News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 01:30PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 277
Total: 278

4am starts

Started by Lurker21, 21-06-20, 10:10AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cddriver

Quote from: VladPutin on 26-06-20, 08:02AM
Yeah, drivers do even less work than night shift. Which is saying something.  :D
Again, your ignorance is clearly showing. I'm guessing your store covers a rural area. I'd love to see you TRY and be a driver at a very busy store that covers a big city. Loading and unloading 860kg two or three times a day, up to 34 drops, unloading it, carrying it up flights of stairs, dripping with sweat especially in the heatwave we had last week. You wouldn't last five minutes. Best stick to your lovely air conditioned store.

Hammer10

;D Yes our nice air conditioned stores that don’t work,yes you do a great job and it is hard graft delivering all Over the show up and down stairs you drivers should be double manned when you are working in hot or cold weather what happens when you feel ill due to heat exhaustion or frostbite in the cold.

dotnochance

I’ve heard they are slashing the overtime hours accross the the board, my store slashed overtime on Sunday, pick ran 2 hours over time, what complete f****ng moron thought you know dotcom is pulling in the biggest sales we’ve ever done, I know let’s cuts hours, is it just my area that cut hours or has other stores done this?

dotnochance

Dotcom hours slashed

notsofunny

Quote from: dotnochance on 13-07-20, 06:04PM
I’ve heard they are slashing the overtime hours accross the the board, my store slashed overtime on Sunday, pick ran 2 hours over time, what complete f****ng moron thought you know dotcom is pulling in the biggest sales we’ve ever done, I know let’s cuts hours, is it just my area that cut hours or has other stores done this?

They could be pulling in the biggest sales but are they pulling in the biggest profits ? and i don't think anyone was expecting the hours not to be cut it was just a matter of time it was going to happen in all departments , the cuts have been going on for the last 6 weeks slowly ,first by riding the new starters taken on then with the overtime , sales are returning to normal and don't forget a lot of people have a hell of a lot of tin soup and toilet rolls to use up before they need any more ,,,,,,,,,,,

dotnochance

They might not be pulling the biggest sales, but customers don’t want to come into the store they want online shopping atm, by cutting hours means we can do fewer customers! They will just go to our competitors for their online shopping

Redshoes

Dot.com slots are limited. Lots of people who used to use this can now no longer gets slots. The slots are going out to the extremely vulnerable. This is as it should be but what happens when the extremely vulnerable no longer need the slots. The people who used to use this service may not go back.
For now and going forward it is a service, not a profitable side to the business. Targets will be tough. Hours will be kept to minimum. It will be hard to deliver but it's a matter of delivering with the least financial impact to the company. It will never make a profit so it can only ever go to reducing overheads so it can still be afforded.

gomezz

Quote from: notsofunny on 14-07-20, 02:08AMsales are returning to normal
Only marginally at our store.  Many people having discovered the convenience of having their shopping delivered are sticking with it.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

dotnochance

My store is one of the biggest in scotland and its beyond dead, fridays/sat are like a monday evening, everyone using dotcom! click and collect is getting the same amount of orders per slot (2 hours) that it normally gets in a day, does tesco think customers will come back if they cant get slots? no they will go to asda! tesco yet again thinking of short term over the long term

Merry

CFC temp locust here 😂
We start at 3am and between 3am-6am is the best time to get a decent pick rates while the shelves are full and before 6am locusts start. Then it gets really overcrowded and slower. No social distancing at all. But I like starting at 3am because it means we get to finish at 11am latest and then have all day to sunbathe.
My partner is a temp tesco delivery driver and comparing the two jobs, I think dot com picking sucks because you have team leaders and managers on your back all day long over the turn around, pick rate, damaged and missing items, you just stop for a second to have a sip of water or to say hello to someone and they are straight there. Especially the missing and damaged items are really ruining my will to carry on doing this as I am sure I am packing reasonably well and extra carefully. It is not my fault that the turnaround person or driver drops a crate on my one and breaks several packages of meat at once!! Or when I was on dispatch putting the empty crates into trolleys, you’d surprised how many ‘missing’ items I found left behind in the crates. And do the team leaders care? No.. somebody else already got told off and signed for it.. even when I had the label from the crate, they wouldn’t even look at the missing items list to try to solve the problem. This way, all the blame is on the pickers but I am convinced that many mistakes or staff goes missing due to drivers fault (or as we have many new ones, I wouldn’t be surprised if some items went missing intentionally). Saying that, if I was given the choice, I would still probably stick with picking as it is paid better than temp drivers (which is trully shocking in my opinion).
And yes, they are also cutting overtime at our CFC, we started finishing around 9.30/10am instead of 11am on some days.

dotnochance

The amount of drivers who just take the wrong stack of trays or can’t find their orders in the dispatch area (Even though it is right there) is staggering.  Yeah I’m getting sick of having missing items, I scan item put it in tray it says to put it in... f*** off do I have missing items.  And yes for years pickers have complained about this, nothing is ever done

Welshie

In our store you pick as normal and there are people(covid temps) who pack it after.  As a customer,  I have to say the packing is , interesting,  (isnt that polite)  so if this is happening in all stores , I imagine this could be the cause of missing items .

kayjay

The packing has got really bad. I've received raw meat in the same bag as fruit and veg and my loaf is always squashed under something heavy.

VladPutin

Quote from: dotnochance on 13-07-20, 06:04PM

Dot comedy has always been a loss-leader. Most times you don't make a profit once the price of fuel etc is factored in. Dot comedy only exists as a way of pandering to people too lazy to do their own shopping. It should be shut down; if you can't do your own shopping, starve.

Pnoom

QuoteIt should be shut down; if you can't do your own shopping, starve.

QuoteDrivers are just weak

.....and the resident keyboard warrior/troll strikes again. You must be a real ray of sunshine to work with - is there anybody you don't actively dislike?

dotnochance

Even worse is his racism, why hasn’t he been banned from the forums

Merry

Quote from: Welshie on 22-07-20, 01:02AM
In our store you pick as normal and there are people(covid temps) who pack it after.  As a customer,  I have to say the packing is , interesting,  (isnt that polite)  so if this is happening in all stores , I imagine this could be the cause of missing items .

I like that idea actually, it is so much easier and faster to pick without bagging. But this way has a huge negative to it. These bagging guys won’t care at all if they dump an item into a wrong crate or just take it out and forget to bag it.. then the missing item is still on you as there’s no way of tracking who bagged that crate.

gomezz

As a driver I do appreciate the shopping being bagged as it is safer for us and the customer.  But if there is one thing I would ask is to be careful not use so many bags.  Two bags max per tray seems to be doable though I appreciate some combinations of items may force the use of more.  While customers mostly appreciate the current priorities they can get (justifiably) get a bit shirty when they see loads of bags with only one or two small items in each.

cddriver

Bags are going again soon. Trialling tray liners.

Welshie

Oh I like that idea , I must have 200 bags in a cupboard and that's just through lockdown.

gomezz

Quote from: cddriver on 25-07-20, 09:29PM
Bags are going again soon. Trialling tray liners.
Not sure how that would work for social distancing unless the customers starts hanging on to the tray liners instead of the bags until and when it is deemed safe for us to collect them again?

Welshie

I was assuming the tray liners would be disposable and the customer would just lift it out  and all contents would be in it . My thinking was it would be like an extra large cat litter tray liner 😂

Nomad

And the seas and oceans would be clogged with Tesco disposable tray liners   8-)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Welshie

Ordinarily I'd agree Nomad but the amount of bags per tray is crazy , a liner would be an improvement.

gomezz

Surely someone can come up up with a suitable biodegradable material made from the by-product biomass of farming etc?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk