News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 05:06PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,116
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 304
Total: 307

CSD skill payment

Started by Woody00, 07-04-22, 01:46AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woody00

Hi

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask this.

I've been with the company since August last year and work on checkouts.

I've recently over the last few months been doing shifts in the customer service desk mostly 8 hour days.

I was wondering am I meant to receive a skills payment for the hours I've done in the desk?
I asked a fellow colleague and was told that only people on old contracts receive this?!

Rumblerumble

Everyone should receive a skills payment if they do a role that includes it.

bette01

Our checkout staff get skilled payment if they are on desk

lucgeo

@Woody00

You should be paid the higher rate for the cover on CSD.

If you haven't been receiving the higher amount, this is something you should be taking this up with your manager ASAP.
It could just be an oversight, ( hmmmm) but give them a chance to rectify. Is your checkout manager also the CSD manager?

Make a note of all the times you have covered the desk, they will have your sign on times to clarify. Ask for a let's talk with your manager to request all back payments. If you are a union member, ask them to support you with this issue.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

century99

I am pretty much in the same situation. Started work in Sept last year. Trained on checkout then self serve/SAYS then petrol and finally CSD. My first couple of shifts were classed as training and I was told I wouldn't get the skills payment for them (fair enough I thought to be honest) once I was covering a shift as a CSD I got (and still get) the skills payment. You should get it especially if you do a lone shutdown of the desk ever.

AudiTTman

It's about time this skills pay was taken away, they do nothing more than what checkouts colleagues do, in fact, sometimes they stand there doing nothing. Get rid of $ grade now

frase344

Would it not be better to increases others' wages instead of cutting theirs?

HalloweenJack

Quote from: AudiTTman on 07-04-22, 09:06PM
It's about time this skills pay was taken away, they do nothing more than what checkouts colleagues do, in fact, sometimes they stand there doing nothing. Get rid of $ grade now

Glad to see you have no idea what service team actually do, but ofc , have an opinion.

Nomad

Green eyed monsters coming out  :o  8-)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

pitdiver

As a former checkout operator I wouldn't want to work on the Desk, thank you. All the flak they get not for me.
I know what sort of issues thay have to deal with as my wife was a Shift Leader in an express.

lucgeo

The skills payment is in recognition of how complex some of the issues they deal with are! It's not just about serving or refunding an overcharge. At one time they used to deal with Tesco banking deposits, and other in depth services.
They are the face of the in store complaint's, dealing with the irate customer whose shopping experience hasn't pleased them! Checking overcharging by going and locating the SEL... most of the time, they will be left on their own to deal with it all, as the queue builds up, but no one is trained to support!

Same as the CSD colleagues couldn't go and bake off a batch of bread, fillet a fish, or de bone and prepare a meat joint, even though they were on the same skill rate!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

AudiTTman

Can you actually tell me what they do now, no more click and collect, hardly any money deposits, hardly see any hard returns as the system does it for them, so tell me why they should get more. They used to be a YES desk but now they constantly bombard the managers with "is it ok to do this" or " can you deal with this", if they don't get rid off it then I agree, all should be made same!

barafear

Quote from: frase344 on 08-04-22, 12:28AM
Would it not be better to increases others' wages instead of cutting theirs?

Clearly, we know that Tesco are not going to raise the base pay rate (B/C grade) to the level that CSD staff get (incl their skills payments)

rogerthedodger

Skilled on the desk always makes me laugh, 90% of desk stay in 90% of stores are the laziest and most miserable in the store, it always makes me laugh

NightAndDay

Isn't the whole skills payment a bit redundant now, if the last few pay reviews are anything to go by, with the exception of drivers, the nominal increase has been the same as what the ca got (and in turn, the lauded pay increase in percent terms is less than advertised for skilled roles.)

The pay differentials are dropping pay review to pay review, though the nominal difference remains the same, the real value difference is decreasing.

Cbatt566

That's why when anyone kicks off in the PFS we send them to CSD. They get paid more so can deal with it. Bye

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk