News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu

USDAW

Started by Faceandgo, 09-09-09, 05:31AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faceandgo

take two cages onto the shop floor? not me i just faceandgo!(Administrator)

Time is too slow for those who wait
Too swift for those who fear
Too long for those who grieve  Too short for those who rejoice  But for those who love, Time is eternity.   -Henry Van Dyke

FunkSoulBrother

yo, dunno if this is the right place to post this, but this website has a fairly good daily summary of union news. most of the stuff is pretty general and official, you don't get a real sense of what is happening on the ground - but the information might still be useful. stay tuned...
http://labourstart.org

Riskhedger

Does USDAW work for Tesco? I am very confused of its independence!

FatFraz

Has anyone else heard about a strike coming?

Equalizer87

Strike??? Not by USDAW for sure.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

londoner83

Thought USDAW had a no strike agreement with Tesco.

FatFraz

londoner83

I can't find any agreement.

Equalizer87

They probably have on some official document somewhere in the "small print section".

But just look back at everything that's happened, where has USDAW actually been?? All the redundancy, changes to contracts etc,  they have simply fallen into line with what Tesco have wanted.

Any Union that gives away it's ability to strike (which I do believe USDAW has) cannot be doing anything in the best interests of its members.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

JL

The snow strike is going ahead tomorrow morning.   :)

darklighter

Precisely, Equaliser, USDAW are toothless apart from making sure Tesco follow employment law and health and safety, etc.
Other than that which they are legally obliged to support they will lie down and take it up the backside for Tesco at the expense of their workers.
Ditch your subs and save yourself some money.

billandben

The strike was going to be with Scotmeat not Tesco. 80% of Scotmeat USDAW members voted for strike over wages and still USDAW are are just going to talk not take action

Welsh-Hugh

Usdaw can strike. Distribution especially can go out on strike. However it's the members who must vote. The union are only as strong as members. Not sure what store process is

Sillysod

I had a laugh the other day, I got an email from Usdaw saying they don't want to see people's working rights being worse off after Brexit ! what a joke considering what they have done to Tesco employees !

Welsh-Hugh

At end of day if companies want to make changes they will.
If companies make bad decisions workers pay price. Look at Carillon and those GMB members jobs sailing down the river

FatFraz

Sometimes the changes at Tesco are not for the better though. Like the cap shelf's only being used for promo stock. This will create warehouse you can't get moving in and waste alot of time moving cages in and out and turning them upside down to fill one out of stock.

Welsh-Hugh

Agree. Most decision Tesco make are totally wrong. Companies been streamlined to core for all the wrong reasons. Good people gone. A lot of bad (not all) left. What we are left with is a hierarchy who make crazy decisions but as long as they get their golden pay and inflated bonus they could not care less about the people below them. Yes union can raise voice more but if companies want to do things on the whole they will. L

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk