News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 08:54AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,129
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 454
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 427
Total: 430

Pfs restructuring

Started by Penny, 17-06-20, 06:57PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forrestgimp

Biglove

Yes. Especially now that booker has stopped delivering groceries. We have to go over to the main store and transfer things across. But there's little stock in there either so the manager isn't happy to share stock. No support either but always quick to mention our bare shelves.

Stitch

I hope we do start getting paid more! Over the years the job has just gotten more and more. More processes, more jobs that need doing (with no training on how to do them), whenever it involves something with duty (like checking waste) it's a struggle!

It's been even more of a struggle since being merged with checkouts under management restructure. We see no one unless they want some training done, or a major issue in the pfs with faulty equipment like pumps all going down (as they keep breaking and helpdesk is useless) then getting shouted out why they weren't informed. When we have an issue and need guidance on they don't have the faintest idea what we're going on about. They don't even know what time we open in the morning!!! We literally do everything with little to no thanks or recognition.

Thankfully in regards to shopping we were given 16 hours extra now Bookers only delivers tobacco and tons of adblue. With that, we've been able to keep pretty fully stocked especially as we aren't to plannogramme no more. Store doesn't like it that we take "their stock" but we don't really care. We see it as they want us to keep pfs stocked so we need to take "their stock". Ultimately in the end of the day it's "Tescos stock", we come under the main Store, so as long as it sales, who cares?! to be honest since doing our own shopping, we feel like we're selling more as we rearranged our shelves, have more of a selection in most areas now and more things customers want.

forrestgimp

Quote from: Biglove on 14-09-21, 09:54AM
Yes. Especially now that booker has stopped delivering groceries. We have to go over to the main store and transfer things across. But there's little stock in there either so the manager isn't happy to share stock. No support either but always quick to mention our bare shelves.

oh no you dont do you, well thats me told me.

Hazelgrif

Hi, I've heard pfs staff that do not have a pfs manager will go to CSD pay.

newguy20

hope PFS colleagues are keeping safe at the moment... its been mayhem the last 2 weeks and this is a fully manned pfs so heart goes out to those of you trying to manage this in a single manned site. closing down been a nightmare each time. so much abuse of staff.

BUY TESLA STOCK

Last chance from the fuel companies to hold us all at ransom before electric is the only option.

HildaHills

The whole place has gone to pot in our pfs. No stock no staff and no communication. Absolutely dreadful. Our manager now decides we all have to do 15 mins of weeding a week as well as everything else. She is an absolute joke! My question was " how can 2 members of staff be legally controlling and watching 12 pumps if one is bent over pulling up weeds with a butter knife?" Answer " there's still 2 of you within the pfs boundary" so there you have it! No wonder 4 long term members of staff have jumped ship in the last 2 months, sad but truth is they have been driven out by desperation, they know the job role so well and have more knowledge than any managers but those in charge won't be told!

NightAndDay

I'm near enough 100% certain "weeding" isn't an expected duty of a ca. Sounds like this PFS manager needs reading the riot act.

Biglove

I don't know if this is the right thread, I can't find anywhere else to put this, or work out how to start a new one.

I'm wondering what's happening with other pfs' as in are you the same position as ours ? going over the store everyday to ensure we have some sort of stock our pfs.. having no support from anyone in the main store.  Seen as an absolute nuisance when we need to be checked off or suggest we might need someone to walk back with so we don't break our backs with the cage or get run over.  8-) And any requests to get our own deliveries back seem to fall on deaf ears. What's going on elsewhere in England/Scotland/Wales please.

[admin] Ref: starting new topic. Please read VLH Supporter Benefits[/admin]

forrestgimp

Quote from: NightAndDay on 20-10-21, 10:29PM
I'm near enough 100% certain "weeding" isn't an expected duty of a ca. Sounds like this PFS manager needs reading the riot act.

I would do it but not the kind of weed they are thinking of.

newguy20

Quote from: Biglove on 30-12-21, 07:40AM
I don't know if this is the right thread, I can't find anywhere else to put this, or work out how to start a new one.

I'm wondering what's happening with other pfs' as in are you the same position as ours ? going over the store everyday to ensure we have some sort of stock our pfs.. having no support from anyone in the main store.  Seen as an absolute nuisance when we need to be checked off or suggest we might need someone to walk back with so we don't break our backs with the cage or get run over.  8-) And any requests to get our own deliveries back seem to fall on deaf ears. What's going on elsewhere in England/Scotland/Wales please.

Ref: starting new topic.  Please read VLH Supporter Benefits

Similar here. Some managers simply refuse to sign transfer notes. We do several trollies a day but things often go out of stock in the main store. We did get some additional hours to do these transfers at the start, but it's all disappeared now. We can get through 2 trollies of screen wash a day alone as we are next to a busy motorway.

There were rumours about direct delivery returning in the new year.

Support from the main store often non existent, no break cover etc.

As to weeding, no chance, half the time even if you go out to replenish paper towel etc you come back to a queue as colleague is on their own.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk