Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:12AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,115
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 316
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 286
Total: 290

Changing departments twice within 6 months?

Started by Chambers21, 06-05-21, 01:19PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chambers21

I recently agreed to change departments and move out onto the click & collect hub but a few days before was told that that vacency had been taken and so had my current job. I was then given no choice but to move onto Dot Com Picking, being told that was the only available vacancy. Today (a week later) I am told there has been a Dairy vacancy advertised for over 3 weeks (which i would have to drop hours for but am more than happy to do so) however a union rep has told me I can't apply for it until i've been on this department for 6 months. Is this true? If not how do I go about applying for this vacancy? I really want to change departments I don't think I can put up with the physicality or being treated how we are treated on Dot Com. I also feel it was unfair how I was told I would be on one department until the very last minute. The vacancy i was meant to have was given to a new managers old employee from a different store. Sorry for the long message and bad punctuation but I am very annoyed and upset.   

Rad

Speak to whoever your people partner is.  You should have remained in your existing role.  Your current job cant be taken if you are not allowed to move to another.

Chambers21

I have no idea what or who my people partner is but I am going to talk to a union rep tomorrow

Welshie

100% they can not do this , if your new role is unavailable then you stay in your old one . Also if you were told you got a new role then it should be your job , it should not be given to someone else .

Tommo1961

Ask your manager for a grievance form.  Then ask union rep to help you fill it in as the wording has to be precise.  Name all managers in it. You can also ask that it be heard out of store if you feel that it's the managers that haven't treated you fairly.  (They don't want it to go out of store) be surprised if your not given your choice of department.

Batmanjo

Quote from: Chambers21 on 06-05-21, 01:19PM
I recently agreed to change departments and move out onto the click & collect hub but a few days before was told that that vacency had been taken and so had my current job. I was then given no choice but to move onto Dot Com Picking, being told that was the only available vacancy. Today (a week later) I am told there has been a Dairy vacancy advertised for over 3 weeks (which i would have to drop hours for but am more than happy to do so) however a union rep has told me I can't apply for it until i've been on this department for 6 months. Is this true? If not how do I go about applying for this vacancy? I really want to change departments I don't think I can put up with the physicality or being treated how we are treated on Dot Com. I also feel it was unfair how I was told I would be on one department until the very last minute. The vacancy i was meant to have was given to a new managers old employee from a different store. Sorry for the long message and bad punctuation but I am very annoyed and upset.

How on earth can they give you a job that you have not applied for ?? Grievance it straight away see your rep to see what path you can take.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk