News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 07:03PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 289
Total: 291

Tesco Pension

Started by taliahad, 23-06-19, 08:04AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie Harper

Just found it on the pension website...

'From age 55, you can take your savings all as cash (25% tax-free), a bit at a time or as a guaranteed regular income.'

So, for example, a 50 year old slaps in 7.5% a month (let's call it £100), Tesco match it, giving him a pot of around 11 grand after 5 years. That pot has cost him less than 5.5 grand (once tax breaks are accounted for).

Those calculations are not including any pot growth of course. (It should be noted nothing is guaranteed & pensions can go down as well as up).

Denbis

Been in current tesco retirement scheme since it started..less than 4 years ago (i think), pay 7.5% in each pay, normally around £100, and thats matched by tesco. Currently have just over 11k in pot. I am sure theres a lot better pensions out there but i think its a decent scheme.

Chiefstudbaker

I worked for tosco for 21 years till 2016....just a query about my pension if anyone can help....i keep getting letters from the new pension which i paid into for about a year....why dont i hear nothing from the one that closed??? I wanna make sure i get my my money when the time comes as i paid into that one for 20 yrs....should i not be recieving letters regarding that one??? How will i go about claiming it??? Im only 45 and appreciate I've got years to go but just wanna make sure i get whats due....thanks

Charlie Harper

Try this...
User name: tesco Password: mypension

Baker1961

Quote from: Hansolo on 20-02-20, 03:06PM
I worked for tosco for 21 years till 2016....just a query about my pension if anyone can help....i keep getting letters from the new pension which i paid into for about a year....why dont i hear nothing from the one that closed??? I wanna make sure i get my my money when the time comes as i paid into that one for 20 yrs....should i not be recieving letters regarding that one??? How will i go about claiming it??? Im only 45 and appreciate I've got years to go but just wanna make sure i get whats due....thanks

The old pension you will need to contact them and they will tell you how much it will pay you when you retire you can ask for break down to be sent to your house you must keep them up to date with any changes like next of kin and telephone numbers I asked for a transfer value to be sent to me because if I became  unwell I would no how much I could transfer in to my new pension with legal and general so my wife would have my pot to drawdown from ,say I get a illness meaning I was going to die in a few years I would transfer my pensions in to one becauce a spouse only gets half for life she would have to live over 45 ye a rs after my passing to get the transfer value out of the pension ,as I am in good health I have left it where it is I am 57   

hot_chick

In regards to pension.. If im near pension age do i have to give notice of wanting to retire or can i just hand my one weeks notice in as normal?

notsofunny

Your Job and your pension are not truly linked ,so you can leave your job when ever you want ,

If I remember correctly depending on how long you have been working for Tesco you could have up to 4 different pensions ,

When you say you are near pension age , are you talking about Government pension age 65 years or 55 from when you can take your pension from ? if it is the 55 one then I would think twice before taking it since the pay out would be lower , Also remember that you don't have to take the pension when you retire , You could stop paying into it and still allow it to grow so you get a larger pot to draw on later on in your life ,

Remember you can work and still take any pension you are due ,

Talk to your pension company , the details will be on the yearly letter you get showing how much you have built up , like I said could be up to 4 company's ,

I would contact the pension company's that are looking after your pension to give you a figure on what you will get

One bit of WARNING , You will start getting letters from all sorts of company's offering to sell you something or to sort your pension or pensions out ,  I would rip them up and bin the letters ,

All the best ,,

hot_chick

So i can tell tesco to stick the job where the sun don't shine and leave, whoop ;D

I don't plan on using any pension at the moment. But wanna leave ASAP.

Thanks

notsofunny

I have read your other post today , would just say Get advice about if you can leave before the investigation  or should since the job situation is not good at the moment so  remember don't make a decision in haste ,,,,,

Redshoes

It takes a bit longer to set up retirement and there are advantages to this. If you have done a given amount of years (I think it's 10) you can drop 5% of your hours for six months in the run up to retirement without any loss in pay. The days and times on this are to be mutually agreed but depending on how many hours you do this can be a nice amount of time.
All you need to know on this can be found online.

Bonny Heather

Its a 5th of your working week not 5% for 6 months before you retire and yes it is if you’ve been with Tesco for at least 10 yrs that you’re entitled to this.

Redshoes

I worded that badly, I do know It's a 5th of the working week.

sunshineman

[admin]Please do not make the same post in two threads.[/admin]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk