News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 03:04PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,129
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 471
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 435
Total: 437

Core days

Started by BritishRacingGreen, 08-04-23, 09:12AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BritishRacingGreen

Hi - does anyone know - will core days still be applicable after Week 8, or will availability totally take over?

Ashbeck

Your draft shift pattern will still apply. It will only move you within your availability and skills if your department is over hours.

BritishRacingGreen

Thank you. No draft shift pattern is showing on a new contract. Is this available elsewhere? I have searched all over help to no avail.

whatajoke2019

BritishRacingGreen

Thank you for the link Whatajoke but I cannot access the information - I'm not a line manager - just a lowly colleague  :( No-one seems to know how the system will work after week 8.

whatajoke2019

Trying to get around myself in terms of what I found on Colleague Help as I don't have access either.

It looks like a 'draft shift' could well be your current core hours i.e. Monday 10am-7pm - but if you said you were available last year as part of the meetings you gave an availability window of 8am-8pm on that Monday then you'd only be scheduled to work within those hours e.g. system decides you're needed to work 8am-5pm because the store is dead after 5pm.

If you didn't give any additional availability beyond the hours you work now i.e. you didn't give any availability on a Saturday as that's the day you're needed at home for childcare then I get the impression the system won't schedule you to that day.

londoner83

You can only be scheduled within your availability window, so if you only want to work Mon-Fri 10-2 don't give any extra availability. If you have a 8am to 8pm availability window you could well be working different shifts every day

If your department is over hours you could be scheduled to work on other areas you are trained on.

sammy

In my store is about 3000 hour over manned. And our ufc is 1400 over manned too. They've just dumped the 10 of the 12 stock control staff onto fresh as job 14 at night doesn't happen anymore from 2 weeks ago. And none of them want to move from there 5pm starts till 6am. When we had meetings with  managers last years they  were telling staff unless you ticked extra you will get no overtime as you won't be able to see it on the app. So a lot of people are very worried as to what there going to have to work going forward. I think till mid June though it will still be you contacted days just moving you around department . From June your contacted days could be anything you've given them. We was told it's starts scheduling shifts this week on the app for 3 weeks time 

BritishRacingGreen

Hi guys - thank you all for your responses. I guess we will all have to wait and see what happens at week 8.

Tazd9t9

Excuse my ignorance here but nothing has been mentioned about this in our store. I am down for 6 departments soon to be 7 does this mean that from week 8 i might have random shifts on any of these departments booked for me as long as they are in the availability window I gave when I started?

Sherwoodforest

@,taz your availabilty window is so you can see what overtime available,it will only show you overtime for that,but on your core days you could be on numerous depts your trained on
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

madness

sherwood forrest.
It is supposed to work like that but i can see and take 4am fruit and veg filling shifts despite the fact i have my availability from 7am.

Morris999

Availability windows for overtime ended in October with the contract changes.
Availability windows are now purely for the purposes of moving the colleagues around with the changes starting next week!
If you have been told otherwise I suggest you check what availability you have given as the system will move if needed!

BritishRacingGreen

Availability can be changed at any time. I changed mine this morning.

Littlething

Can I ask about the Job 14 comment please
How many stores have got rid of job 14 in an evening?
Is this still on trial or actually happening?

biggerpicture

It's still a trial yet

fatlad

Wtf is job 14?

sammy

You say that we've been told it's only a trial for 2 weeks we're on week 2 now, and more stores are being added each week for the next few weeks from our group.  From next week the 10 job 14 people  will be given new departments, at the moment they're just all filling in dairy and produce none of them want to move to the 6am start they've all been offered too to scan in and do the reductions. As harsh as this sound it really does work even with having to do 2 days reductions last week everyone was like this is the wrong week to start as there wasn't much notice given.

JJH

Anyone with a primary skill of personal shopper is for the time being excluded from scheduler to skills

Sherwoodforest

@fatlad job14 is date checking for reductions,usually done in the evenings but trialing going on for morning checking atm
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

Tazd9t9

When is week 8?

londoner83

Week 8 is now. You will be able to see your schedule for week 11 from Friday afternoon......
Then the fun will begin as Doris who has spent 10 years sat on a till finds she is now expected to fill Frozen on a Monday, and HB on a Wednesday when tills are over manned and Jack on produce who goes to lunch at 1pm everyday discovers he is required on tills 12.30-1.30 every day.

Morris999

Week 8 is next week!
This week is week 7!
Only managers will see the schedule for week 11 on Friday, colleagues will see week 11 from Monday!
However as schedules have been updating on Mondays instead of Fridays recently it remains to be seen what changes will be available for managers to see this Friday!

londoner83

The schedule is there to be seen by managers now and has made some interesting choices.....

Can see a few colleagues deeply unhappy when they get to see where they are working

sammy

I can see on my app where I've been schedule now and not at all on my primary department and there 1 person a day on the department for 8 hours on fresh in a large extra store. And I've been  Been sent to checkout all day.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk