would get as bad as it is.The way they’ve gone  at staff and the way they’ve done it,my advise do everything by the book a once happy store feels like purgatory now and I bet that’s the majority of stores.

miriam

King1999

Yeap
I totally agree with u

Fun girl

A had a investigation because a had a walk away without paying and there were a tagged item and had took it off before customer had payed the hub picked it up but what the hub didn't pick up was a went after the customer and brought them back to pay  but in my investigation they sayed it wasn't in our training it was only on the help line we hadn't to take off tag till the payment went throw so told we had not to take taggs off till payment went throw and check there till receipt that it had been payed for so we do it that way now so customers are going mad because they have to wait and because were checking there recipe  but a have never been told or in my training to do it this way so had all had to sign a letter saying that we have to do it this way now

Redshoes

Self service process different from main bank but it is de-tag after payment has completed on self service. No need to check receipt though, transaction just needs to be cleared from screen.
Alcohol scanned, you intervene and take bottle(S) away, customer continues to scan and then pay, you come back with bottle(s) , check all completed on screen and hand back to customer. No big issue.

lucgeo

8-) " no big issue"

Twould seem your self serve colleagues and your customers disagree  :thumbdown:

lucgeo

What are they meant to do with the bottles taken away, whilst customer continues to scan rest of shop? Tuck them underarm? Why bother taking them away if they're not yet de tagged? The whole process is a farce...light goes on...I believe customer can not proceed with rest of scanning till cleared by assistant? ....waits for the ONE assistant to be free to confirm age....customer proceeds with the rest of scan...then waits for the ONE assistant to return with their goods, that they are being charged for....the ONE assistant is now helping other customers, so they wait and wait...then the ONE assistant returns to de tag to enable the customer to pay and leave!! Be quicker going through a main bank...but Tesco want pressure put on ONE assistant serving multiple customers, than pay for more assistants on main bank, whilst spouting on about exceptional customer service  :-X :-X

King1999

Any form of customer service died about 5 years ago when Lewis took over.

Nomad

There is a whole raft of procedures/impositions placed on customers and staff that is a detriment to customer service.  The company for some unknown reason erroneously see them as being beneficial to the company.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Ghostboy212

Me and another colleague are having a hub investigation due to Clubcard misuse this was due to me using his Clubcard when not having mine. Anyone know what the likely outcome will be? We have both been there for about 4 years and have had 0 serious investigations, (we both have had let’s talks)

NightAndDay

I've seen most go to final writtens if you have a clean record, fraud is treated very seriously by the company, if you approach this as if you weren't aware of the policy, they'll probably be a bit more lenient.

Ghostboy212

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah I was unaware as we were both colleagues I thought this would be fine. I will happily own up to my mistake hopefully this benefits in my case

penguin

Best approach is just to be honest, admit your wrongdoing and promise it will not happen again, we all make mistakes hopefully the manager who deals with it takes all that into account.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

forrestgimp

Quote from: NavyNinja on 18-09-20, 02:40PM
At what point is the hub triggered though? Presumably it's not watching every little thing constantly? I know other colleagues have voided off items after a walk off etc that have included alcohol or expensive items that may have been de-tagged and/or approved and they've not had a investigation. What is it exactly that prompts a report? For example is it total price etc as surely the Hub is not aware of exactly what products are tagged in every store.

Everything is triggered to the hub and I mean everything. Open the waste cage the hub gets pinged to check it out see whats going on, get too near the makeup or spirits shelves they get pinged, have a walk off for whatever reason they get pinged to check it out, someone buys something expensive (seems to be £20 and up) they get pinged to make sure its paid for.

Have card declined they get pinged to make sure alternative payment is made, wasting a product at CS desk they get pinged to make sure its above board.

it goes off every 2 seconds on my screen big yellow box titled event alert all i have to do is click on watch video or look at pictures and they come up automaticaly. If they decide its a bit dodgy the pictures and stuff are kept for a couple of years if not its binned after 30 days.

Redshoes

The HUB triggers investigations is process not followed. The ones we have had in our store are alcohol being de-tagged prior to payment completing, a walk off being removed from till as stored transaction or a walk off that did not contain alcohol being removed from till as void but receipt going in the bin.
We will always have walk off, the Hub is really just looking that correct process was followed. If we don't follow correct process it might have been prevented or could it be classed as fraud, as in collusion.  A walk off that has been spotted and reported in a very short time that does not have any process errors will not  always trigger an investigation.
The tri-lights go off but a speedy customer can be in car ready to drive away before they do. They do however go off and a void that sits on till for 10-20 mins may trigger an investigation. The tri-lights don't go off until the warning goes on the till to ask customer if they wish to continue. This is so we don't rush the slower customers. We recently had a hub investigation about a walk off that sat on the till for 10 mins but the colleague had back to self service area and was seen talking to another colleague and totally unaware of what was going on within self service. The walk off was just contactless that did not go through, it was attempted. The customer could have even been at home before the colleague noticed. It was only because another customer tried to use that till and pointed out that there was a transaction still sitting on the till and pointed this out to colleague.
Others may not fully admit the mistakes they have made. A hub investigation is what it says. It's an investigation, with suggested questions and the first thing a manager should do is review the CCTV. In most cases it's a wake up call, just something to learn from.

Nomad

I have never seen a sign/label stating "This product has a security device attached which is not part of the product, it will be removed after purchase payment is made."

Just saying.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Redshoes

There is a self service brief to say de-tag after purchase has completed.

Nomad

You have missed my point completely.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk