News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 06:41PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,117
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 322
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 287
Total: 290

3rd August 2020

Started by chris9997, 25-07-20, 04:00PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris9997

We have a notice up in our staff area regarding changes taking place on 3rd aug to make the shopping experience simpler anyone know what this is. I expect we will read about it on Sunday the secound in the mail on Sunday.

Eskimo 2

Huge reduction in hours across several departments

T.C.1

Losing 80 hrs on GM alone!! Nice way to say thank you after three months of hell !!!

Ay up me duck

All deli counters closing permanently. F&F losing 30% of hours. GM losing 50% of hours

dotnochance

Tesco head office: thanks for all your hard work over the Covid crisis you’ve all done a fantastic job, but you can all f*** off now.
Ps, the board appreciates the extra bonuses we got!!! But still f*** off somewhere else

kaled78

newspaper hours being cut in my store and gm,crazy really as the displaced deli staff must be put somewhere

wizard

Tc1 what size store do you work in please ? Seems massive cuts , haven’t heard anything yet in our store

T.C.1

It's an extra, so will have a senior team and a manager managing three or four staff🤔

StinkyPoo

Any news on pi hours being cut? Never enough work in our store to keep the all the department hours.

notsofunny

Lay offs and cut backs all over the country , A lot to do with corvid , but also to do with many company's finding that they have got the jobs done with less staff than they have , I have a friend that works for a large IT support company that is cutting 50% staffing levels so its not just Tesco or retail ,,,,,,,,,,

lordadmiral

It sounds like extra and superstore are being hit again. The loss of hours is huge in some cases. Had to say if it means redundancy or moving people to difetrent department. Shame.

Notsofunny. IT support is the lowest of the low in IT industry so i am not suprised they are cutting so much. But on the other hand i am learning to move job (into IT sector) and i am going thrue job vacansys. There ate many bussinesses who still recruit.

Monkeyman999

Tesco cuts on the cards covid or no covid it’s a 5 year 30 million bonus !  Made 2.2 billion last year and 1800 bakers got the boot in the middle of a pandemic   
Quote from: notsofunny on 25-07-20, 07:50PM

Lay offs and cut backs all over the country , A lot to do with corvid , but also to do with many company's finding that they have got the jobs done with less staff than they have , I have a friend that works for a large IT support company that is cutting 50% staffing levels so its not just Tesco or retail ,,,,,,,,,,

Ahsda

No ones getting made redundant so who cares. We all have a job and during the current climate that can’t be a bad thing...if it is such a bad thing then quit and save everyone the earache of having to hear you moan about how hard done by you are and how Tesco “is the same it used to be to work for”...no it’s not, it would of gone bust a long time ago if it was and we’d all be out a job.
You might have to move department but we’re all paid the same so if you asked to go sit on a checkout then get on with it.

Catch

Quote from: lordadmiral on 25-07-20, 07:50PM
It sounds like extra and superstore are being hit again. The loss of hours is huge in some cases. Had to say if it means redundancy or moving people to difetrent department. Shame.
I work in a large metro, and we're having cuts too. Our bakery is having 40 of its hours cut (we'd already lost 50 hours last September) and other departments are being trimmed aswell, but not sure by how much.

kateluff

if no ones getting made redundant ,and our shops losing 900 hours and counters closing , hows that work , not rocket science

Hammer10

They cant fill shop now let alone do dot com so if cutting hours is happening they might as well close a few stores .

wizard

Ahsda have you been told definitely no redundancies ? As with the cuts everyone’s saying about, are the other departments so short of hours to move people to ?

BarryZola

I doubt they'll have hours on other departments to give people (in my Extra for example). They've already trimmed other departments down to minimum. The only one that would probably have any hope of taking them on would be DotCom as they're always needing pickers.

However,

That would mean that someone working on GM on full-time hours for example would have to be able to be offered full-time hours on DotCom and also hours that are similar to ones they're already on and for the change of role to be reasonable for them. If that doesn't happen or the colleague doesn't agree to quite a big change in hours, role etc then by law it's redundancy.

lucgeo

What dept's now come under GM?
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

miriam

If you have worked for Tesco for a while you know they work
They use heat maps which is based on year dot information
It never works best for anyone except tesco as a company
So many already unemployed. Everyone is easy to replace
I'm not a big fan of working for tesco as they don't consider human rights. Basic ones

The will be doing fine without any of us

Shells379

Skilled Rate fishmonger Job gone and told no redundancies and have to fit in hours as and where they can. How can this be right?

chris9997

I think looking at the heat map we have some dept with short hours and others with over hours how ever the overs far out way the shorts. Some moving people to other depts other times does not solve anything.

Nomad

Shells379, the alternative job role has to be a reasonable alternative (to both parties), I can't see how any job is a reasonable facsimile of being a skilled fishmonger.

A trade which you would like to continue to work in and maintain your skill level in, if they can't employ you in that trade or one, acceptable to you, as being very similar then you are redundant (if that is what you want).

contact union if in one and/or contact ACAS.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

flowerpower

Is this for real or just opinions that's a lot of hrs being cut

Munchkin

So regarding the counters closing and staff not being offered redundancy as they are being absorbed into the other depts Union is saying they will not challenge this move as its keeping people in work rather than out even if the people want to leave and are going to be allocated to a physically difficult job and despite the knock on effect to people in store on flexi contracts and those who rely on overtime to survive who will now be reduced to basic hours and forced to find other work and/or visit the food bank...... Its the reality of life in Britain now I'm afraid and things will only get worse covid amongst other things has given employers a massive upper hand to do as they like and employment law will be further eroded and ignored in the near future by the just be thankful you have a job approach

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk