News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:26PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,126
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 275
Total: 279

News articles

Started by Nomad, 21-03-18, 10:49AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Totot

I wonder if tesco gonna give a kind of compensation for existing staff with the same position in the same place, and how they gonna think about it if tesco don't.

And of course the rest of us, as existing staff, if we get nothing. Kind like loyal insurance customer who have to pay more than new customer, in that case, I just get insurance for other company. As for the job, I guess time to go even slower and care more less than before.

gomezz

I can see mates doing the same job for other companies offering a joining bonus arranging a job swap between themselves.   8-)
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Nomad

Tesco: It allegedly begins checking the customers' receipt when they leave the store.

USA late again  :question:  ;D

I'm unsure as to how customer safety fits into the story  ???
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

expressman77

Quote from: VladPutin on 18-10-21, 07:18PM
Quote from: King1999 on 18-10-21, 12:39PM
Just highlights how  the overworked established staff are taken for granted.Be nice to have a bonus in the lead up to Christmas.Maybe a chocolate orange if we are lucky.At least we've got a wordsearch to do for Halloween.

Bonus?! The people at head office won't even give us a hot breakfast on a cold winter morning! 8-)

Hot breakfast on cold morning , oh bless ,you work in a building with heating and need hot food , good job you dont work outdoors

fba

King1999

Quote from: expressman77 on 23-10-21, 01:57PM
Just highlights how  the overworked established staff are taken for granted.Be nice to have a bonus in the lead up to Christmas.Maybe a chocolate orange if we are lucky.At least we've got a wordsearch to do for Halloween.

Bonus?! The people at head office won't even give us a hot breakfast on a cold winter morning! 8-)

Hot breakfast on cold morning , oh bless ,you work in a building with heating and need hot food , good job you dont work outdoors

Bless.

VladPutin

Quote from: expressman77 on 23-10-21, 01:57PM

What is this, the Four Yorkshiremen Sketch? ;D

I've done my time working outdoors in horrible weather. Now I'm indoors and I'd rather like a nice, hot breakfast on a cold day. Like the people at head office get, in spite of never actually doing any work. 8-)

King1999

They do work making staff in stores life a misery.

VladPutin

Fair point, mate.

lackofinterest

they'll be begging to get back to prison before they finish the shift :D :D :-X

VladPutin

Oh no - all the customers too lazy to actually waddle around the supermarkets won't be able to get their food delivered! Won't someone please think of the children! :D ;D

lordadmiral

Yeap people will starve now.

gomezz

Why do people assume that the only reason people prefer to have their shopping delivered is because they are lazy?   8-)
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

NightAndDay

Only Vlad has expressed that thought, to be fair though, I'm inclined to agree, the whole idea of spending extra money on delivery fees and dealing with the hassle of ridiculous substitutions and dates/quality of items being poorer than what you would choose  when the store is less than a mile away is indicative of the entitled culture of todays TikTok generation.

Back in my day we were as efficient and resilient as the cold hard turnips of communist Russia.

chris9997

Yes some would be lazy but the home shopping now is a lot harder to deal with with no bags , yes i have home shopping mainly because of the heavy items i find difficult to put in the car and take out again as i have problems with strenth in my arms.

VladPutin

Quote from: NightAndDay on 25-10-21, 10:37AM
Only Vlad has expressed that thought, to be fair though, I'm inclined to agree, the whole idea of spending extra money on delivery fees and dealing with the hassle of ridiculous substitutions and dates/quality of items being poorer than what you would choose  when the store is less than a mile away is indicative of the entitled culture of todays TikTok generation.

Back in my day we were as efficient and resilient as the cold hard turnips of communist Russia.

I like you, Comrade! Here, have bottle of good Vodka! No need to worry it glows in dark... >:D

VladPutin

Quote from: gomezz on 25-10-21, 10:32AM
Why do people assume that the only reason people prefer to have their shopping delivered is because they are lazy?   8-)

I've seen 80 and 90 year olds do their own shopping. Anyone who can't or won't do the same is either lazy or weak.

I don't think I'm being unfair. :)

[admin]I do.[/admin]

Nomad

Tesco drops in Which cheapest supermarket table - with five cheaper rivals

QuoteTesco has slid down a place in the Which cheapest supermarket monthly ranking, making it one of the most expensive on the list.

Well well well  :o
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

BUY TESLA STOCK

The only reason I would shop in Tesco is if it was the only supermarket nearby but Aldi and Lidl are within walking distance now and even Morrisons is cheaper. Tesco's a rip off you are just funding the manager bonus or giving yourself more work to do if you're a GA. Year on year the SM fails on his "colleagues recommend as great place to work" despite his best efforts. The GAs always have something to moan about.

just curious

Slightly off topic  - but Tesco boast about price matching Aldi on hundreds of prices ( Allegedly) , You would have thought Tesco were beating Aldi on hundreds of prices by being cheaper with the buying power of Tesco not matching them ? No wonder there loosing ground ?

penguin

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10183449/6ft-Tesco-worker-wins-50-000-payout-falsely-imprisoned-pregnant-5ft4-boss.html

Another mess of an investigation has ended up in court, and resulted in the claimant winning.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk