News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-04-24, 04:34AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,429
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 550
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 554
Total: 555

Management restructure

Started by beentheredoneit, 03-03-21, 11:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirty-donkey

Colleague 3000000 you need to stop squealing like a stuck pig in every thread and go away and google a poem called 'First They Came For The Jews' by Martin Niemöller.
Read that, and then go away and sit in a corner and hang your head in shame and have a think about all those Tosco workers who have been pushed out and abused over the last decade.
Didn't hear a cheap out of you on here then? But hey! I was alright, Jack!

beentheredoneit

Quote from: NightAndDay on 09-03-21, 05:15PM
Express Shift Leaders have it much harder than a lot of other manager positions, they are often the duty of the store and have a lot more responsibility than SLs in Metros and presumably superstores.

I know Express fuel sites that take around £300k+ a week plus that have 1 SM and 3 full times SLs and 1 part time, and about 20 part time cas, never more than 1 on 3  or 1 on 4,  they also don't have cleaners like Superstores do. Express SLs definitely should be on more money just for the fact that they are usually the top of the chain when running shift, while in Metro and Superstore they will have TMs and possibly leads or the SM in the store as well.

In fact, this is somewhat recognised by the fact that it's only in Express that SLs get paid for not being able to take their break.
The intention is for Shift Managers to run the stores as per Express, Team Managers do colleague things. Apparently.
No doubt soon all stores will have to do their own cleaning ....
beentheredoneit

King1999

Just remember are well being is their top priority.💩💩💩💩👍

Colleague 3000000

Stay safe - that's the Tesco workers motto.

As long as it happens to someone else there will be no strikes.

That's what a union is all about, unity, you strike even when it doesn't really effect you but others in your group.

That's how unions have their power. They get all the group to strike not just the ones effected.

1 in every £8 is spent in the uk is spent in a Tesco. Did you know that?

Yes we have the power to cause some serious financial disruption if we issue a strike order. 

King1999

The unions a joke ...... pointless route to take.They've taken a self destruct route with staff end of.

Cinderella

I was told my buy out figure today. Didn't expect to hear it, as I was originally told that they only calculate it once you state a lump sum buy out as your decision. I haven't given them an answer yet. The pay out is generous, when compared to statutory redundancy pay.!

I have to keep reminding younger colleagues that it's not a bonus, and that there will be a permanent pay cut at the end of it!

Ulsterlass

I am currently a grocery team manager in a large superstore. We currently have 2 lead team and 8 managers. Our structure is 4 managers and 4 shift leaders. How is this possible to cut the management by half. It would made more sense offering reduncies as i would of taken it.  Does anyone know what the salary is for a full time shift leader

Stubbo

Kizza7

Quote from: Checkout Superstar on 09-03-21, 09:20AM
I don't think Stock Control is effected by this

Stock & admin managers stitched up again 2 years after previous "soft structure"

Welshie

Quote from: dirty-donkey on 09-03-21, 05:30PM
Colleague 3000000 you need to stop squealing like a stuck pig in every thread and go away and google a poem called 'First They Came For The Jews' by Martin Niemöller.
Read that, and then go away and sit in a corner and hang your head in shame and have a think about all those Tosco workers who have been pushed out and abused over the last decade.
Didn't hear a cheap out of you on here then? But hey! I was alright, Jack!
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Davethebave

Full time shift leader is roughly 21k a year. This doesn't include sundays, I'm pretty sure they work any 5/7 so you would get a few Sunday's throughout the year plus the option of overtime on days off etc

forrestgimp

Quote from: Ulsterlass on 09-03-21, 09:01PM
I am currently a grocery team manager in a large superstore. We currently have 2 lead team and 8 managers. Our structure is 4 managers and 4 shift leaders. How is this possible to cut the management by half. It would made more sense offering reduncies as i would of taken it.  Does anyone know what the salary is for a full time shift leader

Because it not going to happen. non of the managers will lose their jobs Tesco have stated this already. While they want your store to be 4 managers and 4 shift leaders they are going to wait utill managers leave of their own volition and not replace them.

So basically never.

NightAndDay

With overtime and premiums, I know some hitting just over £24k a year in express.

There is very little difference between a Shift Leader and a Team Manager, i would go so far to say that in some respects, Express shift leaders have greater responsibilities than a team manager as they're always duty and key holders.

Rad

Quote from: NightAndDay on 10-03-21, 10:05AM

With overtime and premiums, I know some hitting just over £24k a year in express.

There is very little difference between a Shift Leader and a Team Manager, i would go so far to say that in some respects, Express shift leaders have greater responsibilities than a team manager as they're always duty and key holders.
Quote from: forrestgimp on 10-03-21, 09:33AM

Because it not going to happen. non of the managers will lose their jobs Tesco have stated this already. While they want your store to be 4 managers and 4 shift leaders they are going to wait utill managers leave of their own volition and not replace them.

So basically never.

Some leads will be promoted to wl3, some managers will be promoted to leads or move to express.   Huge expansion of express planned over next couple of years so loads of jobs. 

Some will retire, some will leave to join other companies.

Cwtch

[mod]Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).[/mod]

What they are trying to do is move the colleagues on full time hrs and the managers on the higher salaries around and make their life hard so they can get rid of them and have these know all's in suits come in and run the stores for very little but at the same time lining their pockets so they are OK.

RhysGGood

If a manager chooses to take a colleague role throughout this restructure will they be entitled to a pay out?

beentheredoneit

I believe Team Managers can take Shift Leader role with 18 months buy out dont know to CA (dont see why not)
beentheredoneit

NightAndDay

It has to be a suitable alternative, Shift Leaders are much in line with Team Managers, the pay difference is probably about £500 a year (or the same if you include premiums, potentially less if you include overtime).

Going to a CA would be considered "Stepping down" and not in line with what Tesco is offering.

newdawnrising

Shift leaders are 11.15 an hour some team managers are on a good few quid more than that. It's a lot more than £500 difference

NightAndDay

Team Managers range from £22k a year to £32k a year, some can be, but the lower rung ones won't be on much more if anything at all when things like Sunday premiums and overtime are taken into account.

overworkedexpresslad

I'm an express team leader and so far this year i've earnt just under £22k with still another paid day to go.
We also deserve to be paid more than normal shift leaders in superstore/extra's as we have more duties to care of and often have to run the shop 1 on 1 and no store manager. We don's stop from the minute we enter the store to the minute we leave and if we get a break then its a good day. Think yourself lucky if your in superstore/Extra. same money for far less responsibility.

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Checkout Superstar on 08-03-21, 11:06AM
Quote from: Colleague 3000000 on 08-03-21, 10:58AM
Tesco is doing us dirty!

It's time for strike action.

Thing is, I doubt many floor GA staff would go on strike just so the Team Leaders can keep their £2 extra.

Sad but true,

I really want to strike too!!! I feel completely shafted! The thought of sitting on a checkout on set hours drives me insane!!

Albert

Re: removal of Checkout Team Support in small superstore.
Comparing the old and new definitions of Off Till Activity, there is very little difference to the tasks and current Team Support are the only ones trained to complete many if them. This screams EXPLOITATION as they will be the only "Ga's" completing these tasks because they know how to. Will all checkouts ga's be given access to the cash office, so anyone can complete this task?
Who will take responsibility of break rota, will everyone have access to tablet? If there are too many team managers, there will be few or no shift leaders to fill the void.
Any thoughts?

emma070706

Quote from: Kizza7 on 09-03-21, 11:01PM
Quote from: Checkout Superstar on 09-03-21, 09:20AM
I don't think Stock Control is effected by this

Stock & admin managers stitched up again 2 years after previous "soft structure"

Are you a stock and admin manager? What are the changes?

Stockman

Has anyone seen the buy out policy? Can a manager step down to shift leader, take the payment and then leave after 6 months?

Cheers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk