News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 02:33PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 272
Total: 274

Management restructure

Started by beentheredoneit, 03-03-21, 11:16PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cinderella

There's no guarantee moving to checkouts would even get me a work-life balance, as I have no idea what my shifts would be! We have such a short period to make a decision on very little information

Checkout Superstar

So are Checkout Team Support getting a pay cut? to be honest this has been a long time coming. In our extra store regular checkout staff have been assisting Team Support now for over a year and only got paid CA wages.

Cinderella

There are no more checkout team support, so there will be a pay cut for returning to a GA

Dotcomts

Anyone else a Picking Team Support & had their 121?

There's currently myself & a driver team support at our store with two fulfilment shift leader roles available. We've been told we can walk into these new roles as it's job matched however given the extra work load etc it's not something I'm considering so I'm contemplating driving again.

I had my 121 but my store manager didn't expect me to be contemplating turning it down so they fumbled their way through my options. I was offered a buyout or protected pay but reading a post on Yammer someone is saying only the Driving Team Supports are offered the buyouts or pay protection? Anyone shed any light? I'm not back in work until Tuesday.

Thanks.

JPW

I%u2019m a picking team support, I was told by my store manager that I could opt for a lump sum or payment protection for 18 months if I chose not to take the role (our store was shrunk from 6 to 3 and no one took up the shift leader positions). I am going back to being a picker and as far as I am concerned my pay will not be changing from my current TS rate.

Colleague 3000000

It was £2200 before tax. (Including some holiday, Sunday pay and a bit of night premium)

And I worked 50-60 hours each week.

I like my job.

And I'm good at it.

Colleague 3000000

It's time to consider strike action.

We must show that us Tesco workers are humans with feelings.

'At Tesco are highest priority is the wellbeing of our colleagues and customers.....'

You've all heard the digital announcements, it's time we made our voices heard because every voice matters etc!

Colleague 3000000

Also, why is there an assumption I am a man?

Just asking.

Checkout Superstar

Quote from: Cinderella on 07-03-21, 10:29PM
There are no more checkout team support, so there will be a pay cut for returning to a GA

My store has about 15 team support at checkouts. Yet despite this us normal checkout staff are always assisting them at their job for less pay.

Wonder what will happen to all of them.

Redshoes

We have people that stand in for team support. We pay them deputising pay but they did full job, exceptions, tablet work etc. Not just fetch eggs. It needs to be the full job but it's a bit of a mute point now as we will not be getting shift leaders as top heavy with managers. Shift leaders do duty shifts, reviews, holiday booking etc so a bigger role than TS.

Checkout Superstar

Quote from: Redshoes on 08-03-21, 07:40AM
We have people that stand in for team support. We pay them deputising pay but they did full job, exceptions, tablet work etc. Not just fetch eggs. It needs to be the full job but it's a bit of a mute point now as we will not be getting shift leaders as top heavy with managers. Shift leaders do duty shifts, reviews, holiday booking etc so a bigger role than TS.
But on less pay?

No sure how its all going to work. Will all those on TS roles currently now have to apply to be a SL?

Buster99

Quote from: Dotcomts on 07-03-21, 11:01PM
Anyone else a Picking Team Support & had their 121?

There's currently myself & a driver team support at our store with two fulfilment shift leader roles available. We've been told we can walk into these new roles as it's job matched however given the extra work load etc it's not something I'm considering so I'm contemplating driving again.

I had my 121 but my store manager didn't expect me to be contemplating turning it down so they fumbled their way through my options. I was offered a buyout or protected pay but reading a post on Yammer someone is saying only the Driving Team Supports are offered the buyouts or pay protection? Anyone shed any light? I'm not back in work until Tuesday.

Thanks.

I'm a driver team support, there was 4 team supports in our dotcom they have gone down to 2, I wasn't picked so I'm going back driving and getting a lump sum for the £2.90 I will be losing an hour, works out at around 7k, store manager said can have pay protected for 18 month, he said we are getting 3% pay rise I think in June but wouldn't get that it was on pay protected, I'm just trying to get some decent hours driving and hope they don't screw me over again not only losing my role, my hours, my hourly rate just hope they don't say we need you on Saturday nights can go shove them hours, and also driving hours is 35 hours and I'm on 36.5 so wonder where there gonna fit me in

Stubbo

Quote from: JPW on 07-03-21, 11:15PM
I%u2019m a picking team support, I was told by my store manager that I could opt for a lump sum or payment protection for 18 months if I chose not to take the role (our store was shrunk from 6 to 3 and no one took up the shift leader positions). I am going back to being a picker and as far as I am concerned my pay will not be changing from my current TS rate.
Your pay will drop to ca rate and not stay the same. That's why they offer a balloon payment or protected pay for 18 months.

fatboy

Buster99, where did he get the info regarding a 3% payrise in June? As far as I'm aware the pay negotiations for this year are still ongoing.

Cinderella

Quote from: Checkout Superstar on 08-03-21, 07:53AM
But on less pay?

No sure how its all going to work. Will all those on TS roles currently now have to apply to be a SL?

I'm not sure if it's the same in all stores, but in mine they are bringing in a Service Support role. Current Team Leaders can automatically go onto that - all they have to do is say yes, and the contract will be drawn up. It's for the same pay, but acting like a front end manager - doing all aspects of checkouts, CSD, PFS and trolleys. Including holidays, note taking, coding and so on. They have told us it's fully flexible, and shifts will change frequently. They advised us not to take it if we have families - they literally want 24/7 flexibility. If we say no, we take the buyout or payment protection and go back to working a checkout, but there's no information on what shifts would be if we do go back to a checkout.

Checkout Superstar

Quote from: Cinderella on 08-03-21, 09:49AM
Quote from: Checkout Superstar on 08-03-21, 07:53AM
But on less pay?

I'm not sure if it's the same in all stores, but in mine they are bringing in a Service Support role. Current Team Leaders can automatically go onto that - all they have to do is say yes, and the contract will be drawn up. It's for the same pay, but acting like a front end manager - doing all aspects of checkouts, CSD, PFS and trolleys. Including holidays, note taking, coding and so on. They have told us it's fully flexible, and shifts will change frequently. They advised us not to take it if we have families - they literally want 24/7 flexibility. If we say no, we take the buyout or payment protection and go back to working a checkout, but there's no information on what shifts would be if we do go back to a checkout.

so where does that leave the actual managers? at our extra trolleys/customer service, PFS and checkouts all have their own manager. I'm assusing all those roles will be done away with and  the new Service Support staff stepping up? 

Cinderella

They are all getting another role, and I've been told they will basically act like duty managers. "Running the shop, but not involved in any department" is exactly what I've been told.

The new Service Support will also deal with customer complaints, cash office and so on. It's becoming a massive role.

Looks like they are planning to do away with managers and have Service Support eventually running things on the lower level of pay.

Checkout Superstar

Quote from: Cinderella on 08-03-21, 09:59AM
They are all getting another role, and I've been told they will basically act like duty managers. "Running the shop, but not involved in any department" is exactly what I've been told.

The new Service Support will also deal with customer complaints, cash office and so on. It's becoming a massive role.

Looks like they are planning to do away with managers and have Service Support eventually running things on the lower level of pay.

I don't like the sound of Team Support basically getting promoted to Duty Manager level without the jobs being listed as new roles. Seems unfair.

Cinderella

Exactly. And I'm trying to get a work-life balance, so it looks like I will have to step down. But without knowing what my new shifts will be, I don't know if I will have any balance anyway! After working all through the pandemic, and having to cover other people's shifts due to shielding, isolation and so on, running around the middle of crowds of customers, feeling at risk, it just feels like getting a middle finger. I'm still covering for people, I'm going to be doing late shifts with no middle TS until this change takes effect!

Funny how the EVM closed before this was all announced.

Colleague 3000000

Tesco is doing us dirty!

It's time for strike action.

Checkout Superstar

Quote from: Colleague 3000000 on 08-03-21, 10:58AM
Tesco is doing us dirty!

It's time for strike action.

Thing is, I doubt many floor GA staff would go on strike just so the Team Leaders can keep their £2 extra.

Sad but true,

JPW

Quote from: Stubbo on 08-03-21, 09:12AM
Quote from: JPW on 07-03-21, 11:15PM
Your pay will drop to ca rate and not stay the same. That's why they offer a balloon payment or protected pay for 18 months.

So what is protected pay  then? I was made to feel like I would be still paid at my current team support rate for the hours I will be doing after the job role change?

Cinderella

Quote from: Checkout Superstar on 08-03-21, 10:14AM
Quote from: Cinderella on 08-03-21, 09:59AM

I don't like the sound of Team Support basically getting promoted to Duty Manager level without the jobs being listed as new roles. Seems unfair.

It's the previous department managers who will be acting as duty managers, not TS. The Team Support will be doing all the duties of the department managers, except with more departments combined. It looks like only one is taking the offer in my store, so it will be opened up for applications.

Nomansland

Interested to hear from any current picking team supports who have turned down new role. On paper it looks like much the same job apart from new starter reviews, welcome backs and note taking. It doesn't now include any picking or turnaround, which it did before. Am I missing something?

Tinch

I have recently been bullied out of my team leader role by my store manager,
Is there anything I can do to fight for the step down payment?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk