News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 08:51AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,129
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 454
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 436
Total: 440

Management restructure

Started by beentheredoneit, 03-03-21, 11:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightAndDay

By the time they force it to happen many years down the line, they could also very well see their redundancy payout bill being higher than if they did it now because of the additional years in service.

Cinderella

I'm still really mad at them over the way they messed up in my store. Telling me how little work-life balance the job will have, that shifts will be even longer, and giving me the option to turn it down, only to tell me they made a mistake and that I have no choice but to take it. Not even an apology for messing up and causing so much stress! I don't know how much of what they said in my weekly meetings was even true. What else could they have got wrong?!

Sunbeam

Fringegirl

Not a thing! It's been 10 days since I refused the process. Our store manager doesn't  know any more than us! We both have emailed our people partner and still waiting on a reply?! If nothing happens by 12th our store manager has said we will continue as Team Support and will be paid our skills payment

Sunbeam

Thanks for your reply Fringegirl, let us know what happens,

beentheredoneit

a  nearby extra sm has not disclosed to his team managers what the store structure should be - they are all convinced he will just try and performance manage them out of the business until he has the right numbers .... must make for a great working environment ....
beentheredoneit

VladPutin

Anyone been issued the new metal badges? They are a perfect example of what is wrong with Tesco management.

First, they do nothing except repeat the phrase, "Here to Help", which is already on staff's personal badges. Second, and more importantly under the current circumstances, they are very small. So small, in fact, that any customer who can read them is either already breaking social distancing, or has the eyesight of  Royal Marine sniper. It's difficult enough to get the idiots to respect the 2 metre distance rule, without giving them another reason to get too close.

A manager, or more likely a group of managers, was paid to design these completely useless items. Much more was spent on having them manufactured and rolled out to various stores.

Tesco has far too many managers engaged is pointless or even counterproductive, "work" likes the new badges, Tesco Radio etc. It's time for Tesco to bite the bullet,

"Sorry, but your services, such as they are, will no longer be required. Here's you're redundancy payment. Good bye, good luck, good riddance".

But of course, that would mean the board spending money on something that might effect their own bonuses. So that's not going to happen. 8-)

spike_pkh

Quote from: beentheredoneit on 08-04-21, 08:43PM
a  nearby extra sm has not disclosed to his team managers what the store structure should be - they are all convinced he will just try and performance manage them out of the business until he has the right numbers .... must make for a great working environment ....

The store manager would be a fool to performance manage anyone out of the business as the longer he can keep his managers the more he will have. As they leave through performance manage, movement or otherwise they won't be replaced

spike_pkh

Managers don't design or create the badges   :D  some design team in head office would have created them

Badges should be gotten rid of completely. There is no need for any customer to ever know a staff members name.

VladPutin

Senior managers at head office would have come up with the idea of new badges in the first place. And sign off on the design(which shows exactly how much experience they have of real work in a store 8-)). And those so-called managers need to lose their non-jobs.

Nomad

[admin]Topic: Management restructure 2021, not new badges.[/admin]
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

beentheredoneit

SMs will be under pressure to achieve big 6 targets - affects their bonus. So will do whatever they feel necessary to reduce wages bill.
beentheredoneit

fscer

Lets just the SM has ordered alot of Lets talk pads.

beahead

Seems  to.me there is a whole team at head office , dedicated  to picking shop staff off, we are not even numbers , just erasable  dots on a graph , how about a team dedicated  to saving the shop staff, we are just considered plebs , not even worthy of a decent canteen , how they must laugh at us , while dining in there restaurant .

Davethebave

Store managers will be tasked with getting as close to the new structure as they can, via natural wastage or SYP. Some managers need managed out, however there are lots of good ones who will suffer and lose out because they aren't part of "the club" and actually do what's right for colleagues

whatajoke2019

And the decent ones, who will suffer, must be wondering why there are Team Manager vacancies online being advertised when they are being told "there's the door, use it!"  ???

Convenient, isn't it, that they've announced some changes on Our Te5c0 today which I can only imagine warrants taking the axe at those of us on the shop floor so they can feather their nests!  :thumbdown:

Albert

Team Support - small stores
Is new role starting tomorrow or are we in limbo? No communication from SM or PM as to whether we are now Off Till (9.30ph) or Team Support (11.16ph) this week, although scheduled on flexy shifts rather than contracted shifts as per brief.
Be good to know, communication is disgusting and SM is now on holiday for a week.

Davethebave

I'd say from Monday morning you will be off till activity

Fringegirl

Our People partner finally emailed back yesterday to say she's heard no news and when she does she will let me know. But she's on holiday for the next week, so I think it's going to be no time soon. So as of tomorrow I am still classed as Checkout Team Support and will continue on the same job code and pay.

Nomad

It's a good job this company does not hold parties in a brewery  :D
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Buster99

My role as a driver team support ended on the 31st of March, I had 1 meeting when it all started and that's it nothing since except sorting some driving hours out which has been a pain as they're interested that my partner works full time and have 2 kids to work around, I'm still doing my team leader hours but generally just pottering around until there is a van to do either at night or morning, can't wait till this whole process is over, I feel the loyalty I had for Tesco and the whole store isn't what it used to be.  The place has definitely gone down hill but I guess I'm locked in for 18 months now, I haven't been told the figure I will be getting yet either, probably won't even be worth it after the tax and my student loan come off it.

VladPutin

Quote from: Nomad on 11-04-21, 12:25PM
It's a good job this company does not hold parties in a brewery  :D

Or in a, ahem, "house of negotiable affection" ;)

spike_pkh

Quote from: beentheredoneit on 09-04-21, 05:49PM
SMs will be under pressure to achieve big 6 targets - affects their bonus. So will do whatever they feel necessary to reduce wages bill.

I believe (and someone else can clarify if correct) that manager wages dont effect wage bill light on big 6

Davethebave

Managers pay is a different budget but will still effect the stores big 6 light. Any managers not in current store will have the cost transferred from home store to host store at the end of a period

VladPutin

I don't know what managers are whining about. They're not losing their jobs, or taking a cut in wages. Suck it up, buttercups. >:D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk