News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 09:23PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,124
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 292
Total: 298

Pay review 2023

Started by person7, 05-02-23, 02:55PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coupe_tom

I've had my pay review, satisfactory gone from 28700 to 29900 in just over a year I've gone from being nearly 8k above starting to 1200 above starting, now in the low range bracket,never had a miss almost always met with the odd exceeded!

madness

Quote from: SAMCRO on 11-05-23, 12:12PMLooks to me that team managers are vastly overpaid. £30k - £44k a year for a role that requires zero skills and zero education. You lot are having a laugh.
Funny how 90% of the GAs in our store always say "they never would want the job"

44K won't br achieveable for at least 5 years and 10 i recon as Tesco will limit the max % an exceed can give you going forward to keep the carrot dangling.

NightAndDay

£28k a year isn't bad for starter TM salary, definitely a significant improvement from the £22k minimum a few short years ago. It could have been a lot worse for all involved I think.

JJH

Quote from: SAMCRO on 11-05-23, 12:12PMLooks to me that team managers are vastly overpaid. £30k - £44k a year for a role that requires zero skills and zero education. You lot are having a laugh.

Don't even know where to start with that, I'm sure you're just looking for attention.

If it's that easy, why don't you do it?

BritishRacingGreen

Hammer10

Not bad money for sitting in an office doing paperwork .

SAMCRO

We all like a moan and grumble but Tesco does pay its management team very well. I've been with the company long enough to remember "the good old days", when each department had a manager, a team leader and numerous full-time and part time GAs. Those were the easy days when departments practically ran themselves purely because there was an abundance of staff.

Management has been stripped back so far now that a team manager can be in charge of fresh, produce, bakery and non-food, all these departments with no team leaders and a skeleton GA crew. You'd think that this would mean that managers would actually have to do some work - but no - we have shift leaders now who are doing all the donkey work with the GAs. Management can continue to sit and hide away upstairs in the office and canteen. Pretending to book holidays and do admin work - much of which has actually been simplified or taken away from them completely.

It doesn't matter that a manager is now doing the job that 3 managers used to do. This is how it should have always been. Some stores used to have a manager for each department - a complete waste of money and one reason why the company is in such a mess now trying to save as much money as possible.

Night Owl

Having recently left due to redundancy, I am glad I have left. I too remember the good old days, 20 Managers, most with at least 2 team leaders, store now on 3 TM, and 4 shift leads. When there is a late delivery, sick calls etc, there is no way TM will be in the office or canteen. I was regularly working 2+ hours a day extra, supporting my team on the shop floor, I cared for my team & supported as much as I could.
Yes TM wages have deservedly increased, but only 8 years ago as a night manager I was earning over £42K with my Sunday premiums.
To anyone thinking TM job is easy, give it a go. I had over 30 years with T***o and I feel for the TM I left behind.

Jeff123

Quote from: BBA on 11-05-23, 11:46AM
Quote from: Morris999 on 10-05-23, 10:14AMHad mine this morning, got 5.25% for an exceed review! on just over 30k now!
Told SM I'm not impressed or happy about it.

Apparently the feedback from other SM's to the SD is that all managers are very happy with their reviews!
I got up and walked out at that point.
I have spoken to other managers at local stores, they have told their SM's the same as me.
Looks like the SM's are feeding back BS!
: how is each one so different.
I got outstanding
My current salary is £30,807, I got 7% pay rise taking me to £32,963.

I was told as a team manager now we can earn upto £42k

However what annoys me is that for three years I didn't get a payrise off the back of  my exceeds as they were called then as I was at the top end of the banding and now at nearly £33k I'm classed by as mid band!
  >:(
Quote from: Morris999 on 10-05-23, 10:14AMHad mine this morning, got 5.25% for an exceed review! on just over 30k now!
Told SM I'm not impressed or happy about it.

Apparently the feedback from other SM's to the SD is that all managers are very happy with their reviews!
I got up and walked out at that point.
I have spoken to other managers at local stores, they have told their SM's the same as me.
Looks like the SM's are feeding back BS!

I never had a review all year was given a poor result based on what? No one to ones no reviews? Is that fair ?

madness

Thing is its a 2 for 1 for tesco. here is your pay rise (except its not a pay rise as inflation has eroded it.)
Also here is 3x the management workload and responsibiltiy.

Mike7679

Is there a bonus paid this year ??

whatajoke2019

There's a bonus being paid to salaried colleagues, yes - details are on Colleague Help.

SAMCRO

Bonus and pay raise for managers.

Is it really that tough for managers now? I can't remember the last time a manager opened or closed the store. They have shift leaders now for that. The same shift leaders who are now duty managers in everything but name and pay grade. Holidays will soon be booked and agreed/declined via an app. Never understood the drama about booking holidays anyway as it's only done once a year, it's not a daily task. Store scheduler will be allocating where GAs work for the day. Any sick calls and holidays then shift leaders will be picking up the pieces. I honestly could not say when I last witnessed a manager work stock, fill a shelf or de-card. I suppose it's not their job is it, and I am really unsure what is anymore.

Morrissey1912

No bonus for ordinary colleagues

King1999

No we're just the skivies they are rinsing.

londoner83

But you "skivies" have had multiple pay rises over the past few years which aren't linked to your precieved performance.....
And apparently when asked staff preferred a higher weekly wage than a one off bonus.

SAMCRO

GA pay increases barely keeping up with inflation. Primark are paying £11 an hour. Tesco competitors lead the way with increases and Tesco now pay the bare minimum they can get away with.

I suspect the reason so many GAs choose to stay at Tesco is because it is convenient. Frankly for old-timer GAs we have sussed that it's easier than it's ever been for us, we have been shafted year after year so simply don't put the effort in anymore. Do the bare minimum, clock out and go home. Team support, shift leaders and managers are all on good money now, they also wanted the progression so leave them to crack on.

1982dave

When were staff even asked about pay rise over bonus ????   And Tesco the the aparent best in how it treats and looks after it's staff when now we are the worst paid yet again and obvious managers on here complaining about ga pay rises is a tad pathetic when by law  and Tesco trying to show face with there competitors is the only reason we hit 11£ a hour is that the colleagues fault not at all ... but let's all feel sorry for managers for earning several thousand pound more a year than the lowly colleagues for now doing less work than ever before because the overwhelming majority is now done by shift leaders laughable oh but don't worry managers getting a decent enough pay rise and bonus this year when some managers bonus in one go than a colleagues aparent years worth pay rise

SAMCRO

I have zero sympathy for the situation some managers now find themselves in. They had it good for a long long time. I spent years working nights, we were the unsung heroes, the team who worked their backside off all night every night to deliver the store. We'd do all the grocery delivery, H&B & GM delivery and then team fill the fresh and produce delivery when it arrived at 5am. PI would do all batch 1 and batch 2 labels. Day staff had nothing to do apart from odd bits of back stock and reductions - and this was at a time when staff levels were at their highest - including a manager for each and every department.

Davethebave

I would have gladly gave up my yearly bonus (not guaranteed) and my performance based pay rise (not guaranteed) for the guaranteed % pay rise that GAs get.

This shouldn't be a manger vs GA, who does more or less etc. This is about tesco not paying anyone what they deserve

chris9997

Quote from: londoner83 on 12-05-23, 08:06PMBut you "skivvies" have had multiple pay rises over the past few years which aren't linked to your perceived performance.....
And apparently when asked staff preferred a higher weekly wage than a one off bonus.
But us skivvies are only just paid around what the law dictates, no special rates here.
The management teams were fully aware of the performance related pay when they took on the job, and this determination of if you have met or exceeded the grade has been around a long time.

jgerry

Why are people saying that GA's have had such amazing pay increases? We are 60p above minimum wage...

SAMCRO

No bonus and a lower rate for Sunday premiums. USDAW continue to sell us down the river

jgerry

Usdaw haven't had a single penny from me for several years and never will do either. They are an absolute joke of a union

Been here too long

Quote from: 1989Miller on 10-05-23, 10:58AMI had my pay award yesterday over the phone.  Been a night manager over 13 years, always been a MET. 
I got a 4.7% rise this year with a great performance

Loyalty and performance means nothing in tesco..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk