News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:04AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 289
Total: 292

Pfs restructuring

Started by Penny, 17-06-20, 06:57PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessadtan

We have been told its happening later this year in the third quarter

King1999

Quote from: Gorgeous69 on 08-07-20, 10:36PM
Does anyone know who’s responsible for confirming deliveries and invoices in the Pfs cause we do everything in our garage bloody annoying the store are never interested
You should do your own been like that for a long time,I would say the stores stock control have got more than enough on their plate after last year's cull.Your actually classed as a separate store so you should do your own stock control,invoices etc....

lucgeo

It is the stores responsibility to do the PFS Invoices...it was deemed part of the DSS routines, the ambient stock control manager in our store used to do them, but when they inherited the wages and admin, it was passed back to the DSS clerk.
However if the PFS have their own screen, then makes more sense for them to do it as and when the order arrives and has been checked off, as less time consuming than taking them instore for filing, or relying on the DSS clerk to collect on a daily basis, especially as the PFS invoices differ greatly to instore ones, being different suppliers and products. The clerk would need to be trained on how the volumes are counted, and the PFS staff would need to fully explain discrepancies when checking off delivery...not just a plus or minus against each item. How they expect a DSS clerk to determine how short or over the delivery was without a number next to each  ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

owlnight

Quote from: Jessadtan on 11-07-20, 04:01PM
We have been told its happening later this year in the third quarter
hiya jessadtan,
have you been told how? like is it just the evening part that will be single manned, or later if tou are 24hr. ? our store manager says its not us, we are open till 9. in the pfs

King1999

Quote from: lucgeo on 11-07-20, 06:36PM
It is the stores responsibility to do the PFS Invoices...it was deemed part of the DSS routines, the ambient stock control manager in our store used to do them, but when they inherited the wages and admin, it was passed back to the DSS clerk.
However if the PFS have their own screen, then makes more sense for them to do it as and when the order arrives and has been checked off, as less time consuming than taking them instore for filing, or relying on the DSS clerk to collect on a daily basis, especially as the PFS invoices differ greatly to instore ones, being different suppliers and products. The clerk would need to be trained on how the volumes are counted, and the PFS staff would need to fully explain discrepancies when checking off delivery...not just a plus or minus against each item. How they expect a DSS clerk to determine how short or over the delivery was without a number next to each  ???
Garages should be doing their own stock control.Nothing to do with store,I feel sorry for the person lumbered with the dss......hours were cut massively last year in stock control.

lucgeo

Have to disagree on this as I was the DSS clerk until a victim of the cull last year! I had argued for years that it shouldn't be my responsibility, and it carried on being done by the PFS staff, until their manager went part time...I was shown the job description and it clearly stated that PFS invoices was part of the DSS role. Our PFS didn't have access to a screen in the garage, and that stood in their favour. That's why I stated if they have their own screen and access to the system, they should be doing it themselves.
Unless the job role pack changed with the restructure, then it remains with the DSS clerk.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Jessadtan

Hi owl night our store manager hasn't any more news except its happening later in the year. We are not 24hour store we shut at 8 at mo

NightAndDay

Quote from: lucgeo on 12-07-20, 01:29PM
Have to disagree on this as I was the DSS clerk until a victim of the cull last year! I had argued for years that it shouldn't be my responsibility, and it carried on being done by the PFS staff, until their manager went part time...I was shown the job description and it clearly stated that PFS invoices was part of the DSS role. Our PFS didn't have access to a screen in the garage, and that stood in their favour. That's why I stated if they have their own screen and access to the system, they should be doing it themselves.
Unless the job role pack changed with the restructure, then it remains with the DSS clerk.

If the PFS restructuring means single manned operations, then legally and from a H&S perspective that would drastically limit the roles that the person can do safely, it is already legally dubious from a H&S perspective to be single manned and be in the presence of other customers, but to do SC routines as well wouldn't be fessible due to nobody serving customers.

Redshoes

During the stock control restructure a lot of the tasks were put out to the Depts. I don't know if this was one of them. We don't have screens at our PFS but the colleagues come up to store and do DSS just before they clock out. There is a 15 min overlap and this allows them to do so. We have no idea about how things will be after restructure at PFS until we go through it but dual man is for tasks being completed and peak trade.
I assume tasks will be bunched into a certain time of day. Replenishment, stock control, date code checking and Costa machine all n ed dual man, just to name a few.
When single man what happens with assistance needed at pump, Costa needing milk top up, sand needing spreading on forecourt etc. I can only assume it will be assistance needed from store.

Hazelgrif

We have had our new cameras all fitted yes a lot beta quality but not for the convenience of staff, i.e. Drive off's, the cameras are not positioned more on actual pumps, we are 24 hr site opening kiosk at 5.45-22.15 (2 staff open till 2 then another 2 from 2-22.15) form 22.15 it's night manned by 1 person kiosk closed 8 pumps cleaning see and 4 left at pay@pump,,, from 20th Aug. All night staff have listed their jobs, Day staff been told we go LIVE on 10th Aug then a decision will be made on how, when & why it will be singled manned, all info we've been told is from an old manager as ours is saying she knows nothing.  Basically been kept in the dark.

owlnight

hi hazelgrif,
thanks for the update, any further info after live date appreciated.

King1999

Just come in do your shift stop fretting about it working,have your correct breaks and go home on time.......running stores this tight is asking for trouble head orafice and Lewis and his crew aren’t in the real world.f*** them.......They give more of a s*** about colour coding keys than people that’s how pathetic it is now......you use to get buy in from staff they just do what they want now.

Welshie

King1999 , stop fretting ??? People will be on there own,  away from the store , no security,  people wanting their cars filled and not being able to leave kiosk , having a queue while trying to contact store for help , higher risk of being robbed , it's not all about breaks . And I'm not sure if that's meant to say nightshift losing their jobs so theres another issue .

King1999

If you don't feel safe.....the company is legally bound to provide a safe place to work.Legally that goes for your mental health the company is treading a fine line.Shut the garage if you don't feel safe and grievance why.Its not up to someone on 9 pound an hour to make sure these things work.Just to remind that a trial doesn't mean it's been successful the company isn't transparent with its staff.

King1999

I would also add out a grievance in for each shift you are singled manned if you don't they will be more than happy to let you do it.Time to push back people.

Misha101

Quote from: King1999 on 09-08-20, 03:41PM
If you don't feel safe.....the company is legally bound to provide a safe place to work.Legally that goes for your mental health the company is treading a fine line.Shut the garage if you don't feel safe and grievance why.Its not up to someone on 9 pound an hour to make sure these things work.Just to remind that a trial doesn't mean it's been successful the company isn't transparent with its staff.
This is not a trial or pilot. Phase one is starting in two weeks time, then two and three in the next few months. I expect every pfs regardless of size, trade, takings, size and opening hours will be impacted in some shape or form.
If you don't feel happy working on your own and it is your contracted shift you will be offered hours in the store. You can be contracted for two departments.

King1999

Just saying if your not happy grievance can't see anyone being happy working on their own,very arrogant dangerous turn for the company to take.How out of touch they are is becoming a worrying norm.

NightAndDay

to add to this, how does this coincide with Tescos deputising pay policy? Being single manned by default means the lone person working is the duty manager and under their own policy would be applicable for the deputised pay rate.

Misha101

They don't even get a skills payment for the responsibility they have. There is never a manager to back them up with a rude customer and now they won't even have a colleague they really will be alone. Cannot leave the kiosk unattended to help a customer, even a medical emergency they would still have to serve milk and meal deals while on the phone to the emergency services. Unless you have worked over there taking full responsibility for the forecourt and not just sitting on the till. You won't understand how much they don't call the managers for. It will be real eye-opener for them.

King1999

Quote from: Misha101 on 09-08-20, 08:50PM
They don't even get a skills payment for the responsibility they have. There is never a manager to back them up with a rude customer and now they won't even have a colleague they really will be alone. Cannot leave the kiosk unattended to help a customer, even a medical emergency they would still have to serve milk and meal deals while on the phone to the emergency services. Unless you have worked over there taking full responsibility for the forecourt and not just sitting on the till. You won't understand how much they don't call the managers for. It will be real eye-opener for them.
Let’s hope it is an eye opener then before anything serious happens.

NightAndDay

Quote from: Misha101 on 09-08-20, 08:50PM

Hopefully someone in this position sues Tesco for a 7 figure payout.

owlnight

hi all,
does anyone know what hours /parts of the day are being single manned?

Misha101

Last few hours each day 1700-2200

King1999

Quote from: NightAndDay on 09-08-20, 08:11PM
to add to this, how does this coincide with Tescos deputising pay policy? Being single manned by default means the lone person working is the duty manager and under their own policy would be applicable for the deputised pay rate.
Would getting rid of PFS managers in their way of thinking cover this our store I've found out is losing pfs manager and customer service manager,all sits with the checkout manager.You know how sneaky they are.

Misha101

That rumour has been going around for years, so it wouldn't surprise me with all of the changes. I think It really would be unfortunate though for stores to lose that experience and knowledge. I don't know any manager in our store that could take that on to any standard. I expect they will change the title, role and responsibilities at some point so redundancy will off the table for them. With a good standard of the right manager in the right job, sometimes I struggle with the roles of the senior team in stores and the value they add. Compared to head count in our store that would be a great saving, even to lose one. We have four and it just feels to me eveything gets pushed down to the line managers anyway. I could be wrong and I'm not being spiteful. They are all nice people and when I read things on here I don't think every store has that. But if they are thinking purely financially it would make sense.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk