Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

30-04-24, 12:18AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,434
  • Total Topics: 641
  • Online today: 297
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 286
Total: 286

Team Managers about to get demoted-lose pay!

Started by markwinters, 29-12-22, 11:06AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teddybonkers

Thanks for the clarification Stirl1. Hope you guy's get it sorted. :thumbup:  Absolutely disgraceful from Tesco as usual.  >:D

Nightworker

Quote from: Stirl1 on 03-06-23, 06:30PMTeddybonkers for those that started pre April 1991 you work the first year with no holiday pay which should have been repaid when we left the company.
I too haven't received holidays in lieu
Also I believe we are entitled to 8 days bank hol in lieu 60hrs
Pre march 1991 ex employees

lucgeo

Unbelievable this is still happening ???

Were reps not in these meetings with you? This should have been asked by your rep when discussing your benefits and holidays hours owing, and the calculations given should have clearly included a printout of accrued hours owing! Every store wages clerk would be able to access this information on request!

Trouble with Tesco that once you've left, it's really hard to get any response from the store, and now you can't just walk in and go to the SM you'll end up being directed to the head office wage dept in Mumbai!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Elly1519

lucgeo
Wages clerks do not have access to anything relating to managers. Only SMs and Group PMs do.

chrissy1223

Has any Manager who has recently been made redundant 57,000 payout but had 10,000 tax and N.I deducted

NorthbyNorthwest

As everyone else ( pre '91 start ) has experienced, I was not paid my 216 accrued holiday hours. Have contacted SM and he will sort, but a few questions for us to discuss, or some may have the answers to.
Will we receive payment straight away, or do we have to wait until Tesco's pay day?
As we are no longer employed by Tesco, does this go through PAYE, or will it be a one off payment where we would have to sort any tax/NI liabilities?
Finally, does anyone feel that even though you may have highlighted this accrued holiday as a potential issue in your meetings, Tesco yet again have not got the systems or ability to not make a c**k up?

Nightworker

There will be a lot of store managers getting texted today I imagine.
Also another question as it is holiday pay in lieu will it be based on the average of your last 12 weeks pay or will they now just take it from your basic pay upon leaving.  If you worked regular overtime this could be anther £1k or more in holiday pay in lieu.

Supperapollo

So after a very lengthy phone call with hmrc they have confirmed too much tax was paid and I'm getting the refund of £4,500 back 7-10 days they were very helpful
Tel:- 0300 200 3300 you just need to be patient as the call took 60 mins good luck!!

Ladyluck

Quote from: chrissy1223 on 04-06-23, 10:28PMHas any Manager who has recently been made redundant 57,000 payout but had 10,000 tax and N.I deducted
Yes and have been in contact with tax office. They have told me Tesco have messed up with start of employment date. I have emailed the store to re do the form as tax office can not do anything until this is done . It has meant I am nearly 7 thousand short .

Night Owl

Has anyone who was due accrued holiday pay actually received it along with the rest of their redundancy pay?
I have raised a ticket via colleague help phone number, as well as SM-Group People Partner, colleague help said they will ring me back in the next few days with an update, and it will be paid in the June pay cycle. I suspect it will be paid on emergency tax code. Also NI will be 12%, if it had been paid with the redundancy NI would only have been 2% due to the upper earnings limit, so probably losing £300+ in extra NI.

Typical of T***O, but will anyone at Head office be held to account over this, will we receive any apology???

PurpleRose

Has anyone else who works in admin lost their people access in the latest upgrade?

Elly1519

PurpleRose
It came down on Comms a few weeks ago. We spoke to our FSP and she said it was just access to personal details, etc. Should still have access to absences, etc.

Seymee

Quote from: PurpleRose on 05-06-23, 08:11PMHas anyone else who works in admin lost their people access in the latest upgrade?
Its a default, basically to remove access to sensitive info to those who perhaps shouldn't have it but never had it removed.

I believe those who need it will get store manager approval for it to be reinstated. Basically outside of direct day to day wages/admin colleagues no one other than the managers should have People Access.

WAGs

Access to Work & Pay is being removed from Admins.  So I can only assume its due to Wage Clerk's and their Premium whilst their job decreases!  Hopefully, they will find out what's happening soon!

PurpleRose

Its been given back to me, looks like its store manager discretion. I'm officially classed as Admin but I cover wages two days a week so need access.

Wages role is decreasing. I can get the exceptions done in less than half an hour and as the bulk of remaining Wages stuff is now all on the app its a role that you can see is being phased out bit by bit.

Night Owl

Had a reply today on my 216 accrued holiday hours. It is being paid 23rd June normal pay cycle. The amount equates to contracted hourly rate, not average earnings. At least it will cover the cost of my summer holiday this year. How are others doing recovering their accrued holiday pay???

2ndtimeround

I've asked the question about it been missing but not had the answer yet.
Has anyone at all received it?, as I'm only aware of people that haven't on our group.

Nightworker

Just had my confirmation through for 216 days accrued hols being paid on next pay cycle.
Paid at basic rate and not average earnings

Checkout Superstar

Quote from: WAGs on 06-06-23, 01:55PMAccess to Work & Pay is being removed from Admins.  So I can only assume its due to Wage Clerk's and their Premium whilst their job decreases!  Hopefully, they will find out what's happening soon!
I believe if a store has only one wage clerk then admin assistants will still be given access to cover sickness/holidays etc

A trial for the way wages will work started in test stores this week. Its really simple. For example if an overtime shift appears as an exception you don't need to update Frog. This clearly indicates to me that if rolled out in all stores then Wages Clerk will go next March.

Jamesowhiteo

Is anyone here based in one of these trail stores? Or anyone able to fully explain what wages looks like in the trail?

PurpleRose

I'm not part of the trial but my understanding is that rather than having to update Absence and Frog all wages will have to do is Click a confirm button on the new look tam to verify the exception reason. Should mean exceptions take no longer than 20 mins a day.

BobbyDazler

So if all Admins have lost access to work and pay who covers for the wages clerk when they go on holiday or off sick?

is this another thing they didn't think through?

PurpleRose

Store Manager will give an admin access, as they have with me, but in theory the managers are to start doing it themselves.

The Wages role in my view will actually be gone by October this year.

Billybookstock

Not sure if anyone else has discovered this, the average wage for the redundancy calculation was taken up to 31st March. However we/I did not get the redundancy notice till 24th April. As we were still in consultation until 24th April, hours worked should be included.

May not be important to some but I worked so much overtime to boost my redundancy within that period and for it not to be included was a bitter pill to swallow. I am challenging this with my store.

NorthbyNorthwest

Tried the HMRC number above to see if I could receive a tax refund. On the phone for 45 minutes and got cut off!
Has anyone else called and got confirmation of money coming back to them?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk