News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 08:52AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 301
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 299
Total: 304

Tested positive

Started by elasticspy, 27-09-22, 11:54PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elasticspy

So I tested positive today, I'm a CDD so I deliver to vulnerable people as well as working with them.

Policy says we're not go to return for 5 days... yet we've had people working in our store with covid just wearing a mask..

What should I do? Because I'm at a loss for what I should do. (Firs time I've had covid so I should consider myself lucky...)

Tesc0Wow

It's your decision, the advice is to isolate however Tesco can't stop you from coming to work however if you do they'll likely want you to wear a mask.

Basically it's upto you, come in if you feel well enough to work. Or isolate if you don't/want to be careful. Bare in mind it's just coded as Sick now so you'll only get standard sick pay.

Sherwoodforest

If its a contagious virus tesco says stay off for 5 days no grey area saying tesco cant stop you coming to work at all,
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

londoner83

It's basically up to you. There is no requirement to test now so employee A could well be working alongside you with covid as they haven't tested, whilst employee B who has is in the dilemma you are.

kaled78

also you won't get paid for your first 3 days off if you are a newish employee

lucgeo

This should always have been correct procedure  8-)  but as usual, you'll get the colleague who braved it out to come to work, thinking they're some sort of trooper for doing so, then they'll be used as the shining example of dedication in not letting the team down, for anyone weak enough to take time off sick! Well if the stupid trooper hadn't turned up in the first place spreading the virus about, sickness wouldn't be so high instore!

I once had flu ( yes it was flu!) during a bank holiday week...a silly manager trying to discredit me for not producing a non required sick note, asking why, if I'd been so unwell, I hadn't been to the doctors or A&E to be signed off, stupid person :-X
I " innocently " asked the PM if this was now Tesco policy, to present to A&E with a contagious virus for proof of illness ??? Silly manager was promptly read the riot act  ;)
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

elasticspy

Quote from: Tesc0Wow on 28-09-22, 02:16AMIt's your decision, the advice is to isolate however Tesco can't stop you from coming to work however if you do they'll likely want you to wear a mask.

Basically it's upto you, come in if you feel well enough to work. Or isolate if you don't/want to be careful. Bare in mind it's just coded as Sick now so you'll only get standard sick pay.

I just phoned them up, told them I had it, no reply so I blurted out that I won't be in for a few days, they told me to ring them every day

Quote from: Sherwoodforest on 28-09-22, 06:56AMIf its a contagious virus tesco says stay off for 5 days no grey area saying tesco cant stop you coming to work at all,

Like I said, my issue was that we have had people working with it. And it's not exactly clear :(.

Quote from: londoner83 on 28-09-22, 07:34AMIt's basically up to you. There is no requirement to test now so employee A could well be working alongside you with covid as they haven't tested, whilst employee B who has is in the dilemma you are.

Tell me about it. Should still be a thing that you can't come to work. I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

Quote from: kaled78 on 28-09-22, 07:38AMalso you won't get paid for your first 3 days off if you are a newish employee

I've got a good understanding partner hah

Quote from: lucgeo on 28-09-22, 07:44AMThis should always have been correct procedure  8-)  but as usual, you'll get the colleague who braved it out to come to work, thinking they're some sort of trooper for doing so, then they'll be used as the shining example of dedication in not letting the team down, for anyone weak enough to take time off sick! Well if the stupid trooper hadn't turned up in the first place spreading the virus about, sickness wouldn't be so high instore!

I once had flu ( yes it was flu!) during a bank holiday week...a silly manager trying to discredit me for not producing a non required sick note, asking why, if I'd been so unwell, I hadn't been to the doctors or A&E to be signed off, stupid person :-X
I " innocently " asked the PM if this was now Tesco policy, to present to A&E with a contagious virus for proof of illness ??? Silly manager was promptly read the riot act  ;)

I honestly can't wait for that talk, I'll just rip into them because they are telling me to disregard colleague health and potentially spread it by being in contact with customers

lucgeo

You should also remind them they are NOT medically trained, and it is YOUR right to decide if YOUR health and well-being would suffer if you attended?
It's YOUR body, YOUR decision  >:(
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

elasticspy

Please do not quote immediately prior post(s).  .Admin.

I'll say to you what I've said to my colleagues in the past, if I knew how bad Tesco was to work for I would have never left my old job.

so I rang the duty number and spoke to them, I told them I wont be in for a few days and I was told that I need to keep in touch with them - why? they know its 5 days minimum surely?

oldfashionedplayer

So policy has been updated since colleagues and management have been saying "its only should", and have ZERO care for others.. so while the coronavirus policy states you "should not attend work and should isolate for 5 days minimum" the sickness absence policy states this (Note the one I made BOLD and UNDERLINED and the WORDING) :

Notifiable diseases (appendix B)
The following conditions are notifiable diseases.  Whilst Tesco is not required to notify health protection authorities, as this will be completed by the medical practitioner who completes the diagnosis, colleagues must not attend the workplace if they believe they have contracted one of these diseases.

As an employer we have a duty under the Health & Safety at Work Act to ensure the health and safety and welfare of our employees as far as it is reasonably practicable.  Our colleagues also have duties to each other under that act to take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and other colleagues.  Colleagues may therefore be sent home if their manager believes that they may have one of these conditions.

Our normal sickness absence procedures will continue to apply when the colleague returns, regardless of being instructed or not to attend work by a manager.

Acute encephalitis
Acute meningitis
Acute poliomyelitis
Acute infectious hepatitis
Anthrax
Botulism
Brucellosis
Cholera
COVID-19
Diphtheria
Enteric fever (typhoid or paratyphoid fever)
Food poisoning
Haemolytic uraemic syndrome (HUS)
Infectious bloody diarrhoea
Invasive group A streptococcal disease and scarlet fever
Legionnaires' Disease
Leprosy
Malaria
Measles
Meningococcal septicaemia
Monkey Pox
Mumps
Plague
Rabies
Rubella
SARS
Smallpox
Tetanus
Tuberculosis
Typhus
Viral haemorrhagic fever (VHF)
Whooping cough
Yellow fever

https://colleague-help.ourtesco.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005208086-Sickness-absence-policy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk