Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 10:00PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,428
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 564
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 560
Total: 562

Snakes/rats/mice/spiders etc in Tesco !

Started by Nomad, 14-07-12, 09:57AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

Baby food recalled by Cow & Gate after furious mum finds INSECTS inside packet

QuoteThe company has warned mums and dads that packets of Sunny Start My First Banana Muesli (from 10 months) with a best before date of 27 September 2016 should not be eaten.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Nomad

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3313710/Worthing-family-discover-Tesco-chicken-contained-innards-waste-half-eaten-corn.html

QuoteThat really is fowl! Family discover their £4.50 Tesco chicken still has its innards, waste and half-eaten corn inside

Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

A couple bought a Tesco frozen turkey for Christmas and found it was already THREE MONTHS past its best before date

QuoteShe said: "I'm more concerned about other people who may have also bought a turkey. When my mother and father-in-law bought theirs the freezer was full, but when they returned there were hardly any left.
check your turkey (and everything else)

QuoteA spokesman for Tesco said: "We set ourselves very high standards for the food we sell and have strict guidelines in place to ensure the best before dates of products are checked regularly.
Very doubtful  (once a year is not enough) or this would not happen so often.  More staff would definitely help.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

metro.co.ukExiled rats from Tesco move into neighbouring houses

QuoteThe families, from Whitehall Avenue in Staffordshire, claim the rats were perfectly happy living in bushes at the back of the Tesco Extra site, but then staff decided to chop down the undergrowth earlier this month.

Suddenly homeless, the rats migrated to houses and gardens next door, with one woman even finding a dead rat in her kitchen.

Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Loki

mmm...

I wonder which members of staff volunteered to destroy the homes of our furry friends?

Probably the other kind of vermin... Options candidates.
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

Nomad

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/485415/woman-finds-dead-maggot-pistachio-nuts-Tesco-viral-bugs-insects

QuoteAccording to the retail giant, it isn't that uncommon to find maggoty creatures like these buried amongst pistachios – and they are in fact "natural and harmless".

Not uncommon  :o well that's me right off packets of pistachios  :thumbdown:
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/man-wasp-allergy-finds-live-7134684

QuoteA man with a wasp allergy found one of the LIVE insects in his Tesco spinach - and was then asked to bring the creature back to the store.

Having been close to someone who suffered from Anaphylaxis after a wasp sting, it's a very serious matter and can be life threatening.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/stunned-tesco-customer-films-mouse-7183692

QuoteThe video of the rodent among the cheese and butter has been viewed over 40,000 times in the past three days

Looking for spiders and avoiding the snakes no doubt.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/636473/Tesco-shopper-potatoes-replaced-shock-surprise

QuoteA SHOPPER could not believe her eyes when she bought a reduced bag of potatoes from Tesco and found a huge rock in it.

Nothing like a rock solid profit  :)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Horrifying find in Tesco shopping causes teenage girl to collapse.

QuoteA family in Essex received a nasty surprise when they took delivery of a recent food delivery from Tesco - a live rat scurrying among the groceries.
A Tesco spokesperson: "Although we're confident this is an isolated incident,............
me thinks this spokesperson needs to get out more and perhaps do a bit more reading.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/6911474/Gum-founded-Security-guard-finds-used-chewing-in-Tesco-salad-AFTER-hed-eaten.html
QuoteA DISGUSTED security guard bit off more than he could chew - when he discovered used CHEWING GUM in his Tesco salad.

Unfortunately Martin Rhodes didn't realise there was a "Tesco Extra" in his lunch until he had chewed the piece of gum himself.

The 19-year-old from Nottingham was intrigued after he bit into something soft and minty while tucking into a ready-made ham, egg, and potato salad.

YUK  :(  :'(
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

gomezz

One of my driver colleagues has a habit of leaving a wad of used chewing gum stuck inside one of the van cubby holes!   >:D
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Nomad

Coulsdon family 'horrified' to find apparent growth in their Tesco organic chicken

QuoteBut when Zoe, who now lives in St Albans with partner Nathan Bird, carved the bird she found two 1cm areas of green meat in the breast.

"I was horrified, disgusted and shocked that something like that could happen," Zoe said. "I was just dumbfounded at how they could sell a chicken for human consumption with that in it.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Ipswich man discovers screw in pack of Tesco chicken

QuoteHe was just about to cook the chicken back at home when he turned a fillet over and claimed he found a small silver screw underneath the meat.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Tesco shopper 'nearly swallows bee' after making shocking discovery in punnet of supermarket raspberries

Quote"We poked it with the end of a pen and it started moving."

Ms Allen and her friend Jennie Bellfield managed to trap the creature in a jar over concerns it could be carrying bacteria and disease because the raspberries had been imported from Morocco.

Something had been busy  :)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Spotted-Tesco-Nottingham-s-biggest-dog/story-28892299-detail/story.html

QuoteThe creature, believed to be an Irish Wolfhound, was seen tied to a railing inside Tesco Express on Maid Marian Way on Tuesday evening - but was so tall it could see over the top of it.

What is the dog doing inside ? it does not look like a guide dog !
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Morris999

Last time I visited Nottingham I saw bigger dogs ;)

Nomad

http://saddind.co.uk/beetle-in-ready-meal-leaves-sour-taste-for-businessman/

QuoteHe explained: "I peeled the plastic film off the container and put it straight in the microwave. The beetle was in the food.

which brings response of

QuoteA Tesco spokesman said: "Following an investigation we are confident the beetle couldn't have been in the spinach when the product was sealed

Sounds like a bit of character assassination to me.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Scuttling crab found on Munch Bunch yoghurts in Tesco delivery

QuoteHarriet Stapley, 30, found the critter chilling out on top of Munch Bunch yoghurt pots amid a collection of bread, milk, salmon and other groceries ordered online.

I know some delivery drivers can get a bit crabby, but is this going to far  :)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nomad

Tesco customer spots something 'crawling on to her plate' out of salad - after she'd 'eaten half of the bag'

QuoteThe customer posted the clip of the unidentified critter crawling around the salad to Tesco's page, along with the caption: "Absolutely horrified that A. This was in your 'Washed ready to eat lettuce' and B. I ate half of the bag before it crawled onto my plate"

And how much of the salad had the bug eaten I wonder  :question: obviously the bug preferred "washed ready to eat salad" also  8-)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

gomezz

You can't have seafood too fresh!
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

Nomad

large elastic band in Tesco microwave meal

QuoteA student who finished his Tesco microwave meal was horrified to find a large chunk of an elastic band in his cottage pie.

Seems his complaint may have been bounced  :o
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Nightmare

I think you're stretching the point, Nomad... I'm sure similar accusations have been 'band'ied about  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk