News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 03:54PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 318
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 292
Total: 295

Office staff and people partners

Started by candysue, 26-08-21, 11:15PM

Previous topic - Next topic

candysue

Heard today from an Usdaw rep that there is a cull of office staff and people partners on the agenda, anyone else heard about it?

forrestgimp

They have been talking about regional people partners on here for a couple of weeks but not office staff.

jester21

Sorry Admin I cant remember how to start a Forum, ...........

[admin]Starting new topics is one of the extra functions given to those who kindly donate to support VLH, another extra is the ability to 'search' for a suitable existing topic for their question. Please read VLH Supporter Benefits[/admin]

Poolboy77

Hi, whilst I can see a thread on people partners can't see a thread on office staff ? Do we know any details about this ? 

kaled78

office staff as in wages clerks?,seems inevitable with work and pay being the way forward

PeteonMeat

I have also heard that there will be one people partner per group

beentheredoneit

Congratulations to all the People Partners being given generous redundancy packages.
If only the Team Managers and Team Support had been treated so well .....

Bitter - you bet!
beentheredoneit

lucgeo

People partners being given redundancy again??

They got it last time round...loads took it, as they saw how the land lay...the ones who stayed only got the position as no others wanted it...hell my new PP couldn't even compose an email without the help of their spouse, who happened to be an GSM of another nearby Tesco SS!!

The area PP took redundancy first time round, then returned after the 6 months...on a good salary again!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

BUY TESLA STOCK

Saw one of the poster managers the other day in a 2020 Range Rover, the money can't be bad.

Mark calloway

NightAndDay

Something akin to a HR Manager but not qualified enough to be called that. In Retail they're an added layer of useless bureaucracy.

Mark calloway

I don't think I've ever seen ours,in fact I don't even know their name.

forrestgimp

No one has mate they are not here to help shop floor people just to make sure Tesco are abusing us semi legally.

horatiocain

In theory people partners are there to advise managers in doing their jobs properly.

In reality of Tesco they're useless idiots who wouldn't know a legal statute if you hit them over the head with legal dictionary.
The last time I dealt with a regional people partner they didn't know that there was such a thing as custom and practice, explaining it was like teaching physics to chickens, I've never met a more useless bunch of idiots in my life, and I work in a tesco CFC do that goes some.

Nomad

"like teaching physics to chickens" love it  ;D  ;D
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk