News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:40AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 289
Total: 292

Double Time on Sunday... uh oh

Started by sufRu, 14-01-16, 08:51PM

Previous topic - Next topic

optout

I understand that these are massive ifs

if sunday double time was stopped in the stores but not in distribution, would this not amount to discrimination, IF, the case going through the courts re job description and gender is successful. :question:

also if there were a buyout of double-time sunday pay to those who only do it as overtime, then should this buyout not also be offered to those who have opted-out of sunday working. Because, (here goes,..ahem) the buyout will be to cover (or 'compensate') future losses of income for the individual, and the optout process allows for opting in at anytime in the future if a person wishes. so to give an amount to those who work overtime on a sunday, and to not give an amount to those who have opted out would be to the opted-out person's detriment. and in the opting-out literature it does say something about (can't remember the exact jargon used) that those who have opted-out cannot be treated any differently just because they have opted-out. (there....... I reckon that was a pretty good try myself.)  ;)
I AM NOT A REP, BUT......

Nowanexmgr

I've never understood the reason for double bubble on Sunday's. Customers do not pay more to shop on a Sunday, why should staff be paid more to work Sunday?

In my store I am getting my team in a week on Sunday for a super Sunday to get the dept right for customers as we come out of January. They are getting single time back , at my discretion, in February.

Tesco will struggle to become more profitable if people do not accept that times they are a changing and until the workforce agree to meet mangers half way and work for normal time on Sunday it will always be a tough ask.

Think of your employer and your long term prospects and make the gesture to working for single time on Sunday's. It's no different to a Tuesday.

Blondie1981

Please DO NOT FEED THE TROLl...he will lose interest soon enough

Pathfinder

Nowanexmng why don't you start it all off and make the gesture by working for the minimal wage and save your employer some extra money, or why not work for free if you love it so much.

Nowanexmgr

After the recent restructure i was made redundant and found a higher paid job with a different kind of retailer shortly afterwards.

Once my SD rang me to ask me to come back to Tesco I was there like a shot even though it meant an 8k pa pay "cut".

I did however manage to negotiate reinstated length of service, and Xmas 2015 and 2016 off.

Red Rock

Quote from: Nowanexmgr on 15-01-16, 06:35PM
I've never understood the reason for double bubble on Sunday's. Customers do not pay more to shop on a Sunday, why should staff be paid more to work Sunday?

In my store I am getting my team in a week on Sunday for a super Sunday to get the dept right for customers as we come out of January. They are getting single time back , at my discretion, in February.

Tesco will struggle to become more profitable if people do not accept that times they are a changing and until the workforce agree to meet mangers half way and work for normaltime on Sunday it will always be a tough ask.

Think of your employer and your long term prospects and make the gesture to working for single time on Sunday's. It's no different to a Tuesday.
i

What a Clown!   Believe it or not Sunday is still regarded a day of rest for the majority of the Country, to spend time with their children and spouses, as people's kids will be at School on Tuesday, schools aren't conducting lessons on Sunday's.  Additionally, we still live in a Christain society and some individuals attend religious services on a Sunday not a Tuesday.  So please have a word with yourself.

Titch

Will this be for contracted people or over time peeps ?

Sam78

Quote from: diesel.pi on 15-01-16, 06:48PM
Nowanexmng why don't you start it all off and make the gesture by working for the minimal wage and save your employer some extra money, or why not work for free if you love it so much.

Couldn't have worded it better myself love it. I've stepped down as team leader and am on £300 less a month, am contracted for Sunday's, so if this goes ahead I'll be another £250 down. So basically I'll be doing the same job I was 8 months ago, for £550 less a month 😡😡😡😡😡😡

formerscoboy

I work for another company and they recently bought out Sundays. It was based on Sunday's actually worked over last 2 years x£60 per Sunday. If you worked every Sunday that's a fair whsck. Contracts are irrelevant as everyone is one fully flexible contracts.

BANDERSNATCH

Quote from: Nowanexmgr on 15-01-16, 06:55PM
After the recent restructure i was made redundant and found a higher paid job with a different kind of retailer shortly afterwards.

Once my SD rang me to ask me to come back to Tesco I was there like a shot even though it meant an 8k pa pay "cut".

I did however manage to negotiate reinstated length of service, and Xmas 2015 and 2016 off.

So why not change your user name to " Crawled back with my tail between my legs " ?

formerscoboy

Quote from: BANDERSNATCH on 15-01-16, 09:23PM
Quote from: Nowanexmgr on 15-01-16, 06:55PM

So why not change your user name to " Crawled back with my tail between my legs " ?

😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

SD asked you personally?? Not a chance!

😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅

lucgeo

Nowanexmanger

Have followed some of your threads, listened to your reasoning in the past, but your last few posts I feel are basically just to wind people up for some sort of self gratification!!

In a nutshell. Now you're getting on my tits  :o
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

oliver

We will all find out the outcome of wage rise and if anything taken away etc on the 1st of February

valueluncheomeat

Anyone employed before Summer 1999 (I think I it was September the terms and conditions changed) will be on double pay Sunday and Bank Holidays.  This supposed payout was rumoured in my ex store a couple of years ago.

I signed the form to opt out of Sunday and Bank Holiday working in my new company on my first day, it was part of the induction.

Fair play

When the double time goes all the old school will stop working Sunday's but they will lose a lot of money.

blutopia

Quote from: diesel.pi on 15-01-16, 06:48PM

Maybe he could also 'think of his employer' and give back his redundancy payment now he's got his job back.

londoner83

If these rumours are right it will be interesting to see what USDAW does about it....It has so far ignored the pay freeze, done very little over the pension changes and will probably just allow this to happen. Makes me wonder what is the point of being in a union that doesn't stand up and fight for its members interests.

the postman

I'm an old timer who gets double time for sundays,if it goes i think managers who have done alot of years service,on good money will be on the radar soon enough.i have worked hard to earn my salary over the years,so obviously I'm concerned.

Mickymouse1962

I am an old timer and can't get Sundays as I cost to much, so will take the money and never do a Sunday again.

nightslave101

Quote from: Nowanexmgr on 15-01-16, 06:35PM

Tesco will struggle to become more profitable if people do not accept that times they are a changing and until the workforce agree to meet mangers half way and work for normal time on Sunday it will always be a tough ask.

Are you for real?! People choose to work Sundays for the financial incentives on offer. Take that away and they'll likely all opt out of Sunday working, which by the way, every staff member is entitled to do! - Good luck getting your staff to commit to work Sundays for single time. Just because it's just another day to you that does not make it so for everyone else, bear that in mind before spouting that it's just another day.

Your attitude is quite laughable and it's worrying your in a management position, you've clearly been brainwashed and turned into Mr Tesco  ;)

Have to remember people have a choice, they choose to work for Tesco. That can soon change, the jobs market is a lot better than it was just a couple of years ago. Most people I know who work for Tesco now don't want to be there and are looking for a way out. I say good luck to them! The attitude of 'your lucky to have a job' by Tesco will be their undoing, as long as they keep seeing staff as a burden on the bottom line rather than an asset things won't improve.

jojaca

Nowanexmgr

>:D >:( >:D >:( >:( >:D

Dave Lewis and co is on seven figure salaries and we are lucky to scrape by on 12-16k a year. I pity the staff that are under your command. I would tell you where to whistle.

Loki

I think it best to ignore those like Nowanexmgr who make pompous claims and obtuse comments.
When all else fails, madness is the emergency exit.

Bleh

I doubt he's even a manager likely a troll looking for a rise.

formerscoboy

Surely those of you rightly saying you will no longer work Sundays....if this is the case I'm betting the big t will have another round of 'right hours' and contract enough staff to cover...

Chiefstudbaker

So juat to clatify??? Will workers who work every sun as i have since forever get a larger payoff?? And we will drop to time and a half or is it less??? Also woukd  possible redundancy affect any of this???

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk