News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 09:37PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,428
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 544
Total: 548

Management restructure

Started by beentheredoneit, 03-03-21, 11:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RhysGGood

I'm a a manager who will be stepping down to a colleague role but by the looks of it I don't get anything so really should step down to shift leader then step down again over due course

Gizmo

Every manager role is affected by this change but the question is what happens if a manager doesn't agree to sign the document like they have been asked to do by the 12 April, so that Tesco can change them from a department team manager to a team manager on their contract. Some stock control managers didn't agree to change to a stock and admin manager & been in limbo since would we see the same scenario

David1

I remember recruiting line managers on 36k per year. Blimey those days are gone.

beentheredoneit

Quote from: Gizmo on 11-03-21, 04:32PM
Every manager role is affected by this change but the question is what happens if a manager doesn't agree to sign the document like they have been asked to do by the 12 April, so that Tesco can change them from a department team manager to a team manager on their contract. Some stock control managers didn't agree to change to a stock and admin manager & been in limbo since would we see the same scenario
Definitely. There has to be this option as a 'soft' change. Be interesting what the company do about that (eventually). I am sure the SMs have been tasked to get everyone to accept the new roles, but there will always be us awkward ones ....... depends on where you are in your career .......
beentheredoneit

beentheredoneit

Question to someone who may know. If team leader role is coming out of a store, they are told to step down to CA and get either a lump sum or protected pay for 18 months.
In what way is this NOT a redundancy situation?
beentheredoneit

barafear

I think the technical HR phrase would be that an employee has been offered suitable alternative employment.

https://www.gov.uk/redundancy-your-rights/suitable-alternative-employment

If you fancy your chances of fighting a tribunal case and stating that the roles/pay are not "suitable" to your skills, then go ahead.

This is what happens across the board.

Who is to say that removing a £20k/year post and offering a person a £16k/year post is not offering a suitable alternative employment - and of course, sweetened with pay protection/lump sum (which is probably mandatory anyway).

takethemoneyandrun

What happens if there are not enough shift leader roles to accommodate the department managers??..does this mean they are displaced again like the s/c managers are from 2 years ago? On managers pay but just sitting in the with the wages clerk doing fornicate all day 5 days a week?? Because there is no role for them..

NightAndDay

The pay protection/lump sum isn't mandatory, it's a sweetener to take the focus away from the legal definition of redundancy, "stepping down" wouldn't be considered suitable alternative employment as it would be seen as making them underemployed as there would be a distinction between responsibilities and accountabilities as well as salary.

sam

Any update about GM manager ? my Gm/H&b department have 10 staff ,is my manager is going to be moved?

T.C.1

Wait what 10 staff we are a big extra and we have 4 on GM and nights do H&B just seems a lot of staff

AudiTTman

The role of Off Till Activity has vastly changed, they now only do the basic stuff, no more Rotas etc, no more change run! However, how do they justify dropping their wage to a C grade when the CSD staff will still be on a D grade and yet, they don't do as much as they used to?

oldfashionedplayer

Quote from: T.C.1 on 12-03-21, 06:01AM
Wait what 10 staff we are a big extra and we have 4 on GM and nights do H&B just seems a lot of staff

We have 16 in ours 😂, all women nights, 3 of them, 4 lads for during day and then 9 between 6am and 8pm for GM who manage to get about as much done as 1 if the girls in nights and they are slow 😂, guess you got a real short straw for your extra compared to ours... Though you can never find Any of them during the day until clock out 🤔.....

Used to just have 2 on nights for GM back in the day too I miss those days was peaceful over there at night...

Morris999

@AudiTTman, the CSD on D grade is mainly to do with moneygram etc, and I think that was how phone shop were able to fight there corner to be paid the same a few years back.
They all come under the FCA and if you haven't completed the relevant training then you cannot even help the colleague who might be struggling.

I've known managers investigated by HO on advise from Moneygram just because they helped the CSD colleague who was struggling for whatever reason.
It's basically if you haven't completed the relevant financial training you do not get involved, no matter how much the CSD or Phoneshop colleague is struggling, and the majority of managers are not required to have completed it.
Whether that will now change with the new structure is anyone's guess.

T.C.1

@oldfashionedplayer, 16!!! O my days like to see your heat map  :'(

NightAndDay

From what I understand, Tesco themselves don't have as much autonomy over what they do with phone shop colleagues, I've heard they also don't answer till checkouts because there's some sort of influence from O2 as well.

trolleyboy96

From the managers part of the restructure there's no date so it's routine as normal, will be phased in as managers leave, so if you go from 10 managers down to 6 in new structure 4 need to leave, I'm guessing if 2 leave that means shift supervisors can start to be phased in. This is a long game restructure could take years in some stores. But if one store on your group moves at pace and is then short, under the new team manager title they can move the managers in the over staffed to the understaffed store, if it's not nights to days or vice versa it's deemed reasonable.

NightAndDay

Moving stores may be unreasonable if distance is further as you'd be more out of pocket and free time.

Cinderella

Does anyone know for sure when we need to give our managers our final decisions on the roles? I was given three answers in a single sentence, when I asked the question! "By 11th April, so by the end of the month we need your answer - I'll call you Monday for your final decision"

8-)

superstore_tl

The new job role begins on 11 April
Although I have not been told when you officially have to agree by

Typical getting 3 answers though

Mystery2021

Is the checkout team support to move to service team support or do we
Still get the option of stepping down as a customer assistant with the buy out or
The cut in skill payment for 18 months

Alis Angels

Has any team support in dot com had there meetings yet

Cinderella

Quote from: Mystery2021 on 12-03-21, 11:04PM
Still get the option of stepping down as a customer assistant with the buy out or

You have to choose what you will do. But if you try the STS role and change your mind, you lose the buy out for stepping down later

Mystery2021

So all offers are still available to checkout team support then. Can your sm just transfer you over without given you those options.

forrestgimp

Quote from: Cinderella on 13-03-21, 12:16AM
Quote from: Mystery2021 on 12-03-21, 11:04PM

You have to choose what you will do. But if you try the STS role and change your mind, you lose the buy out for stepping down later

Not sure that should be the case, at least in the case of redundancy you are entitled to try a new role for a set period of time to see if it is a good fit or not and then still decide to acccept redundancy.

I would query that and not kust take a managers word for it, remember they have no more clue than you but will act as if they are the font of all knowledge.

Omg1

As a store manager that left after the last restructure ( compliance managers and PM ) don't believe any thing unless you get it in writing. I saw people given wrong information in different stores and when regional support were asked to provide guidance it was wrong and then they denied it. No support at all !. I left as I felt my integrity was compromised and lies told to effected colleagues. This one will be the same on what I have heard and I know even more store managers will leave . Good luck to everyone who will be effected but some people have been doing a lesser job in the management teams than other for a few years now. Grocery managers moved to twilight shifts a few years ago was the start of the treating people differently.
There are many companies that you can go to that will value your skills , Tesco stopped valuing everyone when Philip Clarke took over.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk