News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 01:38AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,127
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 311
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 296
Total: 297

Vanishing overtime

Started by Tazd9t9, 12-04-23, 08:57AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tazd9t9

Logged into extra hours market this morning and my overtime booked passed this weekend has vanished has this happened to anyone else?

Teddybonkers

Why not get a proper job where you don't need to engage with this nonsense to make a living?

BritishRacingGreen

Funnily enough - I consider what I do a 'proper job' Bonkers.
It's happened to me occasionally Taz -  possibly when someone has been updating shifts on the app. Check with you LM.

Tazd9t9

Thanks will check tomorrow when I'm in I suspect that is what has happened as LM has definitely been on there adding other overtime etc.

dairyfresh

I know this week at our store there was an issue with system it wiped everyone's OT

Tazd9t9

Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).   Admin.

That may be it then I'm not sure when it actually got wiped as I only noticed it today.

Tazd9t9

Apparently a change in my contracted hours on there would have done it but have been told not to go in for any of the overtime without speaking to individual managers who I don't see as I work nights.... I give up

Teddybonkers

Quote from: BritishRacingGreen on 12-04-23, 04:26PMFunnily enough - I consider what I do a 'proper job' Bonkers.
It's happened to me occasionally Taz -  possibly when someone has been updating shifts on the app. Check with you LM.

Funny what people regard as a proper job these days. Try getting a mortgage or a loan, going on a decent holiday or saving any money. And you can forget any chance of a career now. No, they're not proper job,s. They're only good for school leavers, students, housewives and the semi retired who just need a bit of walking about money. For anyone else, don't waste your time - get a proper job. ;)

Tazd9t9

Quote from: Teddybonkers on 14-04-23, 03:33PM
Quote from: BritishRacingGreen on 12-04-23, 04:26PMFunnily enough - I consider what I do a 'proper job' Bonkers.

Funny what people regard as a proper job these days. Try getting a mortgage or a loan, going on a decent holiday or saving any money. And you can forget any chance of a career now. No, they're not proper job,s. They're only good for school leavers, students, housewives and the semi retired who just need a bit of walking about money. For anyone else, don't waste your time - get a proper job. ;)
wow you really are rude aren't you?!

BritishRacingGreen

I don't need a mortgage or a loan. I spend my holidays as I wish and am able to save.
I'm not a school leaver, a student, a housewife or semi- retired. I don't waste any of my time except perhaps on here reading trash from folks like you who seem to think anonymity allows them to hide behind past insecurities and write whatsoever they wish so #RockOnTommy. Oh and I'm not on benefits.

Nomad

Please return to the subject 'vanishing overtime'.  >:(
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

BritishRacingGreen

Joe Lytton

Hi newbie here.I live in Ireland,you guys still get overtime paid generally?.
I am staff and worked for the happy company years and overtime here just means time owed off.
I don't get paid beyond 39 hours a week,so no point doing extra as far as I am concerned.
No paid overtime so why would you do it otherwise?.

Tazd9t9

Joe I don't have a fulltime contract thats why I do extra hours I'm not talking about doing over 39 hours

Anyway its been sorted now

neo1ite

If someone has keyed a permanent amendment to your contract hours or updated your availability windows and set the start date for within the next four weeks then the system removes all overtime.  >:(

Superscatty

How do you get it back I can't see any extra shifts on my app but my hours have just changed as closing at 9 now not 10
In PFS how do I get extra shifts back on app does anyone know

Superscatty

How do you get the overtime back on I have no extra shifts and they have done amendment to my contract hours

Tazd9t9

My manager put it back on for me as he had no idea why it vanished in the first place

lucky 456

Hi can anyone help, I have worked 3 extra shifts but have only been paid for 1 extra , spoke to my line manager and it would appear that the overtime has disappeared from the system, although it is on the extra hours (showing as orange)when I log in to my calendar, is there a way my clocking in and out for the month can be checked ? Any help would be appreciated

oldfashionedplayer

you should be able to ask for a print out request.

under the consolidating overtime into contracted hours you should be able to request it as a basis to know:

"A colleague can ask their manager to download a report of any overtime they have worked from My Tesco (accessible by the manager on the Manager Dashboard on the Work & Pay system - 'Overtime Working Hours Report'), and if there are shifts that qualify, they can request a meeting with their manager to ask for these hours permanently.  The manager should organise the meeting as soon as possible and provide a response within 3 weeks of the request.

A colleague can request a meeting once every 3 months."

https://colleague-help.ourtesco.com/hc/en-us/articles/5637482659484-Guide-to-the-Tesco-store-CFC-hourly-paid-colleague-contract

also this is wise to know and these bits cut down from it:

5. Cancelling Extra Hour Shifts
Colleagues who have picked up extra hours from the EHM can cancel them up to 48 hours before the shift is due to be worked. They do this by speaking to their manager. Eventually colleagues will be able to do this via the system.

In the unusual event where the overtime shift is no longer required, this may not be cancelled any later than 72 hours prior to the shift, and where the company does cancel an EHM shift within 48 hours, the colleague will still be paid for the shift. However, colleagues and managers can mutually agree to modify the shift, for example, moving the shift back an hour on the day."

so if you get told the day before for example that your not needed = paid for all hours you picked up. company has to give atleast 72 hours notice and you've got to give atleast 48 hours notice :)

whatajoke2019

In addition to what oldfashionedplayer has said, when did you work your overtime shifts?

If it was last week (for example) they'll appear as retro on next month's payslip because they'll have missed the pay roll cut off.

lucky 456

Thank you for your replies,Yes I worked the overtime shifts and one shift will be carried forward to next month.

Seymee

Frog changed last week I believe. If a shift gets manually added rather than being picked up legit from extra hours then it flashes up for the Store Manager to see so he/her can then delete it and b*****k the person who manually put it out there. Its all part of the new world order.

So if you are a team support/shift leader/manager do not ever manually allocate a shift now cos you will be found out.

Horrendous123

I look forward to this being executed. Productivity and morale will slide drastically.

Trouble is with Tesco they think a one size fits all model will work in all stores and it doesnt. They also think a £11/ hour ga thinks and acts in the same way as a director getting paid £100k's if not millions a year.

They also think everyone performs equally well in all sections irrelevant of age/ gender/ physical/ mental ability.

There is no allowance for late deliveries, difference in store layout or implications of scenarios their ill-thought out demands will cause.

I look forward to it being a huge success  :D

fatlad

So much for holidays being bookable on ourtesco from today

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk