News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 02:56PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 285
Total: 288

Crazy holiday rules ?

Started by dfl, 06-05-21, 09:59AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dfl

I put in for a weeks holidays (dotcom driver), one of the days i was told couldnt have it as too many off, but then further informed if manager was able to have that day covered i could have it as unpaid, i thought why if the manager manages to get cover should i have to have it unpaid instead of using up one of my many remaining holiday days.

I was informed its due to the amount of overtime/system limiting holiday numbers off, in my honest opinion just red tape and yet they are on our case to use or holidays up or have them allocated.

Crazy situation ?
DFL

lordadmiral

You need shift swap. Someone will come to work to cover your hours and in return you come to work other day to cover theirs.
No one will loose on pay. Manager must make sure exceptions are coded corectly.

spike_pkh

I would say opposite of a crazy situation. The overtime bills in stores are tight at the moment. So if they are paying overtime to someone else to do your shift then that money needs to come from somewhere. In this case from you taking it unpaid.

You should be grateful that the manager has offered this solution. They could easily have just left it at "there is too many off for you to take this holiday" but instead are looking for a solution for you to still be able to take the time off.

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill

Batmanjo

Quote from: dfl on 06-05-21, 09:59AM
I put in for a weeks holidays (dotcom driver), one of the days i was told couldnt have it as too many off, but then further informed if manager was able to have that day covered i could have it as unpaid, i thought why if the manager manages to get cover should i have to have it unpaid instead of using up one of my many remaining holiday days.

I was informed its due to the amount of overtime/system limiting holiday numbers off, in my honest opinion just red tape and yet they are on our case to use or holidays up or have them allocated.

Crazy situation ?
Sounds like your manager is just being awkward nothing unusual when most managers can just about tie their own shoelaces if the shoe was on the other foot and it was their holidays would be a different story, either way unpaid or holiday the person who covers your shift will have been paid.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk