News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 06:27PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 311
Total: 314

Pfs restructuring

Started by Penny, 17-06-20, 06:57PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stitch

I'd be interested to see what they would do with ours to be honest. It's quite a large kiosk and in a residential area so we can't be 24hrs......we still have a pfs manager but we're usually left alone alot of the time. So wouldn't be surprised if we came under customer services.....

I'm not opposed to single manning (as long as all the security stuff is put into place......like an actual security screen, cameras that actually work, etc). I did think though in the training when it comes to the open/shut down procedures there has to be 2 members of staff, let alone when it comes to counts/shopping/filling/labels and all that other fun stuff haha

MysteryTurkey

Quote from: Gorgeous69 on 21-06-20, 08:02PM
Checkout manager merging with services

I don’t think so. Our store just had a restructure and all the managers had to move departments but none got cut except that services manager became part time. Checkouts merging with services would be really tough.
1 manager to do checkouts, CSD, Trollies, Cash Office especially when the store manager gets the other managers to rumble 80% of the time.

lucgeo

My old store, the manager covered CSD, trollies, cash office, and exchange bureau. Also rumbled and covered PFS when their part time manager was days off.

I would imagine if the checkout manager took on services, it would be just as part time cover, should the services manager inherit PFS.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Redshoes

It's store specific and some checkout managers are taking on services too if it is vacant. It would seem that it's probably linked to the new structure in PFS sites and reduced amount of cash coming through the cash office.

Redshoes

If the new structure in PFS is based on sales and routines, is the sales part of this taken from before COVID. Our PFS has taken just under half of its normal sales all through lockdown and it's only just starting to pick up now as people are going back to work.

Penny

Hopefully it won’t go on sales during covid or we will all be gone! We are on a main road in the Kent area and usually have a lot of passing trade but sales have halved in the last few months

owlnight

Quote from: pfstlc on 19-06-20, 05:30PM
My manager has said that 'changes are happening'. Heard from a manager at a different store that there was supposed to be a meeting with all PFS colleagues on Tuesday...
hi pfstic
did your store have any meetings today? my store hasn't, and store manager says he knows nothing about it!!

kaled78

pfs staff in my store have all had to fill in availability forms and been told they may have to work some hours in the main store,they are not happy!

owlnight

hi kaled
do you know when does this start in your pfs?  is your store 24hr?

lucgeo

Quote from: kaled78 on 24-06-20, 10:56AM
pfs staff in my store have all had to fill in availability forms and been told they may have to work some hours in the main store,they are not happy!

They only need to put their availability to their current shifts/ days/ hours...regardless what any manager tells them different. They can't refuse to work instore, as they are employed as customer assistants in their store. However...PFS sometimes come under a different store number to the main store...so technically  ???

Nightworker

Hi I am having trouble logging in to payslip view has the system changed and I don’t know about it

[admin]You need to ask in a more suitable topic, try this one https://www.verylittlehelps.com/index.php?topic=16471.msg212697#msg212697 or this https://www.verylittlehelps.com/index.php?topic=17111.msg241570;topicseen#msg241570[/admin]

notsofunny

I am sure I heard that the new System was coming on line this month and the old one stopping.

owlnight

hi kaled
have you been told how many hrs in a day will be single manned?

kaled78

no not yet,we are a large superstore with .com and night crew,we used to be 24 hr opening,but have not been for some time now

kaled78

Quote from: lucgeo on 24-06-20, 02:50PM

They only need to put their availability to their current shifts/ days/ hours...regardless what any manager tells them different. They can't refuse to work instore, as they are employed as customer assistants in their store. However...PFS sometimes come under a different store number to the main store...so technically  ???
I'm pretty sure everyone's contract now says you may be required to work at other sites within reasonable travelling distance, as most pfs are at the edge of the car park I very much doubt you could argue that.

lucgeo

The technically bit was a little tongue in cheek...however I wouldn't put it past a manager to try and pull that, should they not have matching shift patterns instore..they couldn't match exactly with availability as different store, but it's within the acceptable perimeters for change of store.

My quote stands on not changing availability to go instore. Also if they have you working on higher pay band dept's...then you receive a higher pay if you work on there for a specified % of your hours.

oldfashionedplayer

Even if it was 1 hour on a higher paid bit like midnight to 1am, or covering a team leader etc you'd get paid that extra amount regardless of your % of hours worked, you should always make sure thry pay it otherwise they just got you cheaper and will do it more often...

Stitch

Apart from briefly being told that possibly we could go single manned after 24hr 1s do. Not heard anything else.....apart from manager may be having a meeting next week regarding it but nothing concrete......

Redshoes

There are different time scales for different stores. Those that will know more will be in phase one and possibly phase two. The rest will just know that the changes are coming and which one of the three structures they will be moving to.
It could show when the next heat map comes down. It might give an idea of how things might look but no detail unless you are a site that is due to go into the new structure very soon.
As for availability, you don't have to put greater availability than your shifts but if you do that you are limiting your options. This is not a redundancy scenario so you will either stay in PFS or move to store if not required at PFS. The hours in store will need to be in Depts that are under hours. It may feel tight but that is not the same as being under hours.

lucgeo

If you change your availability hours, there is still no guarantee you won't be pushed into a dept on hours that aren't sustainable.
The onus is on them to fit you into your availability hours, if they come back and say they have somewhere with different hours, shifts etc, that you find acceptable then you can agree, meeting them halfway.
All dept's...in my experience, always operate under hours, it saves on the wage budget.

Biglove

Any info regarding PFS, services and checkouts manager merger? When will this be happening

Toady

does anyone know what is happening with bakery and counters. are counters opening and is one manager running both in all stores please.

[admin]Wrong thread. Nomad[/admin]

[mod]Ref: starting new topic. Please read VLH Supporter Benefits[/mod]

Misha101

This thread is very quiet considering some stores are meant to be starting the new single manning pfs structure mid August. Does anyone know any more on this? We have had our availability meetings, that's all. Awaiting heat map.

Gorgeous69

Does anyone know who’s responsible for confirming deliveries and invoices in the Pfs cause we do everything in our garage bloody annoying the store are never interested

Gorgeous69

Nothing going on in our Pfs regarding changes

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk