News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

20-08-22, 04:25AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 30,327
  • Total Topics: 555
  • Online today: 51
  • Online ever: 660
  • (06-06-21, 01:57AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 29
Total: 29

Retirement

Started by The hooch, 23-03-22, 09:52PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The hooch

I am due to retire and wondered if I will get any holiday pay that I have accrued ..I've used all this years ....

BUY TESLA STOCK

Maybe you'll get a years worth as a nice send off. They could never get the wages right in my store. You'd work the same hours and have a different take home wage every pay day.

lucgeo

Quote from: The hooch on 23-03-22, 09:52PM
I am due to retire and wondered if I will get any holiday pay that I have accrued ..I've used all this years ....

You should be paid any holiday not taken before you leave. This should be worked out for your final leaving date. If you have worked for the company a long time, and worked time in hand when you started, this should be paid at the rate and hours you now work, and not the hours/rate of when you started. If this is the case, then you should ask you manager or rep, to assist in claiming back that time as pay BEFORE you leave, as once you leave any monies outstanding will become very difficult to liaise with your store and payroll in claiming it back!

If you are retiring at the full retirement age, I hope you were given a fifth of your working week hours off, fully paid for the last six months??
Also of note, if you are at full retirement age, and your age plus the years worked with the company add up to 80 then you keep your discount card for life.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

The hooch

Thanks for your sensible and well written reply. I did work a week in hand back in 1997 when I started working for Stressco. I will look into that. And yes I have reduced my hours and I definitely have worked long enough to retain my discount card for life..( however long that may be after 25 years working  on nights )..I still dont know if I will get any holiday pay that I have built up for next year though??

MissMaccy

Your holiday entitlement is earned as you go through the year, so for example if you complete 3 months of the next holiday year and took no holiday, you'd be paid 1/4 of your annual entitlement.

The hooch

Well after 25 years I have finally retired. I have no idea what my pay will be next ( and last ) payday.
I'm presuming I will get the bonus and hopefully my week in hand from all those years ago. I should get a bit of holiday pay but I had no exit meeting so was told nothing.
I thought I would be informed of stuff I needed to know like...what do I do with my new uniform that I've worn 13 times and how I go about keeping my discount card etc etc
I was also put back into the new pension scheme a couple of months ago and need to get that back. I have phoned the pensions who seem unaware that I have left.
I attempted to phone colleague help who also seem unaware that I have left. Maybe I will get an AWAL letter. ..better still I could phone in sick as I was on the old contract and therefore got paid the first 3 days. Also on the My Shift app I'm still supposed to be  in..lol

Tesla

The current Store Manager at Silverburn should retire.

lucgeo

Happy retirement The hooch  :thumbup:

It could be that you haven't yet been processed as a leaver until your final pay, when you should have all monies and holiday pay.
If you informed your store of your accrued weeks pay, from when you started, this should also be paid at the same time.

You are expected to return your uniform, though mine went in the bin as it was that old, I've kept the fleece, it does for outside work in the winter!

Your pensions are a bit hit and miss...I took my defined out a few years ago, when they changed pension providers, I started new one and contributed the full 7.5 to be matched! That I withdrew last year, as the annual allowance was pitiful, and I'll get my tax rebated. Funnily enough, I've just be given another 2k from another pension pot ( smart pension)  with Tesco that I was unaware of  :o

Are you retiring as you've reached the retirement age?? If so, the pension dept should have been informed of your pending retirement 6 months previously?

Your staff shares will cease, and you will be paid them all at the current day % rate.

Your should be able to retain and continue using your colleague discount card, if your age + years of service total 80 yrs. if not, then they will just block it, once you have received your final pay day.




Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Nomad

Happy retirement The hooch  :thumbup:

ENJOY  8)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Mark calloway

All the best hooch.

Spidercatcher

Wishing you a very happy retirement, The Hooch. I'm well jel (as the youngsters say)   :thumbup:

The hooch

Retirement total c**k up
1. No exit meeting
2. No confirmation in reply to my intention to retire letter.
3. No notification in writing of my new hours after dropping a fifth of my working week..eventually.
4. No wages last payday
5.p45 received saying I retired on March 19th ..I retired May 4th.
6. Equinity letter stating March 19th
7.letters from payrole demanding all of April's pay to be returned and half of March..and they will not issue a new p45 till this has been replayed
8. Payrole breakdown of monies owed include 2 student loan payments...I've never had a student loan.
9 Plaque arrives through the post ..Thanking me for 3 years service..I've DONE 25 years of hard labour on nights.
10..Have spent 3 weeks on the phone getting nowhere
11. Have spoken to wages managers etc
12. Now they are saying that I dont qualify for the bonus.
Can someone please help me..
I cant even get on the wageslip app anymore.
I still have had no wages
   

lucgeo

Good grief  :o  8-)

So much for a relaxing retirement  ???

Is your correspondence from payroll quoting your correct employee number?

'Phone duty and ask whoever answers for the contact details of the head of personnel for the group, or at least the area PP, for you to contact to gain the information you need, in regard of Tesco acting illegally by withholding all monies due!


If you were in the union, 'phone their area office and ask for representation in support of securing said illegal practice, and lack of support from the wages manager!

This is scandalous, it could affect your state pension entitlements, your tax code, your credit rating, especially if the alleged loans are not repaid and left to sit on file, you could be black listed!

Contact ACAS for advice. Check your local solicitors, as some do hold free advice surgeries at certain times! Contact citizens advice. You can also email the pensions team, and inform them of the situation, and your intent to bring Tesco to task regarding acting illegally, as withholding wage payments is illegal!
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

The hooch

Thank you for your quick response. I have done most of what you suggest but I keep hitting brick walls.
I am still in the union and am getting support from them but nothing is happening
I think they have mixed me up with someone else who has retired after 3 years and used to be a student.
Makes me feel totally unappreciated after working nights for 25 years

lucgeo

Acas helpline

The Acas helpline is for anyone who needs employment law or workplace advice, including employers, employees and workers.

Contact us for confidential, free advice. We can talk through:

any work-related problem or question you have
what the law says and how it relates to you
good practice at work
your options, including any risks and benefits
You do not have to give any personal details.

Helpline 0300 123 1100

Open Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.

There are some heads that need banging together here!!

You need definite answers, have you had a meeting with the wages manager and your area union rep!

Request a face to face meeting with the area personnel officer, the store manager, your area rep and yourself, making it clear of the date of your original query with regard the initial logging of this complaint to the company, as there are time constraints regarding bringing it to a tribunal.

If they have mixed you up, someone else could technically gain access to your personal details, especially if the pension people start communicating with them instead of you! Your staff shares you've built up  will be sold, as your no longer an employee, this other person could have access to this.
This may explain why they didn't acknowledge your pending retirement, and contact you with regard you Tesco retirement benefits of keeping your discount and contact numbers for the Tesco Retirees association?

Does your discount card still work?
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Redshoes

I think you are correct in the fact that it looks like they have mixed you up with another person. If the mistake has been made at store level it may be easier to trace and then correct. If you are getting nowhere with your old manger or the manager responsible for wages you need to go higher. Don't trust to conversations. Get everything documented. Cover your back at every stage.

Twinkeltoes1

Do what I did and contact the Hed Honcho, dont bother with the little people at store level, mine was under similar circumstances, sorted withn 2 weeks.

lucgeo

@ Twinkletoes1

As both you and The hooch are VLH supporters, perhaps you could PM The hooch to point him/her in the right direction with regard who to contact and your success, retaining both your privacy  :thumbup: 
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

The hooch

Quote from: lucgeo on 19-06-22, 03:16PMAcas helpline

The Acas helpline is for anyone who needs employment law or workplace advice, including employers, employees and workers.

Contact us for confidential, free advice. We can talk through:

any work-related problem or question you have
what the law says and how it relates to you
good practice at work
your options, including any risks and benefits
You do not have to give any personal details.

Helpline 0300 123 1100

Open Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm.

There are some heads that need banging together here!!

You need definite answers, have you had a meeting with the wages manager and your area union rep!

Request a face to face meeting with the area personnel officer, the store manager, your area rep and yourself, making it clear of the date of your original query with regard the initial logging of this complaint to the company, as there are time constraints regarding bringing it to a tribunal.

If they have mixed you up, someone else could technically gain access to your personal details, especially if the pension people start communicating with them instead of you! Your staff shares you've built up  will be sold, as your no longer an employee, this other person could have access to this.
This may explain why they didn't acknowledge your pending retirement, and contact you with regard you Tesco retirement benefits of keeping your discount and contact numbers for the Tesco Retirees association?

Does your discount card still work?

The hooch

#19
I was sent a new colleague card for life and it works so club card have got something right. Back in February I got my 25 year thank you award so where they got the 3 years from is anybody's guess

The hooch

I also cannot access my wageslips online anymore and need wage information for Universal credit. Store manager told me I cant access them because I dont work for Tesco anymore. Surely I should be able to access them. Sick of all this stress. I was off sick a couple of years ago fof 8 months with stress and panic attacks..I'm struggling to keep my anxiety under control

Sherwoodforest

The amount your paid will be on your bank statement,not sure if they accept that as proof,but maybe its a short term solution

lackofinterest

toscos p**s up brewery. fit perfectly well into the same sentence

lackofinterest

#23
j
Quote from: The hooch on 20-06-22, 12:52AMI also cannot access my wageslips online anymore and need wage information for Universal credit. Store manager told me I cant access them because I dont work for Tesco anymore. Surely I should be able to access them. Sick of all this stress. I was off sick a couple of years ago fof 8 months with stress and panic attacks..I'm struggling to keep my anxiety under control
best thing is to be glad you're gone. they are experts at making people depressed and anxious. main reason p**s up brewery as usual

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk