News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:06AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 278
Total: 282

Combining trays

Started by Orangutan, 18-05-21, 10:21AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orangutan

What are your stores policies on combining trays?

We have recently been told that we are no longer able to combine trays even if there is only one item in them.

gomezz

Bit tricky when you have 16 trays of frozen to load all for different customers.  But that is really a different issue - Find an early delivery with one or two items and put them on the sill of the compartment - before could bag them and tie to the racking but no bags now of course.

I never condense trays when loading for another driver.  When loading for myself I will try and condense to avoid loading on the top row as it is above my shoulder height when unloading roadside and against HSE guidelines so that overrides company policy for me.

It is one thing condensing for yourself.  If you make a mistake you only have yourself to blame.  If someone else condenses for you then it is not possible to do a proper tray count before leaving (unless they make sure the doubled labels are on the outer tray and / or mark up the loading sheet to say what they have done) and if becomes a pain and a time-waster to sort it out on the road even if a customer notices and tells you something is missing or is extra.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

sonic8610

Our drivers do it, but unlike many of them if they do load another run, I will only condense my runs - if possible or needed.

Villager No.6

Quote from: gomezz on 18-05-21, 10:51AM
I never condense trays when loading for another driver.  When loading for myself I will try and condense to avoid loading on the top row as it is above my shoulder height when unloading roadside and against HSE guidelines so that overrides company policy for me.

I do the same but when caught condensing for myself, I'm told "That's what the side step is for"

We're told to never condense but as you've said when you have 16 frozen or 31 chilled it's suddenly ok.

gomezz

How do you use your hands to provide the recommended third point of contact while stepping up on or down from the side-step whilst holding a tray?   8-)
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Villager No.6

forrestgimp

Quote from: Villager No.6 on 19-05-21, 08:56PM

I do the same but when caught condensing for myself, I'm told "That's what the side step is for"

We're told to never condense but as you've said when you have 16 frozen or 31 chilled it's suddenly ok.

Do you never repeat back to them what they tell you when it suits? I do it all the time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk