News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

19-04-24, 12:00AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,361
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 417
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 315
Total: 316

Colleague Shop Fair Use?

Started by barafear, 22-02-21, 01:32PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Welshie

Maybe it's the only way they can feed themselves and their families

dotnochance

not my customer he ran a bnb in one of the best parts of town

barafear

Quote from: Welshie on 09-03-21, 11:55PM
Maybe it's the only way they can feed themselves and their families

Of course none of us want to think less of people that do this - and of course there will be a % of people who come in to get reductions because they simply struggle to feed their families.
But often there are reasons to believe that there are also a % of people who do not fall into this category but still "play the game"
I do think there is a difference between a colleague (with a discount card - with a job - that probably pays better than us colleagues in-store) getting stuff for free as opposed to customers who actually do pay 25% of the full price

I don't have a problem with the concept of colleague shop - I just feel that "overuse" is excessive and morally wrong - especially when they are playing the game and effectively grabbing everything when they get reduced - which is often around 2-3 hours before closing time and then wandering around store to wait for that cut off point.

It's only a personal opinion.

Welshie

Personally, I'd say that if their lives are so sad they wander about Tesco for 2-3hrs in the evenings for the sake of free short dated food , they are more to be pitied than irritated by . Its seriously sad

dotnochance

Not when they stand for 2-3 hours watching you 5 feet away,  and managment refused to anything about it. I used to work in bread and cakes and i would do all of fresh final reductions at night and from 5-6pm i would have 4 or 5 customers stand at the end of bread and cakes and just stair at me till i started at 8 and then they would just rush me. No sympathy from me at all. And those same 4-5 customers didnt need it u would see them drive off in their flash very expensive cars, and they would always edge out the people you could tell needed it more than them.

NightAndDay

Quote from: Welshie on 10-03-21, 03:28PM
Personally, I'd say that if their lives are so sad they wander about Tesco for 2-3hrs in the evenings for the sake of free short dated food , they are more to be pitied than irritated by . Its seriously sad

More an indictment on our capitalistic society than the people themselves, they probably don't want to be in that position. Nothing is fair in life, doubly so for the world of work, you have people being exploited for a minimum wage on one end, often working harder than everybody else and subject to illegal work practices, and mateyboy managers who are for some arbitrary reason considered "superior" than the exploited doing about 30 minutes worth of work for 4 times the pay.

None of us are in any position to judge others, there are no rules to this game.

Welshie

Nightandday , I'm not judging them if you read above , you'll see I said it might be the only way for them to feed their families . I was replying to someone who said these people were playing the game . I find it hard to believe that you'd hang around for hours waiting unless it was necessity. 

Mark calloway

Quote from: dotnochance on 10-03-21, 03:43PM
Not when they stand for 2-3 hours watching you 5 feet away,  and managment refused to anything about it. I used to work in bread and cakes and i would do all of fresh final reductions at night and from 5-6pm i would have 4 or 5 customers stand at the end of bread and cakes and just stair at me till i started at 8 and then they would just rush me. No sympathy from me at all. And those same 4-5 customers didnt need it u would see them drive off in their flash very expensive cars, and they would always edge out the people you could tell needed it more than them.
we used to vary the times we'd bring reductions out for that reason. Some were in the store waiting for literally FIVE hours.

chris9997

I really don't understand why there is this bother re reductions / CS products so what does it matter who gets them it is better this than in the bin surely.

Cazlew

Can anyone clarify how / when the reduced items become free.
I know it has to be after a certain time.  But does it need a final reduction label with "CS" on it.
So for example if a product has a reduced label( without Cs) and is rung through the till but still after the time it becomes free. Would this be a free item or does it need to be further reduced (final Cs label)?
The final reductions on Sunday sometimes don't happen until just about 3pm when they become free. 
So in brief do the items automatically become free or do they need a further / final reduction sticker added?

newguy20

If an item does not have CS on the sticker it will not go through as free even after the cut off time.

had it a few times when staff have a load of stuff and for whatever reason one or two items, have not been finally reduced by the department. Surprising how many staff kick up a fuss over 16p or whatever.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk