News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 02:53PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 301
Total: 303

Management restructure

Started by beentheredoneit, 03-03-21, 11:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newdawnrising

What team managers are other stores going to have. Wondering how they vary. We are a large superstore. We are having four shift leaders. And four team managers that are to be stock and admin inc cash and security. Ambient inc grocery, wh, h&b, frozen, bws, gm, f&f. And a Fresh manager.

forrestgimp

What are the others going to do, the ones they dont want but are leaving in place?

Davethebave

They will be transferred over to generic team manager and given a split of the headcount until such times as they decide to leave.

Will managers have a choice as to what area they are going to be over now? Will they have to be applied for in each store?

Nomad

Being removed from a role and left in limbo is I believe grounds for constructive dismissal, even while continuing to work for company under protest.

Legal advise should be sought.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Morris999

If each store had the correct amount of managers before the structure change, then they just carryon as before until one or more leave.
It's at that point the departments start to be split between the remaining managers until the store reaches the required amount.
If a store had manager vacancies before the structure change they it's the same as above when one or more managers leave.

No manager is left in limbo, there's a very specific structure for each store to follow depending on where each store is currently compared to where it needs to be.
All of this should have been explained in the meetings the managers had.
Detailing how the managers responsibilities would be spilt between them as the store had managers leave.

Let's be honest here, again managers have come out of this structure change with little to no impact to them in the immediate future compared to the Team Support.
And again Managers who actually paid attention to what the company has been doing in other formats have seen this coming for a few years, and have had plenty of time to prepare for it.

I know that in my store, unless the company offer redundancy then the likely hood of the store ever actually fully implementing the new structure in the next 10 years is very minimal.
And most likely will still not have achieved it when the next manager restructure comes along.
And I know that's the case for a few other stores on my group as well.

Albert

Quote from: Fringegirl on 07-04-21, 06:20PM
Not a thing! It's been 10 days since I refused the process. Our store manager doesn't  know any more than us! We both have emailed our people partner and still waiting on a reply?! If nothing happens by 12th our store manager has said we will continue as Team Support and will be paid our skills payment
Have you heard anything at all this week Fringegirl? Other T/S who agreed to change to off till have signed new contract, the rest haven't been told a thing.

Fringegirl

Quote from: Albert on 18-04-21, 07:06PM
Not a thing! It's been 10 days since I refused the process. Our store manager doesn't  know any more than us! We both have emailed our people partner and still waiting on a reply?! If nothing happens by 12th our store manager has said we will continue as Team Support and will be paid our skills payment
Have you heard anything at all this week Fringegirl? Other T/S who agreed to change to off till have signed new contract, the rest haven't been told a thing.

Still not heard a thing! One colleague agreed to the changed and has taken the lump sum and has signed the contract to be off till. Meanwhile we're still being paid Team Support pay. Our People partner and store manager hasn't heard anything either!

whatajoke2019

Haven't heard what's happening in our store either other than we're not getting any Shift Leaders whatsoever  ???.

The only real change I've noticed is that the TMs have gotten even lazier... guess they missed the part of their Role Pack which states they shouldn't be hiding in offices unless it's to complete things like paperwork/confidential meetings  :D.

Albert

So looks like union has lead us on and are doing nothing to help Team Support in small stores. Being offered hours on checkouts rather than off til but thats the only difference. No redundancy, no negotiation, take it or leave. Membership cancelled......

candysue

It is so very wrong how they have done this to the team supports and I get the feeling that by getting away with this they will try something similar with wage clerks once all the stores are on work and pay. Regarding the TM's they have even more excuse to be in the office now if their store is already on work and pay busy putting holidays etc into the system for their team. I'm a wage clerk and have to watch my job bit by bit being given to the managers- totally deflating to us when over the years most of us have passionately put our very best into the job

Fringegirl

Quote from: Fringegirl on 18-04-21, 08:51PM
Quote from: Albert on 18-04-21, 07:06PM
Still not heard a thing! One colleague agreed to the changed and has taken the lump sum and has signed the contract to be off till. Meanwhile we're still being paid Team Support pay. Our People partner and store manager hasn't heard anything either!

I've heard today that store managers have received communication saying they need to have meetings with us one to one this week. And try to 'convince' us to sign for Off till activity the deadline is 17th of May

adamlad

that's exact what I have been told. Apparently however they will enforce the change eventually just that they want to give us another chance to agree. As TEsco have classified this as a minor change they don't actually need consent to make this change according to them. 

Albert

All gone very quiet again, any updates on Team Support roles?

streaker

Any update on managers, not prepared to accept the change??
Waiting in limbo??, thought whole process was over by 31 March, now told 16 may.
Why change of date.

Redshoes

I thought it was only happening in stores that had head count low enough to move to new structure.

streaker

I have been told I have to except the role, yes our store will see a huge reduction of managers, which will take years.
It's the fact that I have to accept the change bugs me.

beentheredoneit

do not Have to accept. its a soft change.
beentheredoneit

Goldielocks

Have they said what happens if you don't sign

Redshoes

My guess is you will stay as you are but in time and as things change with people going and new jobs being advertised you will not be in a position to go for them, you will be stuck in a rut. Jobs being advertised may be a while off but that means you are stuck in limbo for a long time. As future structure changes come in for colleagues you may be left out of this process as you will be asking colleagues to accept changes in roles but have refused to do so yourself. You also have a load of people coming up behind you coming off options that would jump at the chance to take on the role you have refused.
On the other side, it is soft structure so can't be forced. You don't have to sign.

forrestgimp

When I first started decades ago in a brand new store everyone that was not a manager was new to the company, inside 6 months there was at least 5 promoted to management through options.

Now I look and people are doing options for years on end with no end and no sign off in sight.

Its brain washing.....Come to the open night we think you have potential. Oh yea start doing your pre options checklist (a euphemism for do what we say when we say or we wont even send you for sign on)

If you get to sign on and that not guaranteed you get sent to another store to slave away expected to do 12 hour days travel 1.5 hours there and the same home run a department and stuff all for no extra money.

Then sign off and low and behold.....there are no jobs to apply for.

Goldielocks

It's not the role I object to as I think it would work it's the fact they think it's a minor change and therefore requires no additional pay and the amount of minor changes made to rolls that they think is ok to keep doing. Eg GM manager 25k clothing manager 25k ok to combine rolls for 25k saving 25k you would keep the best if you pay the best. Lead the same combine two rolls currently pay the same as one how can they say both changes are minor.
Store managers don't even think changes are small and roll will now bigger than old deputy roll (if you been around that long) and they got paid over 50k most of them. Also if they had ask the opinion of anyone instores they would tell which rolls could of been combined. Instead we got someone who has probably never done any of these jobs in reality any does not know how difficult they are.

fatboy

Think you may find the word you are looking for is 'role'  ;D

Redshoes

First change I ever saw with the company when when the manager role was called "controller". After that it was called "section manager" then I think "line manager" and now to "team manager". In the past the managers have had to interview and apply for jobs, top score gives first pick of jobs.
This is a soft structure. Minor changes now but huge changes that were withdrawn. The biggest change is that you become just a "team manager" with an accountable area. That area can change. Saying that they are not likely to swap the checkout and grocery managers about as the roles, skills and experience is so very different.
Colleagues are now all "customer assistants" and not tied to any given area. The reality is that they do have given areas in which to work but are moved from time to time to help with an extra big delivery or support if there is a sick call. The colleagues have had to accept these changes, managers have had to talk positive about it and accept that is the way things are going. Mangers tell colleagues "it's the needs of the business" and "the heap map shows we are over hours".
The roles will always evolve, for both managers and colleagues. Some of it is fair and some not. We have a team manager with 45 colleagues and a team manager with 9. Both full time, both on same pay (if scored the same during review) but both accepted and would not change. They were going to split things up so that everybody had same head count but that was revoked very quickly. Grocery is a big area to run but a lower head count than checkouts for example and giving the grocery manager self service to run would have only caused problems for the checkout manger even though they would have a smaller head count.

NightAndDay

You forgot to mention the reduction in number of lead and team manager positions with the introduction of Shift Leader positions in the superstore formats.

BUY TESLA STOCK

Biggest change is having working supervisors.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk