News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

24-04-24, 04:00PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,899
  • Latest: dezza
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,404
  • Total Topics: 637
  • Online today: 317
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 234
Total: 239

News articles

Started by Nomad, 21-03-18, 10:49AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Batmanjo

Quote from: Redshoes on 09-02-21, 03:56AM
From what I have heard and seen there is going to be a huge move towards body cams. The new structure at PFS brings in bullet proof screens, smoke bombs, cctv, headsets but they are also talking about body cams.

We lost our security guard ages ago. The local extra has guards, as does the metro store that is in the city centre about 40 miles away. We don’t have as it’s a superstore and not a high risk area. We do have the hub though and the guys that work on the hub are very good. We report a theft and they find the cctv footage and send to police and share with the group. We have also had a few staff issues come down from the hub.

We have four working headsets that team support use at checkouts. A metro store now has all colleagues wearing headsets. The new PFS structure also requires PFS colleagues to wear headsets.

Total disregard for peoples privacy with the use of body cams, staff are not Police !! they have enough CCTV in store without intruding into peoples personal space and causing staff paranoia what next trackers on cars, I was once asked to have my car searched I said NO ! and said if they wanted to search my car they could get the Police, the manager said they had the right to search can you believe that ? It didn't get searched and I didn't have anything to hide............we all have rights and sometimes you just need to stand up to these clowns. The way some Managers speak to staff is unbelievable I find the uglier and more middle aged the Manager the worse they seem to be just my point of view. :D :D :D :D

oldfashionedplayer

Yeah, they updated their information on colleague searches recently, they say cars and vans and trucks etc... Which is ridiculous...they want to get out as many annoyances as possible I think, so changing all the stuff to suit them to try it on those who fight back..

Batmanjo

Quote from: oldfashionedplayer on 26-04-21, 11:25PM
Yeah, they updated their information on colleague searches recently, they say cars and vans and trucks etc... Which is ridiculous...they want to get out as many annoyances as possible I think, so changing all the stuff to suit them to try it on those who fight back..

If they really want to search my car it's a big NO ! I would force them to get the Police....... Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the wee donkey they force us to keep our personal possessions including car keys in a locker and now they want to search our vehicles Ha ! Ha !   

lol its me

just don't park in the Tesco car park (well if you can) my store is in a retail park so parking is massive and Tesco only has a small part of it.  If its on their property they can check.

penguin

Quote from: Batmanjo on 27-04-21, 04:04PM

If they really want to search my car it's a big NO ! I would force them to get the Police....... Jesus, Mary, Joseph and the wee donkey they force us to keep our personal possessions including car keys in a locker and now they want to search our vehicles Ha ! Ha !   

They don't need the police, policy has always been private cars or vans etc on company premises can be searched, refusing to allow it is essentially gross misconduct and could result in suspension and disciplinary action. It is basically no different to refusing a staff search.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Pfs girlie

We.ve had our cars searched periodically for years can't see the problem

kaled78

I had a jobs worth manager search my car,years ago and ask if I had a receipt for the half full bottle of oil,I had in my boot(I had bought from halfords),as we sold the same item instore,I told him to check the cctv as you are accusing me of stealing some oil,pouring half of it in my engine and putting the remainder in the boot of my car all without me leaving the building!,I complained to the store manager and had an apology from the jobs worth idiot

VladPutin

You're lucky you've got lockers! ;)

helpme

Quote from: lol its me on 27-04-21, 04:53PM
just don't park in the Tesco car park (well if you can) my store is in a retail park so parking is massive and Tesco only has a small part of it.  If its on their property they can check.
And when they search through your car while all the general public are walking by and thinking you must have done something wrong you then grievance under dignity at work!

Redshoes

Theft is theft, I have worked in five stores and they have all done car and locker searches.
In my time I have twice seen people sacked over goods in boot of car. I have also seen a contractor sacked over goods in car, he took his breaks different to all the other contractors and loaded up his car when the others were in the canteen. I have known of colleague who have had coats taken, even bags of shopping that has been paid for.
These cases were a long time ago and before the high quality of cctv we have now.
Since the cctv was installed we have still had cases of fraud, it's easier to track and prove now. The could be a question on cars needing to be searched as cctv would prove cars loaded with goods not paid for.
If you work in a store where you feel comfortable leaving your purse or wallet in the pocket of your coat you are a very lucky person. If you are not in one of these stores the searches are needed, theft does happen.

Nomad

I sort of understand that random no cause/suspicion searches can play a part, although I also believe it demonstrates a little distrust in the search victims character.

I do not like the accusation/assumption of theft because one has something sold by the company in your vehicle, and no receipt.  You do not need to prove you paid and own it, they have to prove(evidence) you stole it.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Batmanjo

Quote from: penguin on 27-04-21, 08:04PM

They don't need the police, policy has always been private cars or vans etc on company premises can be searched, refusing to allow it is essentially gross misconduct and could result in suspension and disciplinary action. It is basically no different to refusing a staff search.
Like I said I refused them the choice of looking in my private property CAR and advised them they could get the Police and I would gladly let them search the car, my wife may well have left something in the boot that they do not need to see or even know about. If they thought someone had done something suspicious they have CCTV they can refer to, I will always stand up to these hypocrites when it's one rule for one and another for others and searching a car is not enforceable.

[admin]Can members try not to insert their words inside another members quote, as you are putting your words in their post. that way could lead to confusion.[/admin]

NightAndDay

In fact, unfounded accusations of theft can contribute to a successful constructive dismissal claim if documented (a grievance would do) as a contributing factor to the deterioration of trust and confidence in the employer-employee relationship.

expressman77

They have the right to search your car at anytime, been like that for many years,
Cant see what the problem is , why do people want to stubborn and awkward.
If you do t like the rules ,leave

Nomad

The problem is in my opinion, individuals should be treated as honest until it is proved they are not.

Some say respect has to be earned, I always say give people respect, if THEY lose my respect then it is most likely gone forever  :'(
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

https://www.centralfifetimes.com/news/national-news/19310422.sir-dave-lewis-leaves-tesco-1-6m-pay-packet/

QuoteSir Dave stepped down from the retailer in September after turning around its fortunes over the past six years following its major accounting scandal.

Tesco's annual report revealed on Tuesday that he was handed £951,000 in fixed pay for the period, consisting of £735,000 in salary as well as pension and other benefits.

The former chief also received £683,000 in long-term pay awards.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Tesco passes burden of supplying Northern Ireland to suppliers in Brexit rejig

QuoteTesco will task suppliers with taking food across the Irish Sea border under plans to tackle the burden of supplying Northern Ireland once full checks begin in October.

Two suppliers told The Grocer they had been asked by Tesco to start shipping directly from Great Britain into the Republic of Ireland, from where the supermarket will transport their goods north of the border.

Nomad ( Forum Admin )

NightAndDay

VladPutin

Quote from: Pfs girlie on 27-04-21, 09:43PM
We.ve had our cars searched periodically for years can't see the problem

I don't have much respect for the police. How much do you think I have for some loser in a cheap suit, following instructions thought up by people at head office trying desperately to justify their pathetic, worthless non-jobs?

Don't worry, it's a rhetorical question. ;)

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

https://www.retailgazette.co.uk/blog/2021/06/tesco-to-shutter-international-wholesale-business/

QuoteTesco has reportedly revealed plans to axe its international wholesale business, which exports its own-brand range across the world.

The Big 4 grocer will wind down its international export arm with the aim of shutting down the division completely by the middle of next year.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

expressman77

Vladputins answers perfectly sums up with what's wrong.

No respect to anyone who tells him what to do or what he should do, and thinks he  knows best.  Do not necessary need to respect the person but should respect their position.  Perhaps without morons in-store doing their own thing you wouldn't need head office trying to solve the problems they cause.

[admin]Your right, there're a number of MM morons in store doing their own thing, and not following procedures.[/admin]

alf

BUY TESLA STOCK

Mere is moving to the UK.

[admin]https://www.verylittlehelps.com/index.php?topic=17584.0[/admin]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk