News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 01:10PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 7
Guests: 271
Total: 278

Loop

Started by Nomad, 16-09-21, 10:27AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

Three Leicestershire branches of Tesco are taking part in a new scheme to recycle containers and cut food waste.

Apart from doing the 'right' thing there seems no saving in it for the customer, except for lending your money to a company for up to 6 days (how much, dependant on how many deposits you pay).

How exactly does it save food waste ?

The more senior citizens may like to use it, however they are more likely to be the group who do not have mobile phones or perhaps intentionally or otherwise leave them at home when popping to a shop.

Why do I feel this is not going to take off in any sufficient numbers. 
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

grim up north

They used to do a refundable drinks container at sports grounds, and made it as difficult as possible to return it for your deposit at the end of the day

penguin

Taking empty bottles back to the shop seen as something new, meanwhile many years ago my brother and I would be sent once a week to the local off licence to return empty beer and pop bottles, we were the lucky ones as we got to keep the small amount of money the shop keeper gave for them, most kids had to take it back home.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Nomad

https://fooddigital.com/retail/food-retail-store-tesco-launches-zero-waste-trial

QuoteFor some customers, such as those with young children, mobility issues, or on a time budget, this could be inconvenient.

For those with germ phobias, it could cause anxiety.

or those without a smart phone.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk