News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 08:53AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,129
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 454
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 424
Total: 427

Tesco face masks

Started by cosmosmallpiece, 21-08-20, 01:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cosmosmallpiece

Has anyone heard we are getting face masks with Tesco logo ?

Katarn2000

dotnochance

Made with the cheapest material possible and as much use as a chocolate fire guard

Katarn2000

penguin

Lets just hope its better quality than the Tesco uniform or I will be sticking to my usual face masks.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

captain

Tesco maintenence team already have them so you would think so

taichi

A few more months of using these masks and they will start producing coffins with the tesco logo.

lucgeo

:D :D :D  :D that's funny, put a smile on my face...thanks  ;D ;D ;D
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Stevil

Quote from: taichi on 21-08-20, 08:53PM
A few more months of using these masks and they will start producing coffins with the tesco logo.
hopefully stronger then the tray liners we have, imagine picking the coffin up and the body falling out through the bottom......

taichi

Knowing the quality of tesco products is easy to imagine. Especially if it was the body of one of the super-slim tesco senior managers. :) :) :)

Nomad

Topic is, Tesco face masks.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

grim up north

For those that are wearing a visor, is it more comfortable than a mask or does it steam up and so on?

Jaded and Cynical

I use a visor (not Tesco issued),  being asthmatic it's definitely easier to breath in. I haven't steamed up under it, but you do get hot under them in the warm weather or if you are rushing about, and I have a lovely shiny (oily) face like some spotty teen by the end of my shift. Still prefer it to wearing a mask I can't breath in though.
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
Winston Churchill

taichi

I think that while waiting for wave 2, tesco should have informed employees about the obligation to put on hats and scarves under the threat of disciplinary action. I would also not hesitate to encourage them to wear goggles, rubber boots of course, and preferably a scuba diving suit, but with a breathing tube.

sammy

No more than 10 member of staff are wearing them in my store. And this extra store. A lot of customer are complaining. It was packed In store this weekend. Could hardly move on Saturday should it be unlimited numbers in store?

taichi

Customers do not understand some of our colleagues for whom wearing the mask is a threat to health or even life. Complete lack of empathy. Where are mankind and this poor country going. Man is no longer important - only profit is important now.

taichi

Worth checking out:
Any businesses or staff who challenge people who are not wearing a face mask may end up dealing with someone who has a disability and, depending on how the situation develops, they may find they have committed:

an offence for which they are liable on summary conviction to pay a fine of up to £5,000 - section 112 (Aiding contraventions) of the  Equality Act 2010; and/or

an act of disability discrimination and be ordered to pay to any individual who suffers injury to feelings compensation between £900 and  £9,000 - section 119 (Remedies) of the Equality Act 2010.

gaz123

Robert Onedin.

I think it's stupid for even a short walk you have to put the dreaded mask on.For instance entering the centre you put mask on,past public area you take it off.Take jacket off,clock it etc.Then put the mask on and if on tills behind perspex you can take it off,but say you need to take tag off a whiskey bottle and the tag isn't open.You then have to put mask on for just a few steps sometimes to remove it.Wonder do they even do much good as virus still very much around anyway. :(

taichi

It all has one goal. Brain washing.Obey orders.We know better...1984

King1999

The mind police are everywhere.

taichi

"Wear your mask or we'll meet in the place where there is no darkness", he/she said.We don't know what it means, only that in some way or another it'll come true. 8)

Tossgo

So our store manager has said that from today all staff (excluding medical
Excemptions) must wear a mask at all times. He’s apparently had a conference call yesterday afternoon.
Even when the store is shut and even if you work in an office or out the back away from customers he also says you have to wear one.
Can anyone clarify where this info has come from and if it is true

Morris999

Colleagues must wear a face covering in the following situations in England

1. Shop floor when trading
2. Back areas when 2m cannot be maintained and taking in deliveries.
3. Dot com when driving with a buddy the passenger must wear one, but optional for driver
4.  Dot com when picking up deliveries from back of store and 2m cannot be maintained.

Colleagues do not have to wear face coverings in the following situations

1. When store is closed
2. When working behind a protective Screen, eg. Checkouts
3. Back areas when 2m can be maintained

Optional for colleagues to wear a face covering
1. Dot com when delivering into a customers premises however it is strongly recommended to wear one.

Awaiting government guidance
1. Face visors instead of face coverings.

Scotland and Wales have stated visors can be worn with face coverings but not instead of them, so I’d expect England to follow same rules.

All on comms

Scojor

I'm baffled by the rule that masks are not made to be worn when the stores are closed. After spending months shielding I had to encounter a sunday morning of dot com pickers around me without masks or keeping apart. I'm pleased that it's safe to work on a sunday morning as the virus is having a lay in and only spread by customers!! I was assured that my work place was Covid safe to return.. it seems to me that the only time the rules are followed is when there is an audit!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk