News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:59AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

Pay dates?

Started by Unknown, 14-11-20, 08:25AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BUY TESLA STOCK

karaokequeen

National minimum wage is £8.91 and that is the new starter rate for first 3 months then it goes up to £9.55

Rosst

Just started tesco myself, induction day next week then straight in on 2nd December. Will I be paid before Christmas anyone know.

lordadmiral

10th December is pay day but you will get money for days up and including Sunday 5th Dec.
Then next pay day is 7th January.
No chance for extra pay just before Xmas to make final shopping. But you will get free chocolate selection.

Nomad

So is the text at the top of the pay dates chart on VLH incorrect ?
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

person7

Quote from: lordadmiral on 21-11-21, 01:52PM
10th December is pay day but you will get money for days up and including Sunday 5th Dec.
Then next pay day is 7th January.
No chance for extra pay just before Xmas to make final shopping. But you will get free chocolate selection.

Free chocolate selection? 🤔 I've Never had any free chocolate for past 3 years

gomezz

Is that a free selection between the last chocolate left in the box that no-one else wants and nothing?
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

ROM99

When did the cut off date change from the last Thursday before payday to the Saturday after payday? I have recently left and feel like i have been paid wrong because of it

eversor

cut off changed with the new system, HRAM uses Thursday as the cut off; work and pay cuts off on Saturday.

ROM99

Quote from: eversor on 22-12-21, 04:56PM
cut off changed with the new system, HRAM uses Thursday as the cut off; work and pay cuts off on Saturday.

Thanks. When the cut off date changed over then, am I right in thinking i should of got a bigger wage than usual? (The days worked between the Thursday before payday and the Saturday after payday)

eversor

It's only overtime that changed, contract hours are still the same, and it's only overtime that has been pre-booked, depending on what overtime you did for those 3 days could have made a slightly bigger pay, but that's only if your store is organised enough to pre-book the holiday otherwise it would still be in the next pay.

The date it changed would be dependant on when your store changed system, if you access your payslip through payslipview.com and always has then it means your store won't have swapped over, otherwise it'll be when you started using work and pay to check your payslip

ROM99

[mod]Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).[/mod]

My store changed to work and pay around August/September time I think it was.  I did my last shift 2 weeks after pay day so I expected 3 weeks worth of pay (if the cut off date was the Thursday before payday). However I only received 2 weeks worth of pay, my old boss doesn't understand it either and when he has been in touch with colleague help they just tell him I was only owed 2 weeks wages.

If the cut off date had changed somewhere from Thursday the week before payday to the Saturday after payday then am I owed an extra week somewhere? Baffled

eversor

that's only for overtime, contract shifts on both systems are until the Saturday after payday. Don't ask me why they don't pay the same cutoff for overtime as contract shifts, that's just Tesco making it more complicated than it has to be. So for example I'll take the September pay date.

Pay date - 17th September
Contract shifts paid - 22 August to 18th September
Overtime shifts paid - 15 August to 11th September

mama_bear2006

I had my induction on 18th of March, worked a full shift on 19th of March.

I was in work last night (25th) and will be again tonight (26th) will I get paid all of this on 1st of April or have I missed the cut off for the hours I have worked this week?

Morris999

Will depend on a few things

1. Which payroll system your store is on
2. Whether those dates are contracted or overtime shifts
3. If Store is on Work & Pay, which date they sign off payroll on cutoff weekend
4. If your manager has done their job and either put you on system or signed off exceptions, depending on which payroll system your store in on.

Either way the 18th & 19th will definitely be paid

mama_bear2006

Thank you for replying.

I'm on the system - I can see all my bank details etc on Our Tesco when I log in.

The hours I've worked are all contracted - not overtime.

When I log in I can see the store is on Work and Pay. I'm not sure which payroll system we are on though.

Morris999

If they are contracted shifts, then yes you'll be paid for them regardless of which system your store is on and which cut off day they use.

mama_bear2006

When do payslips normally show? I've logged into my account and have no payslips available.

jgerry

You have to login to OurTesco and go to work and pay

mama_bear2006

I have but it just says no payslips available. I started on 18th of March so wondering if I won't get paid until the next pay day instead of this weeks one?

jgerry

You'll be able to view it tomorrow

mama_bear2006

Quote from: jgerry on 30-03-22, 06:25PM
You'll be able to view it tomorrow

Thank you

jgerry

You're very welcome

essexguy

hi in relation to our wage slip and with regards to overtime rates when does someone receive 1.5 plus 33% as opposed to just 1.5 when working overtime?

barafear

Are you sure you're talking about Tesco?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk