News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-04-24, 05:41PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,370
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 516
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 393
Total: 398

Job losses.

Started by Nomad, 07-04-09, 07:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BritishRacingGreen

Ashbeck

Quote from: Bobmay on 01-02-23, 04:35AM
Quote from: Sherwoodforest on 01-02-23, 03:19AM@bobmay do you think thats why more staff on days?because you hardly got anything to do on nights?

They continue to hire more people on morn9ng evening. Soon they will be removing nights from even more stores until all stores are either completely removed from nights or twilight. Which is why I suspect is one reason they brought in new contract.

Even with the new contract colleagues can't be moved from nights to days (unless they have said they're willing in their availability). It is an unreasonable request. Nights being removed would be a redundancy situation regardless of the new contract.
Nights are being removed from 12 stores this time around. We are a long way off the company getting rid of nights altogether.

Bobmay

My point was that the direction of Tesco is towards remotely or nights. Which is why the new contract in my opinion was brought in so people in the Mornin and evening can be filling shelves so when night is removed from their store they will be filling. Nights of course will be offered redundancy if they can't work the times needed.

Sherwoodforest

@bobmay I've seen night vacancies for my store online so maybe your telling us your dreams, AGAIN.
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

sensible_woman

Anyone know what criteria was used to decide which night teams should stay and which should go?

Bobmay

Quote from: sensible_woman on 01-02-23, 11:30AMAnyone know what criteria was used to decide which night teams should stay and which should go?

I belive it would be about how much the store spends on staff and how much profit they make.If they dont make much profit or lose more money the store is making that is rhe way they will decide to remove nights. I think the nights that will be removed will mainly come from small stores like former metro stores turned express stores some superstores and maybe 2 or 3 extra

Sherwoodforest

@bobmay you have no real clue what the criteria is for removing nights from stores,so please stop guessing,the criteria isnt"bobmay says express former metros are going to lose nights so lets do that"

NightWorker2022

Quote from: Bobmay on 02-02-23, 12:49PM
Quote from: sensible_woman on 01-02-23, 11:30AMAnyone know what criteria was used to decide which night teams should stay and which should go?

I belive it would be about how much the store spends on staff and how much profit they make.If they dont make much profit or lose more money the store is making that is rhe way they will decide to remove nights. I think the nights that will be removed will mainly come from small stores like former metro stores turned express stores some superstores and maybe 2 or 3 extra

You're just making people who work nights worried about their job going. Just stop you know nothing at all

Redshoes

I think it will be down to deliveries but it's just my guess.  Some store are harder to get deliveries to than others. My guess is that dot com will be a factor too, but there will be numerous factors that go into this.

NeglectedBaker

Soooo bakeries are unaffected in any way according to this forum... Though we have had to run on 69hrs a week in total as a scratch bakery with hot x now due too so cuts were pretty much impossible 😂

Biscuit tin

Bakery rumours doing the rounds again. Remaining Scratch stores going to bake-off? Or more likely all bakeries going completely and Greggs taking over??

Grassman

Please make it happen 🙏

NeglectedBaker

Haven't heard anything myself, but then when do we ever  :-X I have however this week been informed I need to get check out trained (as a box tick exercise and I'll never be called down) which triggered alarm bells.. I've no issue with being checkout trained by the way but funny how I haven't been told in the last 16yrs of baking and you posted this the same week  ???
May just be the 'new' contract t&cs I guess

Bubbles12

Our baker now starts at midnight and finishes his shift at 6am.

Biscuit tin

Very naughty. When they got rid of the night bakery shifts 3 years ago they all qualified for redundancy. Bakers won't this time. Bit dodgy putting one back on there now so they could qualify again as a night worker.

beahead

Customer  service not selling scratch cards anymore, this will mean more job cuts.

penguin

Scratch cards are going from 2024 in general, the new lottery operator is not going to be selling them at all.
Do not let anyone tell you there is not a decent job and life beyond Tesco.

Grassman

Quote from: Biscuit tin on 31-07-23, 12:52PMVery naughty. When they got rid of the night bakery shifts 3 years ago they all qualified for redundancy. Bakers won't this time. Bit dodgy putting one back on there now so they could qualify again as a night worker.
Why wouldn't bakers get redundancy this time round?

Sherwoodforest

@grassman I think they're saying if a store got rid of nights, majority of bakers hours are during the early mornings 2,3 am starts but if a store puts bakers into midnight starts then surely they'd qualify, as the majority of hours are night hours.

Paulie

If they went part bake, surely bakers would be entitled to redundancy.

lucgeo

Quote from: NeglectedBaker on 30-07-23, 09:23PMHaven't heard anything myself, but then when do we ever  :-X I have however this week been informed I need to get check out trained (as a box tick exercise and I'll never be called down) which triggered alarm bells.. I've no issue with being checkout trained by the way but funny how I haven't been told in the last 16yrs of baking and you posted this the same week  ???
May just be the 'new' contract t&cs I guess
Did your employment with Tesco start pre 2005, including the first half of 2005?
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Biscuit tin

Not anymore. They're just going to buyout the skill payment.

Baker52

Quote from: Biscuit tin on 26-07-23, 06:07PMBakery rumours doing the rounds again. Remaining Scratch stores going to bake-off? Or more likely all bakeries going completely and Greggs taking over??
In our store today
Someone in a suit was photographing all machines in our Bakery, He said it was to refurbish for smaller stores.?

Sherwoodforest

@baker52 cant see why you,d photograph old machinery for a refurb unless it was for your own store,as size,layouts different in all bakeries

jonty

Quote from: Baker52 on 25-09-23, 05:34PM
Quote from: Biscuit tin on 26-07-23, 06:07PMBakery rumours doing the rounds again. Remaining Scratch stores going to bake-off? Or more likely all bakeries going completely and Greggs taking over??
In our store today
Someone in a suit was photographing all machines in our Bakery, He said it was to refurbish for smaller stores.?
Maybe they're sending it to Ukraine? LOL https://bakeryinfo.co.uk/equipment/tesco-donates-equipment-to-bakers-in-ukraine/680295.article

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk