News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

18-04-24, 07:39AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,354
  • Total Topics: 636
  • Online today: 292
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 279
Total: 279

Pay review 2023

Started by person7, 05-02-23, 02:55PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJH

Quote from: Jeff123 on 09-05-23, 01:42PMAny team managers willing to share pay review info to compare and make sense of what they have done and how fair it is?
Think it would help to compare from a wide pool

I was on £28750 and with a met received a 8.7% increase. I'm content with that rise, I was fully prepared to be disappointed.

From what my SM said the banding has been moved/increased and top end is potentially £42K or £44K, I can't recall.

AsdaBeBetter

Quote from: Jeff123 on 09-05-23, 01:42PMAny team managers willing to share pay review info to compare and make sense of what they have done and how fair it is?
Mine was 6.35%

Lucifer

Why are you using met and exceed for reviews? Thought it was new system with everyone
 Below expectation
Satisfactory
Great
Or outstanding.
So haven't found out my payrise yet is everyone pleased so far?

JJH

Old habits on the terminology! Only just stopped using RAG  :D

Fornton

In my view the company is a complete disgrace. I work in a 1.2 million a week store that once had the following, bakery/ bread and cakes manager, fruit and veg manager, and dairy meat and poultry manager plus a lead fresh manager, now it has just one manager for all of fresh. The total combined salary was once around 130k plus a year to oversee all these areas, now its deemed just one persons job. The pay review as per usual is a complete farce, the starting rate for a position that size should be at least 36k starting,  all this talk about wanting to 'level up' managers pay is a joke all that is doing is penalising those managers that have performed in previous years and offering them shameful if any payrise, now they have the cheek to say you can actually get to a fair pay for your job if you achieve an outstanding grade for the next 10 years.....

Teddybonkers

What about a baked beans manager. Didn't you have one of them? :D

HelpsVeryLittle

Quote from: JJH on 09-05-23, 05:07PM

I was on £28750 and with a met received a 8.7% increase. I'm content with that rise, I was fully prepared to be disappointed.

From what my SM said the banding has been moved/increased and top end is potentially £42K or £44K, I can't recall.

Lucky you. I was on 29k, had a Great review and only got a 5.25% rise.

Lucifer

How is the % so different between the two of you specially the Great review being lower?

TechSupporter

Its all about the pay banding.

Anyone over 29k has been shafted even on great reviews to a limit of around 6%

Food for thought though - There's LOTS of newish managers that have recently gone from £24,000ish in November 2022 to £28,500 in June 2023.

Yet high scoring managers, higher up in the current pay bandings from previous performance related pay increases got roughly 1.6k  ???

Jeff123

So am I right in saying if you have long service and a good track record of delivering there's a minimal pay rise due, that's great several years of poor pay rises working hard committing yourself to Tesco for decades just to be treated poorly again and taken advantage off, Length of service and loyalty equals foolish idiot 😂

TechSupporter

NightAndDay

Though not in the Retail area of the business, I got a 15.4% pay increase taking my salary to £179k a year, but that was also on the back of exceed performance reviews.

madness

If i were on that kinda money damned if i would waste my time coming back to this site for any reason.

Heythere84

Dairy & produce manager now on £31,460
4.25% increase. Been at Tesco 32 years

Jeff123

Quote from: Heythere84 on 10-05-23, 07:08AMDairy & produce manager now on £31,460
4.25% increase. Been at Tesco 32 years

As I said length off service and loyalty being eroded, really makes you feel valued, seen heard and recognised 😂 no point in pushing for decent reviews anymore time to coast

Morris999

Had mine this morning, got 5.25% for an exceed review! on just over 30k now!
Told SM I'm not impressed or happy about it.

Apparently the feedback from other SM's to the SD is that all managers are very happy with their reviews!
I got up and walked out at that point.
I have spoken to other managers at local stores, they have told their SM's the same as me.
Looks like the SM's are feeding back BS!

Been here too long

I had my pay award yesterday over the phone.  Been a night manager over 13 years, always been a MET. 
I got a 4.7% rise this year with a great review.. my other manager collegeue, been signed off less than a year got a 14.55% pay rise! Now on either same or more as me..

Loyalty and performance means nothing in tesco..

Time to go

Not had my Payreview yet, but I predicted this would happen during the restructuring and Shift leaders pay was increased.

No doubt my pay review wont reflect the fact I now have triple the amount of staff (probably more than quadruple during seasonal times) and half the shop to run.

Seems being loyal and working hard for almost 20 years and consistantly getting met/ exceeds kicks you right in the nuts one day. That day has come.

Fornton

Like previously mentioned, most managers are lucky to even get a review, like most things its pre determined and a farce. There's a good reason why the likes of aldi and lidl will bag most market share in the years ahead, that's because they advertise their jobs as being hardwork, but unlike tesco the discounters pay accordingly 36k plus for a similar if not smaller scale job...

AsdaBeBetter

I didn't even get the chance to fill in the section on My Contribution, just asked to jot some things down on a sheet of paper!

Teddybonkers

Quote from: NightAndDay on 10-05-23, 12:10AMThough not in the Retail area of the business, I got a 15.4% pay increase taking my salary to £179k a year, but that was also on the back of exceed performance reviews.

Dreamer (-*-)

JJH

The problem is the company are still trying to level up TM's pay after years of manipulation.

For all too long you could move to a store 20 minutes up the road and receive a decent bump for doing so!

londoner83

Agree. Far too many managers changed store every 9-12 months getting a decent bump each time; whilst those who remained in 1 store effectively got penalised.

Long term when departments no longer exist and you purely manage a equal number of colleagues surely it would make sense to pay everyone the same basic wage and adjust the bonus on performance.

BBA

Quote from: Morris999 on 10-05-23, 10:14AMHad mine this morning, got 5.25% for an exceed review! on just over 30k now!
Told SM I'm not impressed or happy about it.

Apparently the feedback from other SM's to the SD is that all managers are very happy with their reviews!
I got up and walked out at that point.
I have spoken to other managers at local stores, they have told their SM's the same as me.
Looks like the SM's are feeding back BS!
: how is each one so different.
I got outstanding
My current salary is £30,807, I got 7% pay rise taking me to £32,963.

I was told as a team manager now we can earn upto £42k

However what annoys me is that for three years I didn't get a payrise off the back of  my exceeds as they were called then as I was at the top end of the banding and now at nearly £33k I'm classed by as mid band!
  >:(

SAMCRO

Looks to me that team managers are vastly overpaid. £30k - £44k a year for a role that requires zero skills and zero education. You lot are having a laugh.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk