Any rumours on Magor redundancies ?

Started by JackGough, 24-06-20, 10:11PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackGough

Magor Distribution Depot have employed so many younger people lately and are training them on other jobs, instead of first going picking for months first.. some of them, even before they receive their contract.
They would love to get rid of those on the old contracts. Does anyone think there would be voluntary redundancies at Magor again ?

JackGough

Rumours have surfaced once again at Magor. This time it's not a general one to cover all, because Magor is finding it very difficult to hold on to its newly trained personnel. This rumours relates to the few people whose job is tipping and checking every single day. I think there's only about 6 or 7 of them in the whole distribution network..With reduced checks coming in on every load, their job will be redundant, so they'll have to be offered redundancy..

belfast driver

Just heard today all legacy warehouse, security and clerical staff have been offered redundancy in both Belfast and Antrim sites. Unfortunately drivers are excluded from this offer.
Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.

Jacks

Quote from: belfast driver on 15-01-24, 08:12PMJust heard today all legacy warehouse, security and clerical staff have been offered redundancy in both Belfast and Antrim sites. Unfortunately drivers are excluded from this offer.
What next for stores? Opening hours have been reviewed. When there is one change it has a knock on in the food chain.

grim up north

Quote from: belfast driver on 15-01-24, 08:12PMJust heard today all legacy warehouse, security and clerical staff have been offered redundancy in both Belfast and Antrim sites. Unfortunately drivers are excluded from this offer.
It's not redundancy is it?

ImBackBaby

Legacy drivers were offered a contract buy out during the 2022 contract discussion's and none took the offer up. So it looks like they are going to let the legacy run its course as there is plenty coming up on retirement and for the ones that are left it wont cost them that much to keep them as are.

hesketh

The 2022 offer was never really aimed at the Legacy Contracts. The aim was to tidy up the multiple similar contracts in existence at some depots.

My offer was around £24k, which was one of the largest, but still way too low to even consider. A tax free £100k would have been the minimum credible offer.

There aren't enough Legacy drivers (and the actual difference is not really large enough) to make us a priority. Tesco's main motivation to get rid of the Legacy contracts is the extra administration work. There are very few managers and  wage clerks left who understand the contract, resulting in many retrospective queries and corrections
Don't take life too seriously, no one has ever gotten out alive!

dilligaf

Antrim/Belfast have been offered voluntary redundancy for legacy contracts.... If you don't take the offer, you stay of your present contract with no change....

hesketh

This has been rolled out to all Legacy depots now. Warehouse and clerical only, not drivers...
Don't take life too seriously, no one has ever gotten out alive!

belfast driver

It's only a matter of time until the legacy drivers get an offer. They want everyone on the 2022 contract.

grim up north

Will someone confirm it's not a redundancy offer please

Zx81

Quote from: hesketh on 17-01-24, 11:21AMThis has been rolled out to all Legacy depots now. Warehouse and clerical only, not drivers...
[/quote I've been told it's been withdrawn from my site.

Billy Budd

Livingston has been offered the deal too...

Ursus

In Hinckley warehouse old contracts received Voluntary Severance Offer. We can stay on old contracts but for how long? May Tesco forced us to change contracts without any bonus? Some people would stay, but they afraid will be forced to change their contract or reduced in some other way.

grim up north

If they could change your contract that easily, why offer you a pay off?

belfast driver

Tesco don't want the bad publicity so easier for them to offer redundancy. Personally I think any who refuses This offer is mad as they could come back in a few months and force workers onto the new contract.

Happyshopper

Quote from: belfast driver on 18-01-24, 08:44PMTesco don't want the bad publicity so easier for them to offer redundancy. Personally I think any who refuses This offer is mad as they could come back in a few months and force workers onto the new contract.
Totally agree remember when they got rid of the deputy mangers in express. The area manager told my deputy to take redundancy and in 6 months call them and they will give them a job as a SL in their group. After 6 months got there job back with redundancy pay

Mickymouse1962

Was told its contracts from mid 80s wonder when till

Ursus

These are contracts from before 2010, in the letter they write that they do not plan to submit another offer. Two years ago, they offered small money for switching to a new contract, but no one took advantage of it.Some people claim that if there are few people left on the old contracts, Tesco will be able to force them to change the contract more easily.

Mickymouse1962

I started 1995 so that would be me then security

grim up north

Quote from: Ursus on 19-01-24, 02:43PMThese are contracts from before 2010, in the letter they write that they do not plan to submit another offer. Two years ago, they offered small money for switching to a new contract, but no one took advantage of it.Some people claim that if there are few people left on the old contracts, Tesco will be able to force them to change the contract more easily.
I've been in many meetings/pay talks. Every time they say they won't give another/better offer. Yet more often than not they do. Who knows if this time they really mean it. What else could they offer that is better further down the line?

Ursus

Some people would prefer to change the contract and stay with Tesco, but not for free. And there is no such offer now. You can stay on the old contract or change to a new one, but for free.

Mickymouse1962

Wait and see what I get offered

Mickymouse1962

Sherwoodforest

@mickeymouse1962 you work in a depot??
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk