News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 07:28PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,118
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 314
Total: 318

Job losses.

Started by Nomad, 07-04-09, 07:22PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baker4life

Is the weekly pay just basic or do you add on market supplement and Sunday rate pay when you put it in the VLH calculator?

Rhonda7a

It goes on the rate of pay that is on your terms and conditions of employment.

Jethro

You either get your contractual pay, or if you've done overtime then they will take the average you have earned over your feb march April payslips

Delly

Hi all any one know  if you keep discount  card when you get made redundant

lucgeo

If your age + length of service = 80 then you keep it...if not, you can use it up to and on your final pay from Tesco.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Delly

Oldman

Just found out only one full time position in our bakery after this reshuffle one more with 34 hrs and only part time after that, one has been job matched on the 34hr shift an one has been told he's not been job matched three more full timers including myself will find out tomorrow if we have been job matched or not

Mennsa

At what point do we find out redundancy package? Job matched to an extent but will be losing £120 a month. How do we make a decision with such a lack of info..

Oldman

I would imagine your next meeting, I personally couldn't afford a cut in pay by that much.

cheesy cob

Quote from: Mennsa on 03-04-20, 04:05PM
At what point do we find out redundancy package? Job matched to an extent but will be losing £120 a month. How do we make a decision with such a lack of info..
How's that a job match if your losing £120 a month?

Mennsa

Basically its losing 2 hours a week and night premiums.

MB456

Been a fully skilled baker for 4 years now. And my results came back as no job match. How is this possible? I’m pretty passionate about the baker side to it. And tried to accommodate as much ‘availability’ As I can. But points were not enough. I can’t get my head around potentially being made redundant or maybe finding something else in store. ( even no there are no job vacancies in store) I feel like I’m being pushed out anyway. And with what’s going on in the world right now what is the likelyhood I can find another full time Permanent job?

NightAndDay

You'll have to take what you can get for now, there are independant artisan bakeries and restaurants that are looking for skilled bakers.

polar

I've been job matched, iam so down about the whole situation. I'm considering my future with the company. The team I've worked with for 20 years is being destroyed, with complete disregard.

It looks to me like they only want 1 skilled Baker in to work 3am. It's a 50/50  ??? And dotcom.

I wish everyone affected the best of luck for the future, maybe offsetting reduancy till August might not be a bad move for some. At least you have some sort of income till things pick up again.

Helpisontheway

Oh the irony.11am given a letter telling me I am an essential worker from store manager. An hour later told being made redundant in May by department manager. Hero to zero in record time.

lucgeo

Quote from: Mennsa on 03-04-20, 06:03PM
Basically its losing 2 hours a week and night premiums.

You have not been job matched ??? Your hours and income will be less. Did you state a drop in hours hours/ shifts  on your availability form ???

Mennsa

I know I haven't been job matched and they are trying to push the boundaries on our availability hours. That said we filled availability forms in before the pandemic. Would just like to weigh my options up before making a decision and for that you need an exact figure for redundancy payment.

lucgeo

If the hours/ shifts / days you are being offered are not in the parameters of what you put on your availability form, then you haven't been job matched and redundancy is an option.
Check the VLH redundancy calculator on this site, it is pretty accurate to the amount of redundancy you can expect.

Oldman

Three members in our team job matched and three including me been told we are not job matched next meeting on Tuesday to discuss other jobs is dot com driving and redundancy package

kateluff

We have been told we will be paid in lieu of notice, if we defer till August  , will this count as working our notice, does anyone know ?

Helpisontheway

Was told I could defer till August 22. But not guaranteed a job in my department and number of hours. And if I wanted to leave before 22August would lose redundancy pay. Would be hell of a risk to take.

Oldman

Quote from: Helpisontheway on 04-04-20, 02:32PM
Was told I could defer till August 22. But not guaranteed a job in my department and number of hours. And if I wanted to leave before 22August would lose redundancy pay. Would be hell of a risk to take.
I asked if I would be in the bakery and was told yes nothing would change till August

Oldman

VLH calculator says monies in excess of 30,000 will be liable for tax is that anything over the 30,000 or the whole amount say 30,500

Nomad

@Helpisontheway, defer from 'when' to 22nd Aug ? ( defer = postpone, put back )

So you must have already been given a redundancy date else it cannot be deferred.  Therefore how can you lose redundancy pay if you have a finishing date.

Something not right here.

@Oldman, the excess.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

Helpisontheway

Given a finishing date 2 may. Manager told me if I defer to 22 August no guarantee of hours, department I would be working in. And if finish before 22 August would be taken as resignation. Therefore losing redundancy pay. Is my manager mistaken or telling me porkies.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk