News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

23-04-24, 02:16AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 5,899
  • Latest: dezza
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,400
  • Total Topics: 637
  • Online today: 50
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 44
Total: 44

Bank Holiday working

Started by MonkeyNinja, 02-06-21, 03:25AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightAndDay

I heard from my TM friend that large stores will be open til 5pm (In England) on 19th September.

StinkyPoo

Larger stores will be closed Monday. Smaller ones will open from 5pm.

Poppy123

That's what I heard am wondering how that affects night shift workers?

spike_pkh

Nights should have the option to have Sunday night off if store closed Monday

5fdp

Sunday will be a Bank Holiday. If you work it at night, midnight becomes time and a quarter. If you off you get pay your normal wage.

dairyfresh

yes sunday night is voluntary, where shops are open ie convenience stores in central london and windsor those who are scheduled to work and choose to do so will receive time plus time and a quarter for hours worked. those who are not scheduled to work and volunteer to do so will be paid time and a quarter for hours worked, those scheduled to work and choose not to will receive a paid days leave.

NightWorker2022

Night team screwed over again lol

Morris999

It's good to see people are stating that Sunday night is the bank holiday before any official Comms have come down :-X

Well official Comms have now come down and the Monday night is the bank holiday for night teams and will be the paid absence.
Sunday night is business as usual for the night teams.

Morris999

Quote from: NightAndDay on 13-09-22, 01:41PMI heard from my TM friend that large stores will be open til 5pm (In England) on 19th September.

Well considering you are really important at HO, I'd have thought you would have known what Tesco were opening, without asking a friend! :D

Sherwoodforest

On ourtesco site in collegue help,search under queens funeral for clarification
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

Sherwoodforest

Night Colleagues in Stores (Large & Convenience)

Sunday 18th into Monday 19th September will be classed as the bank holiday.  Colleagues who are contracted to work this shift will not be required to come in and will be paid for the entire shift as normal.

Where a night colleague works any hours between midnight on Sunday 18th March and midnight on Monday 19th March they will be paid their normal contractual pay (if Monday is a normal working day), plus time and a quarter for any hours that are worked during that period.

The night of Monday 19th into Tuesday 20th September is classed as a normal working day, although the bank holiday premium will be paid for hours worked until midnight on the Monday as described above

Morris999

It came down on Comms centre after 17.00, that the Sunday 18th into Monday 19th will continue as normal, and Monday 19th into Tuesday 20th will be classed as the bank holiday.And will be classed as the paid absence.

Where a colleague works on the Monday night into the Tuesday, they will be paid their normal hourly rate and in addition to this from 00.00 Monday 19th September to 23.59 Tuesday 20th September, they will be paid the special bank holiday premium (time + time and a quarter).

Looks like either someone has come to their own conclusion and posted it in our Tesco or they have screwed up!

Sherwoodforest

Ourtesco is tescos official collegue help,im sure it said updated 17,42pm ,so who is right?anyone know?

dairyfresh

Have seen both guide from communication centre says Monday to Tuesday for nights Bank hol.

Ourtesco.com colleague help says Sunday to Monday https://colleague-help.ourtesco.com/hc/en-us/articles/5940626965788-Her-Majesty-The-Queen-s-Funeral

Usdaw also say Sunday to Monday.

Edit they've took out night shift just now so looks like Monday to Tuesday is correct

5fdp

Its Sunday into Monday. New communication coming out tomorrow. Only tesco can c**k a simple thing up. But it is Sunday into Monday. Trust me I'm a doctor.

Sherwoodforest

Ourtesco updated 8pm.removed night worker bit,says bhol monday for store collegues,distribution list on thrre also

world of their own

Monday night into Tuesday night off for our night team.

Confirmed by our management tonight.

dairyfresh

Nights info has been taken out of official briefing pack so expect clarification will come down today.

Stitch

Does anyone know how pfs that are with an extra store are affected? It doesn't mention in that article that dairyfresh linked above  :(

Scotch on the rocks

Quote from: Stitch on 14-09-22, 03:32AMDoes anyone know how pfs that are with an extra store are affected? It doesn't mention in that article that dairyfresh linked above  :(
PFS staff screwed over AGAIN! Normal trading hours.

dairyfresh

According to briefing pack pfs are to close
If anyone has yammer the briefing pack is in this thread
https://www.yammer.com/uk.tesco.com/threads/1913207866867712?message_id=1913207866867712

Loki

Quote from: 5fdp on 13-09-22, 08:14PMIts Sunday into Monday. New communication coming out tomorrow. Only tesco can c**k a simple thing up. But it is Sunday into Monday. Trust me I'm a doctor.

This is correct. The initial Tesco Comms/briefing pack that came down is to be amended to Sunday night being the Bank Holiday NOT the Monday night. This will be confirmed today.

The communication from the Usdaw National Officer is correct which states the Bank Holiday for nights being the Sunday night.

Typical mistake by Tesco.
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

Juicylucy

Can anyone help with clarification on being paid if you don't work it when scheduled? Work in express and our sm trying to say that if you have it off it's out of your holiday allowance yet everything says it's a paid absence like the jubilee 🤷�♀️

5fdp

It will not affect your holiday entitlement.  Its in the pack that came down for mgrs. So he is telling a fib.

Juicylucy

Quote from: 5fdp on 14-09-22, 07:44AMIt will not affect your holiday entitlement.  Its in the pack that came down for mgrs. So he is telling a fib.

See im a shift leader and I've seen every document to do with it already so I was convinced I was right, then he comes out with that and you doubt yourself, especially when they're more senior than you you'd like to think they know what the hell they're talking about! Said straight away he's lying or he's thick! Me and a colleague politely pulled him up on it on the group chat and he's still not having it so a bit of a more direct approach now then :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk