News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:08AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 170
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

job cuts?

Started by Vinny1985, 11-01-21, 04:01PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stubbo

Quote from: Nighthawk on 16-01-21, 08:03AM
Apparently there will be a reduction of managers and they will be introducing team leaders, if your store stops trading 24/7 1 night manager to go, consultation start Feb
Do you mean shift leaders?

lordadmiral

What is the diference between old Team Leader and Shift Leader.?

Stubbo

Team leaders were replaced with Team support. Shift leaders do duty shifts and are a cross between Team support and team manager. Same pay as team support.

dotnochance

Why the hell would anyone be a shift leader more jobs that team support but same pay?

Morris999

Shift Leaders are in Expresses/Metros
Team Support are in Superstores/Extras.

It’s been rumoured for a few years that most if not all Team Managers will be replaced by Shift Leaders in Superstores/Extras.
Every Jan/Feb the same rumour appears.

It seems that Nighthawk is rehashing that rumour, as no-one outside the top reaches at HO will know what if any colleague/manager changers are happening yet this year.
Unless of course Nighthawk is one of those at the top at HO like some of our other posters that were effectively bullied off the forum over the past few years.

Kieth_Lemon

I've heard something similar about Shift Leaders being introduced to superstore in place of Team Managers. Not sure how that will work in practice as SLs have a lot less power than a TM.

Stubbo

[mod]Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).[/mod]
Maybe Lead Managers will finally have some work to do!!!!

kaled78

I thought meat and fish counters were next for the axe,as they only open part time now anyhow

penguin

Quote from: Kieth_Lemon on 16-01-21, 05:24PM
I've heard something similar about Shift Leaders being introduced to superstore in place of Team Managers. Not sure how that will work in practice as SLs have a lot less power than a TM.

Might have more power in a superstore, or be the current TM role but given a new name, something like department leader and on less pay than current TM knowing Tesco.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

NightAndDay

Quote from: Kieth_Lemon on 16-01-21, 05:24PM

There isn't much more that a Team Manager can do that a SL can't, In Express where there is much less governance, it's not uncommon for a SL to do rotas, payroll, holidays etc, they are usually the duty in the store as well.

In reality, there's probably about 2-3 e-learning courses that differentiates a SL from a TM.. that and a nice managers uniform.

Decco1

Quote from: Nighthawk on 16-01-21, 08:03AM
Apparently there will be a reduction of managers and they will be introducing team leaders, if your store stops trading 24/7 1 night manager to go, consultation start Feb

Do you have any more info regarding this? Specifically night managers being axed?

Thank you

biggguy

Why would they re-introduce team leaders??? And are they expecting team managers to step down?

kaled78

perhaps they will leave them on protected pay or a cushion payment to soften the blow of in effect de-motion

NightAndDay

Quote from: biggguy on 18-01-21, 02:41AM
Why would they re-introduce team leaders??? And are they expecting team managers to step down?

If they can replace DSMs in express with Shift Leaders then they can easily do the same with TMs.

Kingkong2015

About time Tesco has always been top heavy with managers hope this happens in Depots too many chiefs !

lordadmiral

I am thinking that if we all change our names we might start earning more money. :D

londoner83

In reality in many stores you now have TM on 25k managing a team of 5-10 colleagues.
On Sundays the entire store can run with 2-3 managers...

With facts like that how on earth can anyone justify the need for 15+ managers in the building on a often less busy Tuesday or Wednesday?

Redshoes

I agree that Sunday's can and often do take more money than some days in the week but sunday is still treated as a special day. The managers that are in on Sunday's are mostly on overtime and do not do much in relation to own job.

Graham

our store has 3 night managers that do nothing, just walk around ech night asking how its going , they actually walk round togeather as well

BUY TESLA STOCK

Graham maybe your store but not all are the same.

Welshie

I didn't particularly like our night-shift managers but they do work extremely hard.  They split fresh delivery & pack aisles, are in early and out late every night.

rogerthedodger

Hopefully a shack up of lead management most roles pointless

NightAndDay

Retail needs to do away with managers fully and have everyone on higher pay and equal standing. Too much misappropriated importance and dead weight at the top as it is, a horribly inefficient system.

BUY TESLA STOCK

Quote from: Welshie on 25-01-21, 04:39PM
I didn't particularly like our night-shift managers but they do work extremely hard.  They split fresh delivery & pack aisles, are in early and out late every night.

:thumbup:

dataself

Has anyone on here know about the cut to admin assistant in Express Stores, I keep getting told that admin hours have been cut yet again and now I only have 6 hours a week to do the work, and being told that for my other 24 hours that I am contracted to do all the deliveries and till or leave.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk