News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

20-08-22, 02:45AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 30,327
  • Total Topics: 555
  • Online today: 51
  • Online ever: 660
  • (06-06-21, 01:57AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 31
Total: 31

CSD moving

Started by beahead, 14-07-22, 06:31PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whatajoke2019

This happened before I started at the Big T but we were always warned against it/made to sign a sheet as a bloke who'd been with the company donkeys years kept some stuff back for later on and was given the boot by their manager.

Mind you... nothing ever happened to the bloke (who has since retired) who purposely used to damage/hide stock and put it behind the pharmacy (how he never set the intruder alarms off I'll never know because if something ever fell over in there it went off!)

Back on topic and a Sainsbury's I stopped off at the other day have moved their CSD/Tobacco kiosk within metres of the self serve/smart shop checkouts now.

snufflesthebear

I think the CSD/Kiosk is on its last legs. In all my ten years working on there I've never known there to be as many clothing returns and F&F won't open their fitting rooms. We are down to a single person serving 8-5 then 5-10. We can't get returns put back. We can't get our cigarette delivery put away. Everyone on the department is stressed. We've gone from having 14 staff to 5 and were still told we are over hours. We are a large extra. We are busy all day and all night. Something is really off about this and the way the CSD is being treated. All of our equipment and tills have faults and have had them for years and despite them being logged they never get fixed.

Store manager doesn't care. Forum meetings don't do anything. CSD manager doesn't care. It's just rubbish

lucgeo

Who is covering your breaks, toilet breaks  ???
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

snufflesthebear

Usually falls to checkout team leaders. When someone is off sic/holiday, the store manager doesn't give our overtime to cover the shifts. But they somehow find overtime to have colleagues "greet" people to talk about aisles moving aka walk around talking to colleagues.

LittleMiss

We are a small superstore, selling lots of lotto and tobacco and so many returns on stupid items it's unreal. We single man most of the time and say we are over hours. We have a Friday evening shift, Saturday afternoon/evening shift and Sunday shift that no one is even contracted to so unless their covered by overtime they are screwed. Where overtime has been cut they have had to shut the desk by 7.30pm on a Saturday. There's is no room by tills for the desk to be moved. I would love for the people in their suits who sit behind a desk all day who decide on this and that to work in our shoes for couple days, they would realise what stress everyone is under. It's only going to get worse.

Batmanjo

Quote from: snufflesthebear on 26-07-22, 05:17PMI think the CSD/Kiosk is on its last legs. In all my ten years working on there I've never known there to be as many clothing returns and F&F won't open their fitting rooms. We are down to a single person serving 8-5 then 5-10. We can't get returns put back. We can't get our cigarette delivery put away. Everyone on the department is stressed. We've gone from having 14 staff to 5 and were still told we are over hours. We are a large extra. We are busy all day and all night. Something is really off about this and the way the CSD is being treated. All of our equipment and tills have faults and have had them for years and despite them being logged they never get fixed.

Store manager doesn't care. Forum meetings don't do anything. CSD manager doesn't care. It's just rubbish

I would think "they" have many reasons for moving the C/S desk.
One being they will have the option to utilise the desk as alternative to manned checkouts for when the AXE comes down on manned checkouts and they are all changed to self service.
I believe it is also to save on redundancies of C/S staff hence the union agreement to change T & C for contracts, just like Mark Antony stabbed Caesar in the back the Union have hit even lower levels with their ultimate sell out to all staff without even a vote on this contentious legislation. They will just keep pushing the older staff out given every chance the Union gives or helps them with.
All staff in the future will be on minimum hour contracts and will only get over time if you are part of the click. :thumbdown:     

Redshoes

As from Oct when we are able to recruit we need to aim to give out minimum of 16 hour contracts. Before we can do this we need to offer out the hours to first of all colleague on less than 16 hours but once we have done this the hours can go to those on over 16 hours. Colleagues need to show increased availability before they can take on these hours, for a four hour additional shift you need to show six hours availability.
For a while now we have been briefed on aiming to give out higher contracted contracted shifts, for festive temps and roles that will probable become permanent. There just has to be a bit of give and take. If the hours are 1700-2100 we can't give to someone who wants more hours but won't work evenings. If the hours are needed on a sat we can't give out on a Tues.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk