Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 06:04PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,427
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 530
Total: 533

Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.

Started by Undercover1, 26-05-18, 12:21PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forrestgimp

They have a strange sense of whats rewarding dont they, I mean saving lives keeping the peace doing a multitude of things are rewarding but I would not class flogging a can of beans or fags and a scratch card to chavs all that rewarding to be honest.

Loki

;D ;D So true!  ;D ;D

Typical Tesco logic. I still struggle with the fact that some actually do find it rewarding. The very same people who just shrug at their premiums being cut and actually feeling thankful that they are still employed.

I think Duracell and a few others on here have touched upon this many times over the years... apathy. And that my friend is rife throughout stores and far outnumber those with any real conviction whereby any shout for change is futile.

It's not just the Union at fault I'm afraid to say... and furthermore it suits the Union. Moreso the Company.
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

JL

How are they helping the community any when all they are doing is cutting workers terms and conditions and expecting the impossible out of them. This indicator was red in my old stores WMTY.

forrestgimp

Loki said it, Apathy is king everyone just goes with the flo.

OvaSees

Quote from: Loki on 27-08-18, 11:05PM
Typical Tesco logic. I still struggle with the fact that some actually do find it rewarding.
Spot on. And it's not just apathy that's rife - it's the supreme arrogance from management. There are swathes of them who genuinely believe that I do a very routine, menial, repetitive, tedious, thankless task for an ungrateful master in a terrible environment amidst constantly eroding reward because I somehow derive some kind of spiritual fulfilment from it. It's staggering.

I work in a supermarket. That's it. It's a purely transactional relationship, nothing more. I do what you contract, train and instruct me to do and in return I take money from you.

Loki

With them taking money from you. It's disgusting the rapid speed in which premiums have been slashed.

Lewis tried to urge Government to include "benefits" within National Living Wage criteria. Categorically turned down so then he slashes everything then has the audacity to state that these so called pay deals have nothing to do with the National Living Wage.
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

surlaroute

Pathfinder

Local Tsco in Cardiff also closed during taking in deliveries or when one on one and other staff goes on break and leaves store for break

JL

Quote from: surlaroute on 29-08-18, 02:57AM
well would you look at that https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/tesco-express-store-whiteladies-road-1946244  :D

Please read VLH Supporter Benefits

"No staff" this reminds me of when I was leaving and many of the good workers had moved department. We were left with an clueless manager trying to work his department with clueless staff. Those who new a bit kept getting taken off own tasks to help newbies. End result whole place looked as if there had been no staff. The managers didn't even make an effort to get our place staffed. The flexi workers could f the whole store up by not offering to do ot because they knew there was few FT staff and those on 1,2 and 3 shifts would jumpship at first opportunity.

notsofunny

Quote from: Pathfinder on 29-08-18, 07:47AM
Local Tsco in Cardiff also closed during taking in deliveries or when one on one and other staff goes on break and leaves store for break

Seems the store management need a talking to , Have not seen that happen for years in any Express , I cant understand why they closed the store its been spelt out to them that the deliveries have to wait  ???
Quote from: GreenGrocer on 29-08-18, 11:31AM
Quote from: surlaroute on 29-08-18, 02:57AM
well would you look at that https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/tesco-express-store-whiteladies-road-1946244  :D

Please read VLH Supporter Benefits

"No staff" this reminds me of when I was leaving and many of the good workers had moved department. We were left with an clueless manager trying to work his department with clueless staff. Those who new a bit kept getting taken off own tasks to help newbies. End result whole place looked as if there had been no staff. The managers didn't even make an effort to get our place staffed. The flexi workers could f the whole store up by not offering to do ot because they knew there was few FT staff and those on 1,2 and 3 shifts would jumpship at first opportunity.

You seem to have had every problem going in the store you worked never heard so many horror story's coming out of one store before , Hopefully things will get better since you are gone  8-) Best of luck in your new Job  :thumbup:

Nomad

[admin]Sunday premium down to time and a quarter.[/admin]
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

fatboy

surlaroute

Sorry I figured that store closing was pretty closely related to the subject of this thread cos I imagine its indicative of where this is headed.

Nomad

surlaroute it could be considered to be so which is why a few posts were left untouched, the dilemma is that the thread can morph into matters which have nothing to do with the subject and therefore will not be found by persons browsing the forum by subject title.

All of which is why we try to encourage members to become supporters so they can do a search and if necessary start a new topic, store closed due to lack of staff

fatboy, I do believe this thread is approaching the end of its life, watch this space  :-\ 
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

FunkSoulBrother

Colleagues at dot.com Greenford collected 200 signatures to express discontent with the pay deal and ask to have a vote in future

fatboy

What difference do you think 200 signatures will make?!

FunkSoulBrother

If you have better proposals, let us hear. I don't know about the situation at your place, but in our depot the 1,400 odd people often don't know each other that much. For the colleagues to collect signatures was a first step to face each other and say, yes, we don't like it and we do something about it - however small a step collecting signatures might seem. You have to start s9mewhere. No illusions about the impact, but it is a sign to the union big shots that they might lose more members or won't win new ones. But again, what would you do or what have you done?

fatboy

I don't have any other proposals because whatever you do it won't work. 200 signatures is just a waste of time.

forrestgimp

Quote from: fatboy on 02-09-18, 10:15AM
I don't have any other proposals because whatever you do it won't work. 200 signatures is just a waste of time.

Blimey if left to the likes of you we would still be in workhouses because 'Its a waste of time'

have a read of this, Its what 200 people can do.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jarrow_March

OvaSees

@FunkSoulBrother I applaud you, good luck, sounds like a well reasoned case rather than a gripe, and a positive step at that.

Lyneelou

Hi I got paid support pay on the 27th of July and my last working day after 30 years service was the 29th.I received nothing on the 24th of August and on looking online at my wage slip see they had took the money back out of my wages and leavers pay leaving me with zero. I was also told we get paid in advance.Anybody shed some light please

londoner83

You are paid in arrears and also are likely to be owed holiday pay for the year you started due to the system that existed at that time.

terra

You are not paid in arrears you are paid up to date. When you are paid the pay is up to th Saturday after payday. You look like you had enough service to have been on the old accrued holiday scheme, the only way you would have come off it is if you took maternity leave as some time ago when you went onto maternity leave and where on the accured holiday scheme you paid for the holidays you had accrued and when you returned you went onto the current holiday scheme, that was stopped due to maternity legislation changes. You should query it with payroll

Lyneelou

Thanks for your replies it seems my wages person is trying to have me over or doesn't know what she is doing

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk