News:

Welcome to V.L.H

Main Menu
Welcome to verylittlehelps. Please login or sign up.

28-03-24, 11:30PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 38,127
  • Total Topics: 630
  • Online today: 325
  • Online ever: 1,436
  • (24-01-24, 01:01AM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 288
Total: 291

Disciplinary Meeting

Started by tempo35, 29-04-20, 10:20AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinkerbell1234

No I have the letter, when the meeting started she said allegation of tearing letter and throwing it at manager, I was shocked and said my invite letter does not say that, she asked to see the letter then said to note taker have to change  the wording union was taking notes too so should be there.  I feel I'm being targeted because I had investigation regarding putting cigs behind till from delivery but process was not followed I did not get invite, I put them in safe place but colleague who left them unattended not a word said to her.

Union said process was not followed so it will be OK disciplinary was postponed due to coronavirus I was off for 2 weeks I returned to work in another store then 2 weeks later get a letter saying another 2 allegations.  I was shocked  I want to put grievance in  >:D

lucgeo

Speak to the rep who was accompanying you at the meeting, get their feedback and advice on going forward with regard placing a grievance.
Live for today. Learn from yesterday.

Tinkerbell1234

lucgeo

Also you can ask for a copy of the notes from the meeting.

Tinkerbell1234

Yes i have all the notes what about the manager statement he must of done one for investigation

lucgeo

Was the statement not referred to in the meeting?? Your rep should have been made aware of the accusations made by the manager in his statement, otherwise how can you defend yourself if you don't know what you are being accused of?

Tinkerbell1234

She had questions written down  she started by saying other allegations have come up and said first one your torned letter up and through it at manager i said pardon my invite says something else she asked to look at letter then then i replied i still have the letter  its not torn up she looked shooked when i showed her so im thinking hed statement says i torn letter up but my invite said i scrunched it up

NightAndDay

Quote from: lucgeo on 02-05-20, 04:54PM
Was the statement not referred to in the meeting?? Your rep should have been made aware of the accusations made by the manager in his statement, otherwise how can you defend yourself if you don't know what you are being accused of?

If the notetaker was in the meeting then this should have been written down anyway.

Tinkerbell1234

No she had a list of questions ticking off one by one i did not see any statement only mine ones that i signed not seen any from manager

Tinkerbell1234

Hi Had meeting and was proven that they were not true the lady said she emailed her finding to area manager and people manager also meeting with the 2 managers in question to .inform them of her findings i will be also getting all my money back and now they are supporting me i wanted to put grievance in my union said leave it now that the area manager and people manager know of the finding will they be dealt with

lucgeo

You will not be privvy to what action is taken against any manager...however there is nothing wrong with you placing a grievance against the manager, this should be dealt with seperately, and dealt with following the outcome from this. It is not a grievance that relates to this meeting, but a seperate grievance against the manager and his conduct, prior to it.

Tinkerbell1234

I know that .i was victimised  with lies which was  proven i just hope they will be spoken to and not brushed under carpet i know union said leave it but i dont want it happening to anybody else

just curious

You could always consider speaking to a solicitor / Legal professional and consider bringing a claim for defamation of character - slander . Tesco would have to give any information required to the solicitor / courts otherwise they could also be held responsible for contempt of court - preventing the course of justice ? .

Tinkerbell1234

Well hopefully area manager will pop in and see me im in another store temp so hopefully will not need to go back

chris9997

Hi does anyone know can you object to the person taking the meeting and note taker on the grounds they have a common out of work link

Tinkerbell1234

Yes you can request a different note taker i did because i knew the person so they changed it 

NightAndDay

Quote from: lucgeo on 07-05-20, 09:57AM
You will not be privvy to what action is taken against any manager...however there is nothing wrong with you placing a grievance against the manager, this should be dealt with seperately, and dealt with following the outcome from this. It is not a grievance that relates to this meeting, but a seperate grievance against the manager and his conduct, prior to it.

It will probably be a lets talk lol.

Tinkerbell1234

Well im in another store temp now this has happened they cant force me to go back before this happened area manager popped in to see me and said there was no vacancies in the area and i could do a alternative job role till a vacancy comes up well no chance of that  now will they let me stay whrre i am till a vacancy comes up

lucgeo

You should really have got some agreement in writing regarding your ongoing employment with Tesco. A " temporary" solution in not a solution in the long run...what's to say in three months time, they insist you return to your previous store, with the manager still in situ, having been " spoken to!" You are probably still being paid by the other store, so that won't go on indefinitely. Unsure why you have to wait for a vacancy, if the findings went in your favour, why are you the one expected in agreeing to changes in your employment? You should be very careful about signing any new contracts, especially when changes in location are involved.

What money did you get back??

Tinkerbell1234

This was said before my meeting regarding no vacancies etc  and she said after investigation is done we will discuss it if nessesary so waiting to see then week 3 when it was crazy in stores manager on holiday and shift leader only 2 of us running store i did extra hrs which buddy manager  people manager were aware  of so i put hours through ptaf report on desk then when manager returned from holiday accused me of putting through unaurthorised hrs i got them deducted in meeting was proven i did do hrs and told i will be getting all my hrs back 

NightAndDay

I never understood how completed hours could be unauthorized if the hours are already done,  if they're already done then by law they must be paid (unless salaried), if they were unauthorized before the hours were completed, then I'd imagine there's a semi-comprehensive policy somewhere which details the amount of notice that must be given to the employee if cancellation of overtime were to occur.

Tinkerbell1234

It was the crazy week of buying i supported the store people manager manager popped to see me and said in front of buddy manager hrs you work make sure they are put through also there was only 2 shift leaders running the store 7hrs paid breaks so i put hrs on buddy store manager signed payroll following week my manager accused me of putting on unautherised hours when they were  its ok im getting all hours back and the other allegation were thrown out proven to be false

Redshoes

Quote from: NightAndDay on 18-05-20, 06:21PM
I never understood how completed hours could be unauthorized if the hours are already done,  if they're already done then by law they must be paid (unless salaried), if they were unauthorized before the hours were completed, then I'd imagine there's a semi-comprehensive policy somewhere which details the amount of notice that must be given to the employee if cancellation of overtime were to occur.

Depends on if authorised or not. If you decide to stay back to do a task, that is your choice but not authorised so does not have to be paid. If you are asked to stay back that is authorised and paid, if you say you have run out of time but there is something you have not done but you are willing to stay and its agreed that's authorised.
This is in very simplistic terms. Paid overtime should always be agreed/authorised. It should not be decided by colleagues as there are set hours and overtime needs to be accounted for so if not authorised it's unpaid as not accounted for. Saying this, manager may look into overtime used when not authorised and then decide. It's up to the manager to ensure they stick to budget regardless of in the store or not. They may have been challenged on overspending.
Overtime can be cancelled and often is. Sometimes it's to cover sick but person has come back. They should inform you before you turn up for work. I'm not 100% on this but if in the building its too late to cancel but if colleague wants to they can go home if overtime is not needed. If not already in the building it can be cancelled before the shift starts. Someone returning to work only needs to give an hours notice but often give more. Checkouts tend to be the best at managing this as there is always team support in and if told they just sort it. If non-food manager taking the call for grocery but grocery manager not yet in it will depend, the manager taking the call may not know if shift has been covered by overtime and needs to be cancelled. All that will depend on how good the rota for the dept is, who is in for that dept when call is taken etc. All managers do not know all overtime shifts in all Depts in the store. They can however talk to people to try and find out.

Tinkerbell1234

Like I said it was authorised by the people manager when she popped in, buddy manager did not tell my manager and it went to investigation which was thrown out like the buddy store manager saying I tore the letter up and threw it at him, again I have the letter proved he lied too, grievance has been put in also had investigation for not checking cigs off, but no investigation for manager who did not give me invite letter they said they put in my folder so he did not follow process also.  So a lot to deal with.

Tinkerbell1234

Can anyone help i had a disciplinary regarding not checking cigarettes off which i have appealled question is im in another store and today one of the managers that had been giving me a hard time was instore has covering store he was in the office my colleague went in the office and there was 4 boxes of cigs that come in in front of manager he opened them up and put them away without checking them  i know i put mine behind till in a safe place and did not open them i got done for not following process not checking cigs off i am not to blame for the cig theft has colleague behind till left them unattended that she opened i will speak to union who else can i speak to as I've been treated unfairly

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk