Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

27-04-24, 07:32AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,423
  • Total Topics: 640
  • Online today: 553
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 538
Total: 541

Booking holidays online, has anyone manage it yet?

Started by redeo, 07-06-23, 11:51PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redeo

Quote from: BritishRacingGreen on 08-06-23, 07:10PMUsed the app this morning to book a day off. Worked faster than I thought it would and the time away was confirmed before lunch. Have to say I was sceptical but it worked perfectly for me.
Booking worked but cancelling single days as part of a holidays doesn't.

Also list of previous and upcoming holidays isn't loading for me.

BritishRacingGreen

I just clicked on 'time away' box on the dashboard and all came up immediately.
I've just tried clicking on requests and then absences and hols come up singly. I'm on hols all this week but only today is showing and only upto June 2023 is appearing in the drop down calendar boxes.
I've not tried to cancel any days yet - does the 'withdraw'or 'edit' button not enable this?

grim up north

How does this online booking hols work? And are you doing it in work time or in your own time?

JJH

Via the my tesco app under time away, send a request and it will send a notification to your manager.

Entirely up to you when you opt to do it

grim up north

So it doesn't actually 'book' the holidays, it just sends a request to the manager? Are the management ok if you're stood with your phone during working time if you tell them you're putting in a holiday request?

BritishRacingGreen

Mine are. Same as filling in the old form and submitting it to them.

JJH

Quote from: grim up north on 27-06-23, 02:58PMSo it doesn't actually 'book' the holidays, it just sends a request to the manager? Are the management ok if you're stood with your phone during working time if you tell them you're putting in a holiday request?
No it replaces the holiday request form.

As a manager I wouldn't have a problem with it, in fact I'd be encouraging it amongst certain colleagues who for some bizarre reason are a nightmare for getting their holidays booked!

Fair few of my guys would often go home and fill out a holiday form as they can discuss with family etc. That's entirely their choice though.

oldfashionedplayer

Holiday forms are still allowed, if your refused then take that as start of the 7 days, colleague help will back you up on that, already had the issue with managers myself regarding it (managers aren't allowed to refuse to take a holiday form, if a manager is off, someone below has to take and also do the holidays) - so don't take the nonsense of "got to wait until their back" etc.

You can use the app, use a mpc and login in work time, hand in a paper form, sit down with your manager to book them on the system, or ask your manager to book them.

Those are the verified options.

Wonder woman

You never filled in your holiday forms during your shift so why would you do it on the app during your shift?
This was for Grim up North

grim up north

Err, yes I did fill the forms out whilst at work

Charlie Harper

I was wondering...If a manager was dragging his/her heels & a request goes over the 7 days, does the app automatically approve the request?

oldfashionedplayer

nope, the app won't automatically approve, it'll sit with the manager and is apparently supposed to notify their manager that it hasn't been dealt with, but it is classed as approved, you just need to give them a nudge to sort it, so wait 8 days do it on the 8th or the 9th day to tell them that they need to authorise it.

Q. How many days does the manager get to approve the holiday or will it auto approve? Is there a time limit?

A. Our company policy is that a manager will respond to a holiday request within 7 days and where this is not responded to, the colleague can consider the holiday as authorised. However, you should be aware that the system will not auto approve a holiday request if a manager has failed to respond. If the colleague's request is not approved by a manager, this will remain pending until it is approved. (goes on a bit)

Hammer10

Better off going back to paper booking this online stuff is rubbish it won't work.

JJH

Why not? Seems to work perfectly well so far and is far quicker for me as a manager than dealing with those awful holiday forms.

fatlad

Completely agree, I booked all my hols on the app without any issues & was much quicker

BritishRacingGreen

Quote from: Hammer10 on 12-07-23, 09:20AMBetter off going back to paper booking this online stuff is rubbish it won't work.
Does for me 😊
Just done 2024's with no hiccups.

Charlie Harper

Quote from: oldfashionedplayer on 12-07-23, 01:22AMnope, the app won't automatically approve, it'll sit with the manager and is apparently supposed to notify their manager that it hasn't been dealt with, but it is classed as approved, you just need to give them a nudge to sort it, so wait 8 days do it on the 8th or the 9th day to tell them that they need to authorise it.

Q. How many days does the manager get to approve the holiday or will it auto approve? Is there a time limit?

A. Our company policy is that a manager will respond to a holiday request within 7 days and where this is not responded to, the colleague can consider the holiday as authorised. However, you should be aware that the system will not auto approve a holiday request if a manager has failed to respond. If the colleague's request is not approved by a manager, this will remain pending until it is approved. (goes on a bit)
Thanks for that oldfashionedplayer  :thumbup:

Another thing I've noticed...while a request is pending, it doesn't say the date the request was submitted. Which could prove problematic in 'proving' the 7 days had passed.
There is a date there, but that keeps changing/updating.

Solution...screenshot on submission.

Charlie Harper

Quote from: BritishRacingGreen on 12-07-23, 11:30AM
Quote from: Hammer10 on 12-07-23, 09:20AMBetter off going back to paper booking this online stuff is rubbish it won't work.
Does for me 😊
Just done 2024's with no hiccups.
Agreed, Works well other than 1 or 2 small issues (re my other post) & very easy to do (actually even easier than the old paper way).

Sherwoodforest

@charlie harper maybe it changes if your team manager on day off,holiday etc!im not sure,if their off you couldnt physically hand them a paper copy,so maybe it only recieves request from when they return to work
Tesco Finest Karma,best served bent over💩

FarmerFred

Plenty of businesses out there have been successfully running such systems for years. Tesco is way behind the times on this front!

BritishRacingGreen

Quote from: Sherwoodforest on 12-07-23, 04:44PM@charlie harper maybe it changes if your team manager on day off,holiday etc!im not sure,if their off you couldnt physically hand them a paper copy,so maybe it only recieves request from when they return to work
Some have been dealt with immediately - my manager was in.
Others I've waited for approval when he's been off. I really don't see a problem - a paper submission wouldn't have been able to be dealt with until his return to work.
It's satisfying that I can submit wherever/whenever I like and receive an answer wherever I am.

oldfashionedplayer

Quote from: Charlie Harper on 12-07-23, 04:19PMAnother thing I've noticed...while a request is pending, it doesn't say the date the request was submitted. Which could prove problematic in 'proving' the 7 days had passed.
There is a date there, but that keeps changing/updating.

Solution...screenshot on submission.
Agreed, screenshot, though if anyone wants to contest it, it's noted on the information guide that it's timestamped when submitted and approved /declined / withdrawn etc, so people can always request colleague help to bring the data up to use  >:D

Hammer10

oldfashionedplayer

what wont? submitting? if so just hand in a paper form, saves the hassle.

Fuchsia Bloom

Anyone having issues where the holiday entitlement hours keep changing on the app?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk