News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

25-04-24, 01:26AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,899
  • Latest: dezza
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,408
  • Total Topics: 638
  • Online today: 556
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 464
Total: 466

Job losses.

Started by Nomad, 07-04-09, 07:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talisman

Nights are being informed tonight

NightGrafter

Has anyone's store actually had there nights moved to twilights/days this time around? As it sounds like it's just been management & counters affected

Sherwoodforest

Nope,im atill plodding on,is no news good news?nights is the future,sit back and enjoy
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

stockcontroller

No one tell Bobmay he'll be devastated after spamming on here for the last few months.

happyone

Are nights are still staying its just manager in are store

kaled78

there were trials where frozen and h&b were moved to days,not sure if the trials are completed yet,and if it will get rolled out accross all stores,but it would not surprise me if it happens and they slowly move each aisle onto days

Mickymouse1962

Shame security not going there are only 15 or 20 people that are Tesco security in the company I would take redundancy in  a flash

Bobmay

Quote from: Tesco gimp on 30-01-23, 10:31PM
Quote from: chris9997 on 30-01-23, 06:23PMThere has been a lot written about management changes, any news on night shifts.
Nights won't be informed for another two weeks due to timescales etc if your store is losing nights it will be after Easter weekend they leave

Why is that? I have just heard from somone who stated they are removing night and getting redundancy.

anais

Nights in extra's are staying and no redundancy

Bobmay

I don't know about extras but many Tesco are removing nights now.  I suspect now it small Tesco like express stores former metros and some superstores.  Tesco has announced they will be removing nights from 12 more stores today.  They will also be removing pharmacy jobs from some Tesco and will also be removing many managers from many stores.  In total Tesco states 350 will be effected by this change.  Expect more to come soon either this year or next.  More cuts are coming.

BritishRacingGreen

Still with the unfounded scare tactics then Bobmay?

Juicecorner

Bobmay will not rest until every nightshift has been made redundant.

BritishRacingGreen

Tesco gimp

Quote from: NightGrafter on 31-01-23, 02:12AMHas anyone's store actually had there nights moved to twilights/days this time around? As it sounds like it's just been management & counters affected
[/quote
Yes was informed around this time last year of hours removed due to simplification of routines then two weeks later where back in an office to be told that there was more and we would lose nights if any store is losing there nightshift they will not be told at the moment as they will wait until the 45 day consultation lands on Easter Saturday

Tesco gimp

Quote from: Talisman on 30-01-23, 10:57PMNights are being informed tonight
No they won't the only people who will have been briefed last night where those affected if a store is losing there nightshift it won't be announced for at least another two weeks this happened to our store and another in our group last year

Juicecorner

Quote from: Tesco gimp on 31-01-23, 08:14PM
No they won't the only people who will have been briefed last night where those affected if a store is losing there nightshift it won't be announced for at least another two weeks this happened to our store and another in our group last year
they have announced the 12 stores are losing there nightshift

Tesco gimp

Quote from: Juicecorner on 31-01-23, 08:53PM
Have they said which ones ???

Juicecorner

Quote from: Tesco gimp on 31-01-23, 09:12PM
Quote from: Juicecorner on 31-01-23, 08:53PM
Have they said which ones ???

Not that i have seen.

I just now my manager was informed our stores new night structure will be 2 managers and 2 shift leaders.

So i would assume that our store is not going to day fill but you just never no with this company

Bobmay

Quote from: Tesco gimp on 30-01-23, 10:31PM
Quote from: chris9997 on 30-01-23, 06:23PMThere has been a lot written about management changes, any news on night shifts.
Nights won't be informed for another two weeks due to timescales etc if your store is losing nights it will be after Easter weekend they leave

You have been proven incorrect it is happening now.for 12 stores

Bobmay

Quote from: Happyshopper on 30-01-23, 07:56PMAny news what's happening with Express format ? Or is it just metro ,superstore and extra stores affect this time ?

It you have nights left in express store than they will be removing it.

Sherwoodforest

@bobmay speculation speculation speculation ,i heard theyre keeping express nights as theyre cheap to run overnight >:(

Bobmay

Quote from: Sherwoodforest on 01-02-23, 02:20AM@bobmay speculation speculation speculation ,i heard theyre keeping express nights as theyre cheap to run overnight >:(

They aren't cheap for example in my store I get 15.60 an hour for night shift on saturdays and on sundays I get nearly 14 an hour. We rent have much delivery as before we used to get 3 fresh deliveries minimum sometimes 4 delivery for fresh. Now we only get 1 fresh delivery. We also get 1 grocery delivery no more than 20 cages between  10 people a night.

Sherwoodforest

@bobmay do you think thats why more staff on days?because you hardly got anything to do on nights?

Bobmay

Quote from: Sherwoodforest on 01-02-23, 03:19AM@bobmay do you think thats why more staff on days?because you hardly got anything to do on nights?

They continue to hire more people on morn9ng evening. Soon they will be removing nights from even more stores until all stores are either completely removed from nights or twilight. Which is why I suspect is one reason they brought in new contract.

Duff McKagan

My store, a small to mid sized superstore we have been told that we are keeping our Night Shift but moving forward will only have 1 manager and 3 shift leaders. General assistants on nights are unaffected in our store, no job losses or redundancies.

In the day time they will lose 3 team managers and the deputy store manager/ lead manager and gain 1 additional shift leader.

I have put in a special request with head office that Bobmay be transferred to my store with immediate effect so he may continue on nights without fear of redundancy in the near future.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk