News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 10:18AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 280
Total: 284

Returns

Started by Nomad, 16-02-23, 11:19AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

Surrey mum vows never to shop at Tesco again after 'finding plastic in bacon'

QuoteThe mum contacted Tesco and asked for a refund, but was told the only way that would be possible would be to bring the bacon into the store herself to get her money back. Taria said: "I don't drive, and my husband is disabled. We live in Chilworth. I had ordered the bacon as part of my online food shop. If I was to get to Tesco I'd have to get the train to the Park Barn superstore in Guildford. It would end up costing me more to get the train there for the refund."

Assuming all facts to be true should Tesco arrange for .com to collect and return offending item back to store for a refund  :question:
Nomad ( Forum Admin )
It's better to be up in arms than down on your knees.

chris9997

Not sure this is entirely true because I have home shopping delivered and been refunded when an item is faulty with no need to take item back.  It could also be that this customer always has issues with items in delivery.

randomworker

Quote from: Nomad on 16-02-23, 11:19AMSurrey mum vows never to shop at Tesco again after 'finding plastic in bacon'

QuoteThe mum contacted Tesco and asked for a refund, but was told the only way that would be possible would be to bring the bacon into the store herself to get her money back. Taria said: "I don't drive, and my husband is disabled. We live in Chilworth. I had ordered the bacon as part of my online food shop. If I was to get to Tesco I'd have to get the train to the Park Barn superstore in Guildford. It would end up costing me more to get the train there for the refund."

Assuming all facts to be true should Tesco arrange for .com to collect and return offending item back to store for a refund  :question:

No they shouldn't.

This is another example of an individual thinking the world should stop and revolve around them.

If she so worried about the health of the nation on rogue contaminated meat then she has to put the effort in and get off her backside and commit to changing the world for the better. However that is not the case and is just someone moaning and the old saying "first world problems spring to mind"

Nomad

randomworker you therefore must believe that any item ordered via the internet or mail order should be returned by the customer to the warehouse/shop/DC it was dispatched from, even if it is another country.

8-)  8-)
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

oldfashionedplayer

wouldnt say need a dotcom to arrange collection.. simply a case of "submit the information of whats wrong via uploading a video + pictures" with order number - send a goodwill giftcard + refund ... simple business to keep things out of media mainly would of been the way to do it but also to show the "we're sorry this happened to you" approach...

simple fact is, if you get foreign objects or c**p or whatever in your stuff, i expect a refund.. decent human being thing to do but generally know how the population is these days...  8-)

randomworker

Quote from: Nomad on 16-02-23, 02:30PMrandomworker you therefore must believe that any item ordered via the internet or mail order should be returned by the customer to the warehouse/shop/DC it was dispatched from, even if it is another country.

8-)  8-)

Jesus we really do have a common sense problem on this forum with some individuals.

This whole story is a nothing burger and I don't expect Tesco or any supermarket company to drive to someone's house to pick up food that has been contaminated.

lackofinterest

I'd say f*** you're refund, your loss!, I'd never spend another penny with tosco >:D

Nomad

I'm unsure if randomworker has the ability to understand or grasp a principal, or perhaps only came on VLH to insult people.

Customers are entitled to a refund for faulty goods, no matter the value of the goods.

If the refund is dependent on the goods being returned to the sender then as the goods are faulty then the onus is on the seller to collect the goods, OR send the refund and tell the customer to dispose of the goods.

It is NOT the customers responsibility to return delivered items not of merchantable quality, whether that is a £2 packet of bacon or a £150 coat.

Got a few but I was expecting more replies giving a balanced viewpoint on faulty goods/refunds and return or not.
Nomad ( Forum Admin )

Totot

In my opinion, if it is true, tesco just need to refund it without asking the item back, and apologized. If they really want to, the most they can only ask the pic of the item.

If it is my business, and I worry someone might have pull the fast one, I just need to see, if it is a regular thing from this person, or general customer, or it is just an exception.

If there is no pattern of doing this, and it is just an exception without even knowing if it is genuine or fraud, refund immediately without asking to send the item back.

madness

Hi mr customer.
Im sorry you have had a problem with this.
We have refunded you original delivery charge as compensation and given you a £10 voucher.
We will investigate how plastic got into your product to see if is an issolated incident or more widepread.

Thats it end of issue.

gomezz

Looks like the plastic from the covering of the tray that was not fully removed by the customer before use.  This often does not come off in on whole piece but leaves strips of the kind shown.
"The progress of the kart is more important than its direction"

madness

Is there a scam a customer can do with always ordering the same item and always rejecting it at the door?
We now have a running joke about Mrs xxxx customer who returns the same ordered thing every week despite it being well in date and fine quality wise.
(No drivers leave these items now they always get refunded.

Villager No.6

Is it a fairly low value order? We have a regular that orders just over the minimum basket order then sends an item back for refund that way saving a £4 min basket charge.

madness

Nah its always at least 3 trays so well over £50

johnven

Quote from: madness on 19-04-23, 11:36PMIs there a scam a customer can do with always ordering the same item and always rejecting it at the door?
We now have a running joke about Mrs xxxx customer who returns the same ordered thing every week despite it being well in date and fine quality wise.
(No drivers leave these items now they always get refunded.

Could be a way of getting money out of her other half. If they send the amount of the shopping to her and don't know about the refund so she can keep it.

londoner83

Is it someone block booking delivery slots weeks in advance by ordering 1 item that they fail to take out when amending the order?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk