Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

20-06-21, 09:56AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 52107
  • Total Topics: 1048
  • Online Today: 63
  • Online Ever: 660
  • (06-06-21, 01:57AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 42
Total: 45

Author Topic: Substitute days  (Read 1340 times)

dfl

• VLH Supporter
  • Know All
Substitute days
« on: 06-05-21, 02:21PM »
This years christmas day and boxing day fall on a saturday and sunday therefore if im correct there is 2 substitute days of monday and tuesday for them, my normal days off are already saturday and sunday, so does this mean i should not be using 2 of my bank holidays for the saturday and sunday and should still get the monday tuesday instead, im sure last year there was one day like this and i got told 1 of my bank holidays needed to be used at the weekend when im not normally working, unfair ?
DFL

Rad

• Smart Arse
Re: Substitute days
« Reply #1 on: 06-05-21, 02:40PM »
There is already a thread on this

As far as I know it's not been fully announced yet.  There's 2 separate issues I believe to be resolved.

1.  Firstly the boxing day bank holiday will be on the Monday.  The initial communication when this was announced was that the monday would become the bank holiday monday and that if colleagues who were scheduled to work the Sunday (Boxing day) they can request the day off like a normal day.  This suggests that it may not being treated the way it has been 7 years ago where colleagues were given the choice of working Boxing day, eg use hol, bh, day off, unpaid etc.  The initial comms suggest that if x amount of colleagues were to book a holiday then it could potentially get filled up and requests denied.  Im sure this is an oversight and will be rectified prior to the xmas working arrangements meeting in October.

2.  The issue you are talking about, I am not sure if this substitute day thing is still a thing for colleagues on fixed rotas.   I asked the question on the other thread but Im unsure if it was answered.  Where does the line get drawn for 2,3,4 or 5 day workers for substitute days?

Davethebave

Re: Substitute days
« Reply #2 on: 06-05-21, 02:45PM »
Your BHs won’t be used for the Saturday and Sunday since you are already off. You will get to book these two days elsewhere.