News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

29-03-24, 01:49PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,129
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 471
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 400
Total: 405

New changes happening October.

Started by Bobmay, 28-08-22, 12:03PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davethebave

Managers are able to see it and amend it today. Colleagues are able to see it from Tuesday.

kaled78

amend it?,so basically leave people where they are :D

Davethebave

Haha, yes and no.

Some of the moves it made didn't make sense. Moving 5 people to self service for example when it only actually needs to 2 manning it.

Some other moves made perfect sense, pre moving someone to cover a CSD break for example on the tablet so front end have a better view of when they might need support

Morris999

Colleagues are able to see it in my store today and have been kicking off over it!
After us managers looking out for it all yesterday and nothing happening, it was the colleagues first thing this morning that noticed it had changed first.
To say it's making stupid discussions about who's working where is an understatement.
The SM has told us all to not plan anything for Monday and to go over it with a fine tooth Combe and sort it out.

kaled78

just heard from some of my work mates,who can see it today,that it appears to be taking early pickers off .com and putting them elsewhere,then allocating other store staff to pick in the afternoon,surely that is when availability will be poor?

Hellsbells

I'm a GA who's primary dept is dairy I'm down one day to just work 1.30/1600 on my primary  bearing in mind every one leaves at 11.15 so lord only knows who will be doing the reductions
it also wants me to have 1.15 mins break between 7 and 11  absolute joke

Justaporkpie

So if say two members of staff are on the same Primary department and work the same hours, for example on a Wednesday and one of them gets moved to another department that day, who is responsible for deciding which of the two colleagues gets moved?

sammy

There only 1 person on my primary department a day at the moment (fresh) . And I've been scheduled to work on checkouts all day 8 hour day

londoner83

The computer programme.....

Its made weird decisions and I struggle to see how anyone off tills for example can deliver anything worthwhile in a mere one hour slot on a trading area.

Gorilla68

Seen some of my schedule today....on my primary department for less than 2 days a week, split of 4 different departments on 2 other days, then on checkouts for a full shift on a Saturday - ironically, 2 checkout staff are covering my primary on the Saturday....also scheduled on an area that I am not trained in  - great system!!!

Hellsbells

So if there's 2 people on a dept and one is doing overtime why is the person who's contract shift moved to another dept doesn't make sense

Davethebave

The one who's contracted gets moved because your area is classed as being over hours, so the system moves you to an area that's under.

The system doesn't take OT in to account and won't move people into available overtime shifts.

Not really the game changing system that would make a leaner management system easier. A lot more work has to go into it than before

JJH

As a dotcom manager I've got people from other areas scheduled to be a personal shopper until 6pm  :D

Shambles

whatajoke2019

Quote from: Justaporkpie on 15-04-23, 08:12PMSo if say two members of staff are on the same Primary department and work the same hours, for example on a Wednesday and one of them gets moved to another department that day, who is responsible for deciding which of the two colleagues gets moved?

In my case my TM will decide to move me because I'm multi-skilled but it did make me laugh - the day in question it's scheduled two of us to work together actually doesn't warrant two people on it from start to finish and, apart from Christmas/holiday, hasn't really done so since they got rid of compliance managers.

kaled78

Hearing more laughable moves the system has generated this morning,it has taken the trolley boy off trollies and put him on w&s for a whole day,then moved a cashier to produce for the same day,then a guy from produce onto trollies on the same day :question:

Johnzo88

Does anybody on night shift actually use the Mytesco app? On my night shift, overtime is given out on Sat night by manager who goes round and asks staff if they want it.  That's weekly, not the 3 weeks notice that its supposed to be.  Also manager at start of shift tells staff where to work, and moves people around throughout the shift where needed.  Certainly don't go with what the Mytesco app says for staff.  And doubt they will in future.

5fdp

That's what we do on night shift. Don't get overtime 3 weeks in advance. Only given when the SM gives it out the week before. Mytesco not used at all except for payslips. 

Just a number

How do GA's actually see where they are working/supposed to work, I don't think many of us have been instructed on where to look. Thanks

BritishRacingGreen

On the calendar on My Tesco, click on the date you're interested in and scroll down. The day, date and time of shift will show and which department.

Ashbeck

Quote from: 5fdp on 16-04-23, 10:22AMThat's what we do on night shift. Don't get overtime 3 weeks in advance. Only given when the SM gives it out the week before. Mytesco not used at all except for payslips. 

It's how we do it too but we do manage to do it 3 weeks in advance because we know what resource we will need and can plan ahead.

The new system is a great big fail though and our store spent all of yesterday trying to fix what it had done.

londoner83

Going forward though the theory is we will have a fully flexible workforce able to work anywhere.

Why spend hours each week "correcting" what the system has put in place? Surely its better to have Ethel from tills on BWS, Tom from BWS on produce and Mike from produce on tills for their shift so they gain more experience.

As hours get less and less in areas you simply won't be able to spend a full 7.5hr shift doing PI, Stock, Cash Office, Wages etc so it makes sense to get people to work multiple roles.

However I do question what someone will achieve on a new area in a single one hour slot....

In my store the biggest issue will be following the computer generated break times. That will not go down well.

lackofinterest

i will take my breaks as and when i need them as i always have done and not when a computer says i can >:D

NorthbyNorthwest

Well, I'm in work today and have seen some colleagues laugh and some having meltdowns. This new system will not work in it's current form and I for one am glad I will no longer have to be involved with it in the future.

Justaporkpie

I would assume, having been moved from your primary department to another area in store, that your primary department should not have overtime hours covering your shift. If this does happen then surely you can object, after all it's called your Primary department for a reason.

BritishRacingGreen

I would've liked to have seen my rota before it was normalised.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk