News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:20AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 279
Total: 283

Pandemics & Tesco's policy

Started by Orangutan, 24-02-20, 09:51AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heavychox

In keeping with the topic of safety and Covid 19, on Click and Collect at our store, customers are encouraged by signage to stay in their cars and tesco workers are directed by management to put shopping in the boot.

We don't know if the occupants of the car have any symptoms contaminating the inside of their car and feel that they should load up themselves. When they get home, they have to unload with no tesco worker to help them so i'm unsure why we are encouraged to perform this unsafe procedure during this pandemic.

Biscuit tin

Pretty sure most customers don't sit in their boot.

gomezz

As long as you can open the boot without using your hands (use elbows or use the receipt as a barrier covering on your hand) then you are in the same position as on the road delivery drivers who have to deal with gates, knock on doors etc.

Note that you have to guard against both air-borne infection and surface infection.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

heavychox

Aah, Biscuit tin, you are hilarious and quick of wit but I was referring to airborne as well as physical contamination.
I also deliver and upon being asked to step inside to put the shopping down, I politely refuse, I don't see why I should play Russian roulette with my health in any situation to be honest.

Himynameus

A manager die of covid yesterday at our store. Yet again today Store was packed couldn’t move at times. They really don’t care about the staff 1 bits.

heavychox

Himynameus, sadly, the store manager who passed away due to covid is a stark reality to how contagious and deadly this disease is.
We, as workers have to put ourselves and our family's first. We are not immune because we wear a uniform. Please keep safe people.

BUY TESLA STOCK

People are worried sick about this deadly virus and still managers find it appropriate to have a team fill with dotcom pickers in fresh. Its no better than those organising a house party. There is no excuse for team fills. Maybe the police should issue everyone worker with a fine if caught at a team fill and the duty manager responsible a few days in the jail.

Bluemoon

Yesterday in our store. Families chatting with each other filling aisles. Mum dad and four kids came in. They ran everywhere picking things up and putting them down. No social distancing. We have been told we mustn’t say anything. How is this keeping staff safe?
I am suffering anxiety about this.  Can’t be the only one scared.

BarryZola

Don't worry, I'm sure USDAW will save us all soon...

Anyway, why aren't we getting a bonus now like we did in the first lockdown? And, instead of giving the government all of those billions of pounds back a couple of months ago, why couldn't Tesco have held some of that back and given staff a one off bonus of £500-£1000 each to say thanks for risking their lives over the past year (especially working for 3 months of the first lockdown when the majority sat at home getting paid)? The government definitely aren't going to give us anything to say thanks, even though they love giving it away for everything else, so I think Tesco could have had our backs a bit more on that one and put some aside for us. Rubbish to 'em.

BUY TESLA STOCK

“Bonus”

An extra few days holiday would be better until we all get through this.

dotnochance

Lol it’s very telling, that a few other big competitors of Tesco have giving staff pay rises and good bonuses, and yet we get complete silence from Tesco. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Tesco has done the bare minimum throughout this pandemic. Tesco got applauded a lot for sending home everyone who had pre existing conditions at the start of Covid! Even though it was a recommendation from the government if they hadn’t followed that advice Tesco would have been crucified. They have also washed their hands on doing anything to actually control Covid in stores by placing the enforcement onto customers who really don’t give a f***

King1999

They really don’t give a f*** it’s about time everyone realised this.Heat map and hours that’s all you are to them.Its beyond pathetic.Just remember not giving a f*** about you they are more than happy to put your families at risk aswell.

Welshie

I know this is probably a silly question but I live in hope . Have Tesco reduced numbers in stores in the postcodes with the new strain that they're trying to eliminate

dotnochance

;D ;D ;D ;) ;D ;D ;D

No

takethemoneyandrun

Quote from: BarryZola on 24-01-21, 07:28PM
Don't worry, I'm sure USDAW will save us all soon...

Anyway, why aren't we getting a bonus now like we did in the first lockdown? And, instead of giving the government all of those billions of pounds back a couple of months ago, why couldn't Tesco have held some of that back and given staff a one off bonus of £500-£1000 each to say thanks for risking their lives over the past year (especially working for 3 months of the first lockdown when the majority sat at home getting paid)? The government definitely aren't going to give us anything to say thanks, even though they love giving it away for everything else, so I think Tesco could have had our backs a bit more on that one and put some aside for us. Rubbish to 'em.
Report to the protector line and public health!!

nick123

My partner has just received a letter saying she is now extremely clinically vulnerable by the NHS... Shes been back in store since last summer working right through the second wave  ???  Tesco OH said she was low risk - will Tesco be paying her if she is now CEVas letter says not to work til 31st March

Morris999

Yes Tesco will pay her her contracted hours going forward to shield.
All she needs to do is ring Duty manager and tell them she has received a shielding letter.

nick123

ok cool... it all seems a bit late in the game for this if I'm honest considering she's been working right throughout the second wave but as least she'll get a vaccine next week which is good!

dotnochance

So as an asthmatic I was looking forwards to getting my Covid jab soon! Then government advice has just come down and basically f***ed people with asthma into the s*** heap, sigh oh well I’m a key worker so I must get it soon? Went to doctors today with asthma stuff and asked about key workers when we getting it! He was like “oh yeah supermarket workers are definitely key workers just let me look up when” well after a few minutes looking we are not classes as at risk or key workers...... he couldn’t understand that at all, basically the info on his computer listed all the key workers but we’re not one of them. Great
Will say I’m in Scotland so maybe England is different?

Morris999

Think it’s a Scottish thing, I know quite a few Asthmatics that have been called in for the jab, all between 18-50 and not classed as CEV.
And from what I’ve read in the press(take with a pinch of salt) Scotland is behind England in the role out of the vaccine.

Redshoes

I’m in Scotland an an asthmatic that works with me has had her letter. A few have had the letters for age and or health. Some have no health issues themselves but family members do. One guy on grocery in his 20’s has a letter but has no health issues but his mother is CEV.

VladPutin

Quote from: dotnochance on 26-02-21, 03:31PM
So as an asthmatic I was looking forwards to getting my Covid jab soon! Then government advice has just come down and basically f***ed people with asthma into the s*** heap, sigh oh well I’m a key worker so I must get it soon? Went to doctors today with asthma stuff and asked about key workers when we getting it! He was like “oh yeah supermarket workers are definitely key workers just let me look up when” well after a few minutes looking we are not classes as at risk or key workers...... he couldn’t understand that at all, basically the info on his computer listed all the key workers but we’re not one of them. Great

Vaccinations are being prioritised by age group, not profession. Doesn't matter if you're NHS, Police or Retail staff: we have to wait our turn with the REMF's.

It's not fair, but since when did that matter? 8-)

Biscuit tin

I think purely from a logistical point of view doing it via age makes more sense. The NHS won't have all the occupational data to prioritise front line workers. And the speed of the rollout, which is the first thing the government have got right would be jeopardized.

gomezz

Listening to a radio show this morning and one of the contributors said that a benefit of volunteering to help marshal the sessions (leaving all the clinical staff free to do the actual vaccinations) was that they got their jab there and then well ahead of what they would otherwise have done.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

grim up north

Quote from: VladPutin on 27-02-21, 06:11AM
Quote from: dotnochance on 26-02-21, 03:31PM

Vaccinations are being prioritised by age group, not profession. Doesn't matter if you're NHS, Police or Retail staff: we have to wait our turn with the REMF's.

It's not fair, but since when did that matter? 8-)

Not true Vlad. NHS were prioritised. Even to cleaners cleaning the doctors surgery

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk