News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:28AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online

No bonus

Started by Vinny1985, 04-02-21, 01:51AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sherwoodforest

I'm not sure if all depots are the same, I'm under the impression some actually have a voice and can  vote on issues like bonuses, can't remember getting a vote about losing annual bonus, free shares or Covid attendance bonus, plus stores don't threaten to go on strike, look in your own mirror and see if your crying about being better paid than store staff.
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

oldfashionedplayer

Quote from: Depotofdiscovery on 15-04-22, 10:07PM
I think you will find that several years ago the stores give up their annual bonus as part of one of your pay deals as where the Depots have never done this
The stores have received a bonus this year and last year at the discretion of the business

Depots have never given the bonus away to get a better pay offer so if you are looking for someone to blame for your low bonus this year compared with what the DC staff are getting then go and find the nearest mirror and get a good look and that will give you an idea of who to blame :P

Store staff do not negotiate, unlike depo as said, we dont have a voice, think of it like politics, we've got a government who doesn't like us (like current UK situation) and you the depots are the government, that is in it for themselves too, what depo government asks, they shall receive.

lordadmiral

And do not forget to mention , managers bonus is 4.5%.

dilligaf

I'm sorry, but every depot has fought long & hard for what they have, they have stood up for themselves against the company, as said they are not to blame for the shops situation regards T&C's & wages.. In my opinion Shops need to fight to take back their right to negotiate & vote on any outcome, like the DC workers...

madness

Quote from: lordadmiral on 17-04-22, 02:53PM

Would gladly remove any bonus for even 4% every year.

NightAndDay

The Big wigs want this infighting to happen to distract while they look at more ways to worse staff pay and benefits.

Yogurt

Quote from: lordadmiral on 17-04-22, 02:53PM

This usually means that their pay rise is going to be low. When you look at what the shift leaders rate is this, it is close to a newly appointed managers first rate of pay there is no incentive. So where the 4.5% bonus may be great, take tax off and prob for most people the pay rise will be between 0.5-1.5%. It's just ok. I'd rather a 5% wage increase than the bonus.

5fdp

Thats correct. You lose half in tax and NI. So its really only 2.25%. Still better than nothing. Store managers can achieve about 10 times that in bonuses if they hit all targets.

FarmerFred

National insurance is 13.2% and Basic rate tax is 20%, so unless you're earning more than £50k it's not "losing half"

5fdp

Well worked out.

Sharonc68

I have worked for Tescos for almost 13 years and at the end of this month will be taking redundancy as they are getting rid of the night shift team, does anyone know if we will be entitled to the bonus as its not our fault nights are going. The managers we have asked dont seem to know the answer.

5fdp

In the past the staff got the bonus when they were made redundant.  Fingers crossed for you.

Beanny

In my opinion you should be entitled to the bonus, but if you read the fine print about those who are entitled to the bonus it says that you still have to be employed by Tesco at the end of the month of May when the bonus is paid. So in theory you will not get it. >:D >:D >:D

Sherwoodforest

@sharonc68 ,if you log on to our tesco,there is a notice you can read about the bonus,it has faq,s but I've not read through them,but there is a comment section which if you post a comment,might then recieve a reply
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

barafear

Quote from: Sharonc68 on 19-04-22, 06:16PM
I have worked for Tescos for almost 13 years and at the end of this month will be taking redundancy as they are getting rid of the night shift team, does anyone know if we will be entitled to the bonus as its not our fault nights are going. The managers we have asked dont seem to know the answer.

You should be classed a "good leaver" (redundancy) therefore you will be entitled to the bonus.

. If I was absent or left Tesco during the year, am I still eligible?

If you're on maternity, adoption, additional paternity leave or shared parental leave, you remain eligible to receive this
Thank You payment. This Thank You payment will be paid pro-rata based on eligible earnings during the financial year for
"good leavers" - retirement (with company approval), ill-health retirement, redundancy and death in service. These
payments will be made in cash only and will be processed via payroll using the bank account details that you last received
your pay in.
However, if you leave Tesco for any other reason before 27 May 2022 or take a lifestyle break (provided you weren't reemployed by 1 December 2021), you won't receive this Thank You payment.

Don't Do Nights

Quote from: barafear on 20-04-22, 01:47PM
Quote from: Sharonc68 on 19-04-22, 06:16PM

You should be classed a "good leaver" (redundancy) therefore you will be entitled to the bonus.

. If I was absent or left Tesco during the year, am I still eligible?

If you're on maternity, adoption, additional paternity leave or shared parental leave, you remain eligible to receive this
Thank You payment. This Thank You payment will be paid pro-rata based on eligible earnings during the financial year for
"good leavers" - retirement (with company approval), ill-health retirement, redundancy and death in service. These
payments will be made in cash only and will be processed via payroll using the bank account details that you last received
your pay in.
However, if you leave Tesco for any other reason before 27 May 2022 or take a lifestyle break (provided you weren't reemployed by 1 December 2021), you won't receive this Thank You payment.

My manager said in the huddle last night that only the staff who are staying will receive the bonus. Hope he is wrong.

lackofinterest

if you're lucky enough to be getting redundancy why worry about a pittance of a bonus? :P

barafear

Every Little Helps!!!!

Couldntpossiblysay

Union rep in our store still saying we aren't getting it if we are made redundant next weekend although store manager thinks we do. A feckin omnishambles.

Mickymouse1962

Who is getting made redundant let it be security

lucgeo

Quote from: Couldntpossiblysay on 25-04-22, 01:40AM
Union rep in our store still saying we aren't getting it if we are made redundant next weekend although store manager thinks we do. A feckin omnishambles.

I wouldn't hold too much against the rep...chances are they haven't been updated by the area organisers, as they are clueless at the best of times!
Print out or take a screen shot of the section provided above by barafear  8-) and give to your rep for future reference.

There would be an outcry from those being made redundant, as to penalise those losing their jobs through redundancy by Tesco, to then deny the bonus would mean they were suffering a detriment, through no fault of their own :-X
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

dizzy_1

Quote from: Mickymouse1962 on 25-04-22, 08:32AM
Who is getting made redundant let it be security

That would be some night shift staff, in the next wave of stores picked at random from the company lotto machine.
i dont have an attitude problem you have a perception problem!

Amsie

I'm handing in my notice and my last day will be the day after pay day. I've been told that if I'm working my notice I won't be eligible to receive. Is this accurate? Colleague help states i only have to employed??

FarmerFred

If you are still employed by Tesco on the eligibility date then you are eligible for the bonus according to the FAQ:
QuoteColleagues will also need to still be employed
on 27 May 2022, the date the payment is paid. 

thor god of thunder

Quote from: grim up north on 14-04-22, 05:29PM
Why have distribution got a higher bonus than store staff? Is it to do with the steering wheel or whatever it's called?

lets not forget that a lot of distribution staff get a bonus just for turning up! im all for them getting better standard rate of pay as I have done the job and its incomparable to working inshore. however. bonuses, premiums etc should be at the same rate etc. its a disgrace really.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk