Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:56PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,125
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Lockdown 2: Vulnerable Employees, just who is to work and who is not?

Started by person7, 04-11-20, 11:51PM

Previous topic - Next topic

person7

I saw this statement on the Our Tesco website which is dated yesterday, (3rd november 2020)

"As a business we have taken the decision to ask all CEV colleagues and Clinically Vulnerable (CV) colleagues who have been deemed higher risk by Occupational health â€" including those living in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales â€" to not come to work from 5 November to 2 December 2020. These colleagues will be paid and we will review the situation throughout November in advance of 2 December"

Now.. heres the bit im confused

"all CEV colleagues and Clinically Vulnerable (CV) colleagues who have been deemed higher risk by Occupational health" is in the paragraph but the headline is:

"Updated guidance for Clinically Extremely Vulnerable colleagues"

Occupation Health but me category B due to my health, saying im at risk of covid and tesco has to ensure changes are made to make the job safer, one my terms is i must have a face mask on at all times even in staff areas (except eating of course) and not to stock if its too busy on the shop floor, but at my own discretion etc.

The headline/title suggest only group C in the "clinically extremely vulerable" is to stay off. but the paragrah right below says " AND Clinically Vulnerable"

so that suggests group B and C?

Personally i dont want to stay off, i live alone with no family nearby at all, and already only work part time due to my health issues.. however if its unsafe for me as deemed by the health experts, then i will of course stay off if i have to (we get paid anyway) but im hoping the "terms of occupational health report" can just "re-apply" - for me it means less stocking, more back room stuff and tills instead as its more screened from the customers.

does anyone know/have a clear idea? As nobody at work seems to know..

its a pain as i only asked monday for some overtime shifts.. now im unsure if i can do any of them or not starting tomorrow if we have to shield.

miriam

I'm in same situation. You have to be on list, I'm not on list.
I wear a mask it protects others, many customers are not protecting me.

Babyface

Hi, I'm in group B. But not on the managers list. So I'm very careful

It’s all CEV colleague that are off so off you had a shielding letter your off, if you were in the clinically vulnerable group that were due to return in June and had an occupational heath referral that deemed you cat C you were then classified by Tesco as Higher risk  and told to stay off until August.

miriam

Hi I shielded until 1st Aug
My store are not acknowledging me
How do i change
I wish to shield

Fixxer

You'd have to get in touch with Occupational Health.  If you've already been classified, though unless your circumstances have changed it's unlikely they'll reclassify you in time for this lockdown.

Quote from: miriam on 05-11-20, 10:31AM
How do i change
I wish to shield
If you were shielding you were CEV with a letter from the nhs/government that you gave to Tesco? Then you should be off this time. Read the COVID-19 Q&A on colleague help

notsofunny

Quote from: miriam on 05-11-20, 10:31AM
How do i change
I wish to shield

If I am correct from last time You did not have a shielding  letter ,

And you was not classed as CEV ,

If you was on the Government list from last time You should have got a E mail or a letter like the rest have ,

All it takes is for you to show your Letter that says Shielding from last time saying CEV class if you say you have it , or the letter or E mail from this time showing the same this time ,

miriam

I had a shielding letter just dated 27th April which was later than others
Then second was dated to take me until 1st aug

miriam

Thanku everyone
My store don't have correct information as usual

StephenL

Quote from: miriam on 06-11-20, 06:58AM
I had a shielding letter just dated 27th April which was later than others
Then second was dated to take me until 1st aug

Miriam, I seem to remember you made this sound quite complicated in April/May and were very vague whether you held a valid 'shielding letter' or not.   You asked the same questions over and over.  This time is really is quite simple.  Here's what you need to do:

IF you have a letter, telling you that you must stay home and shield, then photocopy that letter, give to your manager and stay at home.  You will be paid by Tesco.

IF you don't have a letter telling you to shield BUT you did have an Occupational Health review in June/June and the outcome of that review was that you are graded Category C....then give a copy of that review to your manager (if they don't already have one).  You should then stay home and you will be paid by Tesco.

IF you don't have a letter explicitly telling you to 'remain at home and shield' and you haven't undergone an Occupational Health Review that graded you as a Category C, then you should return to work and discuss your concerns with your manager.  He or she should then discuss with you those options but it's unlikely to include the option of staying at home on full pay (unless you can take holiday).

miriam

You are right it's confusing made confusing by the fact I'm asthmatic who had a virus then chest infection
I had letters to shield from 27th April til 1st of Aug
Now I've an email from tesco to shield
In store they say I'm not on the list
So where is it going wrong
OH meeting took place after My second shielding letter arrived which should never have taken place as my second letter super exceeds OH guidelines by my gp
Why is my store getting it wrong or im not being acknowledged as being an asthmatic

If everyone wore  masks or kept 2metres apart

honeybunch

I work for a district Council and it is only clinically extremely vulnerable residents that are receiving help with food deliveries etc.
This group will receive a government letter in the next few days or so. If memory serves me right it is only about 3% of the shielding cases from the original lockdown figures that are included this time round.
I don't know if this helps or not.
Life is too short to stuff a mushroom!

Zx81

It's a mess to be honest, because I had a OH report and it came back as,catergory A I'm free to work yet people who didn't take the OH report with the same underlying health conditions as me have been sent home for a month, clueless!

notsofunny

Could it be that they have a letter from the Gov to stay home ?  and you do not , its not all about you being in the A class if you feel you should be in the C class then contact your doctor or if you have the Gove letter saying you was to be in ECV class from the last time then that covers you show that and stay home , other wise don't assume  conditions other's have or not since some have other health problems on top of what you have which could put them in a higher group ,,

notsofunny

Quote from: honeybunch on 06-11-20, 07:02PM
I work for a district Council and it is only clinically extremely vulnerable residents that are receiving help with food deliveries etc.
This group will receive a government letter in the next few days or so. If memory serves me right it is only about 3% of the shielding cases from the original lockdown figures that are included this time round.
I don't know if this helps or not.

In case someone needs this service in most cases you will get a call or you will be on the list from last time , Other wise phone the help line and get your name on it , last time we had someone turn up with a few box's with food and other things , mu wife very politely said she did not need it and to take us of the list , we also got someone contact us to do our shopping which we said no to as well since we have friends and family that could do it , but if you need help they ask them ,  you will find some great people around to help you ,,

Zx81

Quote from: notsofunny on 06-11-20, 07:24PM

Could it be that they have a letter from the Gov to stay home ?  and you do not , its not all about you being in the A class if you feel you should be in the C class then contact your doctor or if you have the Gove letter saying you was to be in ECV class from the last time then that covers you show that and stay home , other wise don't assume  conditions other's have or not since some have other health problems on top of what you have which could put them in a higher group ,,
They have no government letter I know them personally, ite just a mess because last time around they told everyone who had underlying health conditions to go home as they weren't doctors and couldn't risk it but as some haven't been in touch with OH they are being given a month off, one guy got a call asking if his copd was chronic 😂😂 it's the first word in copd 😂😂 all joking apart this ineptitude could end up with serious consequences!

T69

Don’t know if this has been asked. With colleagues being advised to shield again with company sick pay or if ran out SSP and Tesco topping up, I presume this will affect the sick pay allowance in the future if colleague is to take sick??

Zx81

Quote from: Zx81 on 06-11-20, 08:58PM

They have no government letter I know them personally, ite just a mess because last time around they told everyone who had underlying health conditions to go home as they weren't doctors and couldn't risk it but as some haven't been in touch with OH they are being given a month off, one guy got a call asking if his copd was chronic 😂😂 it's the first word in copd 😂😂 all joking apart this ineptitude could end up with serious consequences!
Just to add to the above I signed a disclaimer last time around and worked but I think it's a very risky thing to distinguish between underlying conditions and it may come back to haunt them.

notsofunny

Quote from: T69 on 06-11-20, 09:10PM
Don’t know if this has been asked. With colleagues being advised to shield again with company sick pay or if ran out SSP and Tesco topping up, I presume this will affect the sick pay allowance in the future if colleague is to take sick??

Sadly yes it seems it will , But then no one will give the correct answer to what you asked as to a direct policy link , but since the system will log you as sick then you will use up your sick allowance as you will part of your holidays they will be deducting ,

wonder also what they have said about holidays booked ? someone asked me and I don't know if they stand like last time or they will allow you to cancel them ,,

would be good to hear from someone that inputs wages as to how they are going to code it ,,, anyone know ?

notsofunny

Last time around no one understood what  was what  and tesco just told people to stay at home or people decided them selfs that they fell in that group , I have heard that talked to at least 9 staff that had pay stopped last time around , this time if they  have told anyone to stay home with out a letter the manager is just incompetent , also unlike the last time on return everyone will be asked for the letter so thats just a heads up in case anyone is thinking about pulling a fast one ,,,

person7

Quote from: miriam on 05-11-20, 08:50AM
I'm in same situation. You have to be on list, I'm not on list.
I wear a mask it protects others, many customers are not protecting me.

The confusing thing is I'm on the list as category B, but even my mangers don't know if category B is included in the shielding themselves or not, so they said until head office clarifies it, I'm to keep coming in but "be extra careful".

Zx81

Quote from: notsofunny on 06-11-20, 09:59PM

Last time around no one understood what  was what  and tesco just told people to stay at home or people decided them selfs that they fell in that group , I have heard that talked to at least 9 staff that had pay stopped last time around , this time if they  have told anyone to stay home with out a letter the manager is just incompetent , also unlike the last time on return everyone will be asked for the letter so thats just a heads up in case anyone is thinking about pulling a fast one ,,,
I dont think people decided for themselves, we fill in health questionnaires every year and management cross referenced them and sent people home, also I think they probably still dont know what effect catching covid19  with a catergory a underlying illness will do to someone but I suspect the legal team knows what's what now when it comes to any potential claim, wealth before health!

Zoomer999

I was off last time but as I am only clinically vulnerable I don’t qualify to be off this time around I am pretty worried to still be at work and was curious if people in my situation are entitled to unpaid leave??

Redshoes

Yes you can. You can take a lifestyle break or use up holidays if you have them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk